it begins...

moralist

Uncle Sam, Greg just wrote: Bleep bleep bleep!

What can I say, Pedro? I agree with Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens when they agreed, religion is a form of self-imposed mental slavery for adults and a form of child abuse for the wee ones. As Cervantes said, “The first priest was the first rogue who met the first fool.”

Bleep bleep bleep, said Greg.

Greg, in Christian America “the best sermon wins” and the more commercial or entrepreneurial church gathers a bigger flock. Where there is a State religion, as with The Church of England or in Israel, “the state religion stagnates.” So, please stop saying bleep. Are you mad Pedro sent you a personal email with Ayn Rand's speech to the US Military Academy? I will tell him to stop bothering you.

Let me shut the bug off. Whew. Back to business. Email from Ted Cruz: Friend, I need to be brutally honest with you, and the truth is going to hurt. Our country is on the brink of disaster, brought there by career politicians and the Washington Cartel. The only way out is to return to the original vision of our Founding Fathers that made this country great.

I wrote A Time for Truth to share my personal, deep connection to the American dream. The book is normally $85 in the web store, but if you click any link in this email and donate $75, I’ll send you a signed copy.

end quote

That seems a bit steep but I guess he is running for POTUS. He sounds like Greg. Can he be elected? He is doing better than Rubio, Paul, and a bunch of others. Caution. Naughty joke. And I guarantee that Ted Cruz did not write it.

Peter

Two terrorists are in a locker room taking their annual shower after a bomb making class when one notices the other one bending over holding his stomach in agony, he has a huge cork stuck in his butt.

"If you do not mind me saying," said the second terrorist, "that cork looks very uncomfortable. Why do you not take it out?"

"I regret I cannot," lamented the first. "It is permanently stuck in my butt."

"I do not understand," said the other.

The first terrorist says, "I was walking along the beach when I tripped over an oil lamp. There was a puff of smoke, and then a huge old man in an American flag with a white beard and top hat came boiling out." He said, "I am Uncle Sam, the Genie. I can grant you one wish."

I said, "No sh*t?"

Verified by Brian Williams From MSNBC... He was there when it happened.

When it comes to humor you are a bull in a haha shop.

--Brant

even when you're funny we need to keep out of your way

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg, in Christian America the best sermon wins and the more commercial or entrepreneurial church gathers a bigger flock.

Peter, from where did you get the crazy idea that commercialized religion has anything remotely to do with a Christian's personal relationship between God and their Conscience? I know... it came from secular leftism. :wink:

Where there is a State religion, as with The Church of England or in Israel, the state religion stagnates.

In America where the State religion is secular leftism... the economy stagnates. :laugh:

...and I'll say what I see fit to say. :wink:

Greg

After the latest stock market, "black Friday" is September 14, 2015 still doomsday lite? If any financial wizards agreed with Greg they probably overbought stocks now so they could sell them on September 13th and make a profit. Ferengi Rules of Acquisition forbid prophecies as evidence so I didn't buy any.

Unless you are a lone Monk Greg you must go to a giant crystal cathedral to be saved. And you must be a Catholic or is it a Baptist? (and that word is pronounced Babbtist.)

I may have mentioned it before but my niece's daughter is going to Liberty University. It was cee plus academically on some scale but seemed like a decent college. Sarah Palin and Ted Cruz are two people who have recently spoken there. Liberty U. does not allow fraternities and sororities on campus which is a good thing in my book. And drinking or possessing alcohol is not allowed, so kegger's and drunkards need not apply.

Regardless of Greg's prognostications an investor is much better in cash than in equities today. A massive deflationary crunch is manifesting itself world wide. Things could go to hell without a US blow off top in its equity markets. They could even go to hell on Sept. 14. That the Dow is now 2000 points down against its all time high is peanuts. In November it could be down 5000 points. It won't be making any new all time high anytime soon. But what you might do then is buy great companies paying great dividends for great prices. The company paying 3% today might be paying 5% then. Just understand those companies could get cheaper still, especially growth companies paying no dividends. If this market was healthy small cap stocks would be outperforming large cap stocks, but the opposite is true. The true health of this economy is measured by the smaller businesses.

Cash is not what you have in your bank account either, but probably better there than elsewhere. In the bank account is your claim to cash, not the cash itself. Only the money in your physical possession is real cash. Your ATM may run out or be shut down. Similarly, the stocks you own in your brokerage account? You don't. All you have is a claim on what is in turn the claim of your brokerage for the same stocks held by the real owner, the clearing house. Your broker could go belly up leaving you with a huge problem. The companies you think you own pieces of do-not-know-who-the-heck-you-are. If you call your broker and say send me the stock certificates you become the real owner. Put them in your safe deposit box. Now it's between you and the companies. Those companies also know you electronically. Your certificates are replaceable. Put a match to them and ask for new ones. When Warren Buffet made good on his pledge to donate some of his wealth to a Bill Gates charity, he did not call his broker. He went to his bank and removed the paper certificates from his safe deposit box for the Berkshire stock as the first step in effective transfer of ownership.

