Trumporama -- the morning after

"If I had to choose between betraying my family and betraying my party, I hope I would have the courage to betray my party".(sorry, FMF)

I never would have believed I could admire Ted Cruz and even feel empathy with him in any situation, but so it is. Furthermore, I have never seen him looking so good, or looking barely human come to that.. But did you see his face as he accomplished his intent, his glee  at his righteous anger, his revelling in the boos almost?  Righteous anger is an emotion I have very rarely felt, but it is intoxicating. OK, maybe that happy light in his eye was just from looking at the prize of 2020, but I prefer to believe he genuinely did not care what the consequences  of not rewarding Trump for slagging off his family, his own revenge was sweet enough.

I liked Mike Pence, and I thought his wife was the most beautiful woman in the room, Melania notwithstanding. Karen Pence was gloriously not stick-thin, her arms were not Madonna-toned with string-supported muscle bumps.Her dress was perfect  and her face simply lovely.

Eric gave a fine speech, but he looks so exactly like the actor who is always cast as the insufferable preppie on Law and Order that I just wanted to pronounce him guilty and wipe the entitled expression off his face.

Of course, their political stances are the stuff of nightmares and if I thought they had a chance of winning' I would move to Iqalit to organize resisrtance to the inevitable hostile takeover. So though of course they do have a chance I will not think about it. This is the best political theatre since Watergate, or maybe since the usurpation of Richard III who  tried to marry his niece, murdered his nephews and accused his mother of having borne a bastard,  back when there was no TV.

44 minutes ago, caroljane said:

This is the best political theatre since Watergate, or maybe since the usurpation of Richard III who  tried to marry his niece, murdered his nephews and accused his mother of having borne a bastard,  back when there was no TV.

You were doing so well until here, where you start repeating the vile lies of Henry VII.  Learn the true story:

What do you mean, they had no TV?

It is great to see you are still on top form again Dr ..what did you say your grandmother's name was?  Oh? Say, want to come to dinner at the Tower...have you heard from dear Cousin Reg lately?

On 7/22/2016 at 1:44 PM, caroljane said:

It is great to see you are still on top form again Dr ..what did you say your grandmother's name was?  Oh? Say, want to come to dinner at the Tower...have you heard from dear Cousin Reg lately?

No, it is you who is in top form again.*   So good to see.

*With apologies to 9th Dr.