Intelligence vs. Donald Trump?

Mark

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

It wasn't a 'vehicle' or a 'helicopter' that the US military says crash-landed and was later destroyed.  It was one of these unique tilt-rotors  ... a steal at 70 million greenbacks.

I've seen this documentary about it, it's really good,

5 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

About the internal saboteur, I think it is more reasonable that the drones flew too low,  http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/02/seals-knew-they-were-screwed-from-beginning-in-fatal-yemen-raid-went-into-battle-anyway/

[...]

Local tribal elders speculated that the [al-Qaida terrorists] group was suspicious because U.S. drones were flying lower than normal, and emitting audible engine noise.

[...]

This is all the forewarning they would need to be put on alert.

Korben,

The assumption with this reason is that the US military is not all that aware of what drones sound like on the ground.

I find that reasoning to be a stretch, especially with the constant stealth focus in all things at the Pentagon. Screw-ups happen and I won't say it is impossible, but I don't find it likely.

A saboteur in the midst of a bunch of hostile and angry politicians seems more plausible.

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

Steak and ketchup, no feet on the couch, please, Kellyanne ...

'This was a mission that was started before I got here': Trump suggests Obama to blame for raid that lost Navy SEAL

President Donald Trump suggested in an interview broadcast Tuesday that former President Barack Obama was, in part, at fault for last month's raid in Yemen that resulted in the death of a Navy SEAL, even though it was Trump who gave the order to carry out the raid.

[...]

Though Trump told Fox News that the first several weeks of his presidency deserved an "A" grading, the president blamed the previous administration for several of the White House's current woes.

In the interview, Trump said Obama was responsible for the surge in anti-Trump participation by constituents at congressional GOP town-hall meetings. The president also said information leaks from within the federal government were the result of remaining Obama administration officials attempting to negatively depict the new White House.

Accountability!

Edited by william.scherk