USA 2016 Lying Contest

jts

I tend to look upon politicians as the lowest form of life walking on 2 feet. You might say serial killers are worse but if they were politicians, they would be like Hitler and Stalin.

How do politicians get elected? They get elected by making promises ... if I am elected I will ..... In other words they tell lies. And what is an election? It is a lying contest. The winner of an election is the winner of a lying contest. The very fact that he got elected is proof that he is the biggest liar of them all.

It is interesting that politicians are banned from the annual World's Biggest Liar competition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_Biggest_Liar

Politicians and lawyers are not allowed to enter the competition, because "they are judged to be too skilled at telling porkies".[2]

Just telling lies is easy. Anyone can tell a lie. For example I could say there was a man who was so thin that he had to stand in the same place twice to make a good shadow. That kind of lie would never get me elected. The challenge is to tell as many lies as possible as big as possible and get voters to believe them. Polticians are skilled at that. They are professional liars. They are slicker than shit.

A lie is no good if people know it's a lie. In fact if voters figure out that it's a lie, it probably will work against the politician and cost him votes. The challenge is to tell whoppers that people believe.

The official World's Biggest Liar competition is mickey mouse compared with a political election. In the WBL contest, everybody knows it's a lie so it's not a good test of believeableness. But in a political contest, most people don't know it's a lying contest, so it's a true test of how good the lies are. The real professional liars are politicians.

There is a story of a politician (I won't mention his name). He got an early start in his lying career. When he was a baby, he crapped his diaper and then convinced his mother that someone else did it. Anyone who can do that has a great future as a politician.

I thought maybe Donald Trump is an exception, that maybe he will get elected without telling lies. But John Stossel exposed him. Now I think he is probably the slickest liar of them all and therefore will get elected. He is so slick with his lies that he probably succeeded in convincing himself. Build a wall between USA and Mexico and get Mexico to pay for it, my ass.

He might not seem like a liar. But that is part of the deception. If he seemed like the liar he is, he wouldn't get elected. But a few years after he gets elected, his lies will be more obvious.

Yup, I think Donald Trump probably will win the USA 2016 Lying Contest and become the USA Lying Champion president.

"But John Stossel exposed him."
What did Stossel expose?

"But John Stossel exposed him."
What did Stossel expose?

Donald Trump does not believe in individual rights, That one point is enough to shoot him down completely. He does not believe in capitalism and he will not make America great. He is a liar like the rest of them. But his lies will probably get him elected.

He thinks he is not a bully because eminent domain is done by government. He doesn't want to do the dirty work of pointing a gun at the land owner and saying 'sell me your land', so he gets government to do that for him. He thinks violation of rights is okay if it's done by government. He is an enemy of capitalism.

I am not a proponent of Eminent Domain, however, it does exist in law at a Constitutional level as well as a statutory level in, I believe, all fifty (50) states and territories subject to the US Constitution.

The line between public and private development is completely obliterated in today's economy.

This area of Constitutional law and State law needs to be reformed.

For Stossell to conclude that this position of The Donald's is proof that he is an enemy of freedom, would be roughly the same as saying Stossell is an enemy of freedom because he uses publicly sanctioned bandwidths to earn his living.

I can give both a pass on this one.

The real issue is, how can make changes to Eminent Domain that would work in a modern society, or, whether it has to be an aspect of commerce and development that is the grease that makes the machine function.

How would you change it?

A...

Jerry, which liar did you vote for in the last Canadian election?

Good question...

I don't vote.

Thought so.

If there was a line on your ballot that said, "None of the above are acceptable to me." and that vote, as well as all the others who selected that same line would be publicly recorded and counted, would that be motivation for you to vote?

I don't vote.

Thought so.

If there was a line on your ballot that said, "None of the above are acceptable to me." and that vote, as well as all the others who selected that same line would be publicly recorded and counted, would that be motivation for you to vote?

Maybe, if I had enough ambition to vote.

The real issue is, how can make changes to Eminent Domain that would work in a modern society, or, whether it has to be an aspect of commerce and development that is the grease that makes the machine function.

How would you change it?

A...

If you wanted someone's land, how would you acquire it? By force? No. Pay the price. If they won't sell, too bad. If you need, too bad. If you can't go ahead with your plan, too bad. Have some foresight.

Government seems to be above ethics.

If I take someone's money by force, that is theft. When government takes money by force, that is taxes and people are proud to pay taxes.

If I kill someone, that is murder and I am a criminal. When government does the same thing, that is war and the individuals who do it are heroes.

If I take someone's land by force, I'm a bad guy. When government takes land by force, that's eminent domain. You say government 'needs'. What happened to a need is not a claim? I probably could say that I need.

Government is supposed to protect rights, not violate rights. But government violates rights as it pleases.

How would you change it?

A...

If you wanted someone's land, how would you acquire it? By force? No. Pay the price. If they won't sell, too bad. If you need, too bad. If you can't go ahead with your plan, too bad. Have some foresight.

Government seems to be above ethics.

If I take someone's money by force, that is theft. When government takes money by force, that is taxes and people are proud to pay taxes.

If I kill someone, that is murder and I am a criminal. When government does the same thing, that is war and the individuals who do it are heroes.

If I take someone's land by force, I'm a bad guy. When government takes land by force, that's eminent domain. You say government 'needs'. What happened to a need is not a claim? I probably could say that I need.

Government is supposed to protect rights, not violate rights. But government violates rights as it pleases.

JTS:

I know the arguments. How would you change it in the real world of mapped streets, city plans, county plans in design stage that have spent money designing for inclusion in to the Capital Budget.

These plans are fit into Regional Plans with Capital Budgets, etc.

How would you change it.

Dismantling this Administrative State is going to take skill, will and a little good luck would help.

A...

• 3 years later...