--Brant

Greg wrote: In America where the State religion is secular leftism... the economy stagnates.
end quote

(Ghost Riders In The Sky) by Vaughn Monroe is pretty mystical. Or the best version I can think of, Sons of the Pioneers (Roy rogers old group) singing it is as religious as I can get. It gives me chills. You can hear it on You Tube. If you can find one in HD and listen to it.

Greg, you have mentioned that a free society is more prosperous but can you give a rational argument as to why a country should be a free, and capitalist society, without bringing mysticism into it? Keeping in a musical theme, as Hoyt Axton said, In a totalitarian state “if you work your fingers to the bone, you get boney fingers,” but not deservedly rich.

9/11 2015 is a Friday and more likely to be called Black Friday. More pre apocalypse 9/14/2015 news.

I saw a picture of bill talking to Hillary. Bill says to her, “While you’re in prison I’m free to date. Right?”

Objectivist Robert Tracinski on the Iran deal talking about Kerry. In last week's Senate testimony, he first established the theme, warning that if Congress doesn't approve the deal, "we will have proven we're not trustworthy." Get that? We have a Secretary of State who conducted negotiations from the premise that we, not the Iranians, are the ones who have to prove we can be trusted.

But that wasn't just a gaffe or an isolated observation. Kerry expanded on it in an interview with Jeffrey Goldberg that was published this week:

"'The ayatollah constantly believed that we are untrustworthy, that you can't negotiate with us, that we will screw them,' Kerry said. 'This'--a congressional rejection--'will be the ultimate screwing.' He went on to argue that 'the United States Congress will prove the ayatollah's suspicion, and there's no way he's ever coming back. He will not come back to negotiate. Out of dignity, out of a suspicion that you can't trust America. America is not going to negotiate in good faith. It didn't negotiate in good faith now, would be his point.'"
end quote

Brant wrote: Regardless of Greg's prognostications an investor is much better in cash than in equities today. A massive deflationary crunch is manifesting itself world wide.
end quote

But Brant if money is deflating wouldn’t each dollar you have be worth less, whether it was in your hand, your safety deposit box or in your account? Land, gold or other commodities might be more inflation / deflation proof. If Iran gives terrorists one A Bomb to plant in America, which city would they nuke? DC? NYNY? I can’t think of anyway that would affect the markets more than that and destroy more wealth in America. I have bought some iodine pills from CVS to protect our thyroids.
Peter

Greg, you have mentioned that a free society is more prosperous but can you give a rational argument as to why a country should be a free, and capitalist society, without bringing mysticism into it?

First let me straighten out all of the kinks in your question so I can answer it.

I have said that only a decent society can be free, because freedom is only for the decent.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

John Adams

He understood this. You obviously do not... or you wouldn't have asked that particular question.

Anyone who puts doing what's morally right before everything else will prosper beyond their wildest dreams. This is because they are acting in harmony with the objective reality of moral law. Acting in harmony with the objective reality of moral law invites God's Providence into your life whether or not you believe in Him. Believing in God is not necessary... only loving what's morally right enough to do it matters.

The answer to your question:

NO

The_Prayer_at_Valley_Forge_by_Arnold_Fri

From your secular viewpoint George Washington was an illogical irrational superstitious mystic.

When the secular leftists who share your values have finally succeeded in completely expunging Who George prayed to from America...

...you will also have succeeded in destroying America.

Greg

Adam quotes from Jonathan Cahn article:

"Cahn implores those concerned about the Shemitah not to focus on dates but on getting their own houses in order."

Jonathan understands that if enough people straighten out their own lives and start living like decent Americans...

...America will not be destroyed.

Greg

Greg, you have mentioned that a free society is more prosperous but can you give a rational argument as to why a country should be a free, and capitalist society, without bringing mysticism into it?

First let me straighten out all of the kinks in your question so I can answer it.

I have said that only a decent society can be free, because freedom is only for the decent.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

John Adams

He understood this. You obviously do not... or you wouldn't have asked that particular question.

Anyone who puts doing what's morally right before everything else will prosper beyond their wildest dreams. This is because they are acting in harmony with the objective reality of moral law. Acting in harmony with the objective reality of moral law invites God's Providence into your life whether or not you believe in Him. Believing in God is not necessary... only loving what's morally right enough to do it matters.

The answer to your question:

NO

The_Prayer_at_Valley_Forge_by_Arnold_Fri

From your secular viewpoint George Washington was an illogical irrational superstitious mystic.

When the secular leftists who share your values have finally succeeded in completely expunging Who George prayed to from America...

...you will also have succeeded in destroying America.

Greg

Where did you get that photo of George, Greg? Is there a video?

Only communists can make a great communist country by doing what is morally right.

Did Adams explain his statement or is it only you trying to do so? Where does subjectivity end and objectivity begin in this moral gumbo?

