drip, drop, drip

Here is something I bet  you did not know:  There are 20,000,000 drops in a liter of water.  How about that!

4 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Here is something I bet  you did not know:  There are 20,000,000 drops in a liter of water.  How about that!

I don't believe it.

I have a water distiller and it goes drip drip drip. Let's do some math. It takes about 4 hours to fill the water bottle at about 2 drips per second after it starts boiling. The water bottle is about 3 liters. How many seconds in 4 hours?  4 hours * 60 min/hr * 60 sec/min * 2 drips/sec   is nowhere near 20 million.

45 minutes ago, jts said:

I don't believe it.

I have a water distiller and it goes drip drip drip. Let's do some math. It takes about 4 hours to fill the water bottle at about 2 drips per second after it starts boiling. The water bottle is about 3 liters. How many seconds in 4 hours?  4 hours * 60 min/hr * 60 sec/min * 2 drips/sec   is nowhere near 20 million.

The drops I referred to  are metric drops   (gtt).  Bigger drops are possible, hence fewer are necessary to empty the bag hanging on the pole.  The drop rate is officially gtt/sec.  I was as surprised as you were.  I head no idea about metric drops until a read a textbook on nursing and drug administration....

See:  https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070503083002AAWqr5S