Rats!

Wolf DeVoon

Here's what someone who claims to be the author has to say about the book's creation:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1698992-plagiarism

This man was my 2nd husband. i thought of the idea and submitted the proposal to Mustang Press. I secured the publishing contract. He helped (Alan) with the typing. He did not conceive the concept, not did he do any research. He is not the author of this work, I am. He quietly arranged with the printer to place his name first, so it appeared that his "little wifey" helped. H9ow sad.

Theresa von Altendorf ( no longer his wife)

check with Musatang Publishing who was original author.

-----

Wow, is that true, WolfAlan?

J

Here's what someone who claims to be the author has to say about the book's creation:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1698992-plagiarism

This man was my 2nd husband. i thought of the idea and submitted the proposal to Mustang Press. I secured the publishing contract. He helped (Alan) with the typing. He did not conceive the concept, not did he do any research. He is not the author of this work, I am. He quietly arranged with the printer to place his name first, so it appeared that his "little wifey" helped. H9ow sad.

Theresa von Altendorf ( no longer his wife)

check with Musatang Publishing who was original author.

-----

Wow, is that true, WolfAlan?

J

The name placement is correct assuming both belong there. It's partly a matter of alliteration. The weaker sounding first name goes first. "Alan" is weaker because "A" is a vowel and that doesn't match up well against the non-vowel "T". The alliteration comes from the first and last names starting with the "A". The weaker name is weaker because it is alliterative. If my name were alliterative it would be something like "Brant [von] Branton," That's weaker than what it actually is. "Von" itself is rather weak to American ears. Ludwig von Mises wanted to drop it when he came to America. He didn't for he didn't want to mess up scholars researching his published papers.

If a man leaves a lot of pissed off women behind him, maybe he's doing the right thing exiting the marriages making up for the wrong thing of going into them?

--Brant

I find my lost first draft is better done when I have to do it all over again, typing all the way. Most of my stuff here is first draft. I think I can do remarkable writing by the fifth draft if not the sixth or seventh. That's for short pieces. I've never done that for anything other nor would I try except for fiction.

--Brant

I never write anything, I just type it.

The issue is not one of physically writing versus typing, but of claiming to be the author of a work. Nor was the question whether you use ink vs graphite vs carbon. Did you not understand the question? It's a pretty simple question.

J

I don't like Snidely Anonymous, but he got me to thinking. I can't use a light meter or operate cameras. Don't do any sound recording or mixing. Other folks do that professionally. Takes a long time to learn and practice those skills. I'm not a performer -- don't act, or dance, or play a musical instrument. All I do is sit in a chair while other people do things. And in post, film and video editors and engineers push all the buttons and sliders. I sit in a chair and watch, occasionally go out to smoke cigarettes and stare at the night sky. Turns out I never did a lick of work as a director. Just took credit for work that somebody else did.

So, lacking all knowledge of the art form and having no technical knowledge or experience, you just skipped ahead to the role of director? Heh.

WolfAlan, what have you directed, other than a self-produced, rejected TV pilot video? Post links to your alleged films.

Anyway, you still haven't answered the original question. Why is that? Why are you evading it?

J