Loren Lockman, Tanglewood

jts

Beanpole Loren Lockman has this youtube channel and this tropical paradise (with insects and snakes and noise) where he tells them 'take up thy bed and walk' puts them on a fast and miracles of Biblical proportions happen and the lame walk and the blind see sometimes they get well.

He is not approved by government but he is outside of the reach of the law in this tropical hideout.

There is nothing he can do for you that you can't do for yourself, with a little knowledge.

Enough videos here to keep you out of mischief for a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LorenLockman/videos?view=0&sort=da&flow=list

Why did Loren Lockman take his business to Costa Rica? News at 11.

Doctors who use fasting live in danger unless they are some place where the law doesn't threaten them. If someone dies while fasting, the unthinking knee jerk response is the doctor caused the death. All it takes is just one event like that and the doctor's business can be ruined. The doctor is not likely to get a fair trial because most people and most doctors and most judges know little or nothing about fasting.

TrueNorth supervised about ten thousand fasts without a single fatality. Just one fatality might be enough to shut the place down.

Death during fasting (notice I did not say from fasting) is rare. People can die from causes other than not eating during a fast.

Legit doctors (doctors approved by government, what you would call real doctors) can have fatalities and not get into trouble with the law. Double standard.

I read some bad things about Tanglewood and other places. Some of these stories might be true. Not all fasting doctors are as competent to supervise a fast as Alan Goldhamer and Paul Goldberg. Anyone who wants to do a supervised fast should look into the options and use the Objectivist virtue of intellectual independence in choosing who will supervise the fast.

Doctors who use fasting live in danger unless they are some place where the law doesn't threaten them.

Does Lockwood claim to be a doctor? I thought he fled America because of a 2007 investigation into licensing and cure claims and curious deaths under his care.

Hunt down the video where he 'explains' the death of a woman under his 'care' in Beyond The Law. He goes on about the risk that is explained to each of his victims. Yet on his website, not one word about risk to the 'client' ... not one.

I do enjoy your Quack of the Week stuff, Jerry. Objectively.

Doctors who use fasting live in danger unless they are some place where the law doesn't threaten them.

Does Lockwood claim to be a doctor? I thought he fled America because of a 2007 investigation into licensing and cure claims and curious deaths under his care.

Hunt down the video where he 'explains' the death of a woman under his 'care' in Beyond The Law. He goes on about the risk that is explained to each of his victims. Yet on his website, not one word about risk to the 'client' ... not one.

His name is Lockman, not Lockwood. His place is Tanglewood.

Currently I am going thru his videos, one by one. This will take a long time. Plus I have some other videos to go thru, some of them long. Plus other things happening in my life. I'll probably be stressed out for a while and not spend much time on videos for a while. I have not yet looked into Loren Lockman's troubles with the law.

When you ask does he claim to be a doctor, you probably mean a medical doctor with a degree in medicine from a school approved by government. I don't believe government should decide whether a doctor is legit and neither did Ayn Rand. I don't judge doctors by whether they are approved by government. So as I see it, that is not relevant.

Obviously some of his patients benefit according to their own testimony. I saw some bad reports about him but often a story has 2 sides.

Already as I am going thru his videos, one by one, he said a few things that I find questionable.

Like for example he thinks that when carrot juice causes the skin to turn orange, that is evidence that you are drinking too much carrot juice and you should lay off on the carrot juice. Shelton held to the same idea. Some time ago I drank 14 litres of carrot juice per week (which I think is enough) and kept it up for several months (this was an experiment) and my skin did not turn the slightest bit orange. Why did my skin not turn orange? One theory about carrot juice is that the carotene goes to the liver and binds with crud in the liver and then carries it out of the body via the skin, causing the skin to turn orange. So according to this theory, the orange color is a sign that the liver is detoxing. And when the liver is fully detoxed, the skin goes back to the normal color. This happened to Norman Walker. His skin turned flaming bright orange and then went back to normal color even with carrot juice. The story goes that he beat cancer of the liver by, among other things, drinking carrot juice.

He is thumbs down on juicing even tho juicing seems to do wonderful things for some people. His reasoning seems to be little more than it is 'unnatural', meaning by 'unnatural' that we have teeth and nature does not give us juice. By that reasoning, a great many things are 'unnatural', for example computers and clothing and houses and cars and etc. If he had meant by 'unnatural' contrary to physiology, he might have made sense.

One mistake about fasting that he makes, pointed out by Alan Goldhamer and confirmed by a Lockman video, is he takes all symptoms during a fast as either detox or healing, unless it is trauma. According to Goldhamer, this mistake can lead to serious consequences.

I do not hold to the idea that all fasting doctors are quacks, maybe some of them.

Does Lockwood Lockman claim to be a doctor? I thought he fled America because of a 2007 investigation into licensing and cure claims and curious deaths under his care.

Currently I am going thru his videos, one by one. This will take a long time.

Okay. Sounds like fun.