I am an American, btw, does not explain what kind of American. A citizen of the United States is an American. We can posit an ideal kind of American, but we cannot say the serial killer next door isn't any American at all, not if he's a citizen. The ideal--let's put the ideal together and make us him--doesn't have to be a citizen but having "American" values can be a citizen of the world Americaning wherever he goes.

--Brant

Adam quotes from Jonathan Cahn article:

"Cahn implores those concerned about the Shemitah not to focus on dates but on getting their own houses in order."

Jonathan understands that if enough people straighten out their own lives and start living like decent Americans...

...America will not be destroyed.

Greg

They got three weeks and one day.

--Brant

or did I go off the tracks?

Brant writes:Where did you get that photo of George, Greg? Is there a video?
So now you're actually denying that George Washington prayed to God at Valley Forge? :laugh:
Only communists can make a great communist country by doing what is morally right.
You've obviously failed to understand that Communism itself is immoral.Greg

They got three weeks and one day.

--Brant

or did I go off the tracks?

Jonathan had been saying that for many years when there was plenty of time for people to clean up their lives. In my opinion, now it's already too late for America. Only individual Americans can save themselves.

2,500 years ago, Isaiah warned the Israelites that if they didn't stop practicing iniquities like sacrificing their children on altars to pagan idols, their land would be completely destroyed. He got mocks and FU's until their land was indeed utterly destroyed by their enemies because they had freely chosen to forfeit God's moral protection and economic providence.

Today, America has racked up over fifty million snuffed fetuses, is absolutely drowning in dope, has legitimized every form of perversion, while the majority have become secular political leftists who worship at the altar of their idol, big government which gives them benefits checks.

George Washington warned America that it would not enjoy God's blessings if it gave up doing what's morally right. Here, read for yourself the words of an unenlightened primitive illogical irrational superstitious mystic:

"I dwell on this prospect with every satisfaction which an ardent love for my Country can inspire: since there is no truth more thoroughly established, than that there exists in the oeconomy and course of nature, an indissoluble union between virtue and happiness, between duty and advantage, between the genuine maxims of an honest and magnanimous policy, and the solid rewards of public prosperity and felicity: Since we ought to be no less persuaded that

THE PROPITIOUS SMILES OF HEAVEN, CAN NEVER BE EXPECTED ON A NATION THAT DISREGARDS THE ETERNAL RULES OF ORDER AND RIGHT, WHICH HEAVEN ITSELF HAS ORDAINED:

And since the preservation of the sacred fire of liberty, and the destiny of the Republican model of Government, are justly considered as deeply, perhaps as finally staked, on the experiment entrusted to the hands of the American people."

So enjoy your FU's while you can, because sooner or later the chickens are going to come home to roost in America...

I'm a wild eyed mystic when it comes to God's moral protection and economic providence because my own life has been AMPLE evidence to convince me.

I'm NOT a believer. I KNOW for myself.

Everyone else is on their own for the objective reality of their lives to convince them that what they're doing is morally right.

Greg :wink

Brant writes:

Where did you get that photo of George, Greg? Is there a video?

So now you're actually denying that George Washington prayed to God at Valley Forge? :laugh:

You've obviously failed to understand that Communism itself is immoral.

Greg

You obviously fail to understand satire.

I know communism is immoral evil. I've known it all my life.

I fought in the Vietnam War. I killed or tried to kill communists.

Today the only communists worth killing I know of are in North Korea.

--Brant

At this very moment, secularists are busy writing God out of America's founding... and when they finally succeed,,, America will be destroyed.

There's an old Russian joke: "The future is known... it's the past that keeps changing."

That is coming to pass in America right now... and it's no joke.

Greg

Well, Greg, there's lots of turmoil in markets today. We're still three weeks away from your judgment day. I'm watching equity futures getting worse and worse up to the opening. The pre-market traders are panicking. The DOW was down a thousand points last week. Now it's aiming for a thousand in a day. (I love the drama but am just a spectator.) We're aiming for three thousand DOW points down from the all time high and 2000 down in the last five trading days. A true flush out buy stocks hand over fist would need another 2-3000 down. That won't happen unless the lenders say "No mas!" and the Federal Reserve starts calling the banks and telling them to re-open their lending windows like Greenspan did in 1987. I hope there's going to be enough panic juice left for your victory dance around the world going up in flames on September 14. The futures are now down the daily limit. The first hour of trading starting in five minutes is going to be interesting. (The trick is not to play the market but buy equities at bargain prices.)

Could Armageddon be suffering from premature ejaculation?

--Brant

Oh, this is ~NOTHING~. The ~REAL~ show hasn't even started. :laugh:

I'll make a wild guess here... a totally subjective opinion based on my observation of how Divine moral law operates.

2001 was America's loss of God's moral protection. 2008 was America's loss of God's economic providence. So right now both of those have ALREADY been forfeit because a critical mass of people have chosen to institutionalize immorality, embraced personal corruption in their own lives, and by joining themselves to the secular political religion of leftism have largely expunged God from society...

...exactly as Israel did 2,500 years ago...

...so my opinion of what will happen next will be a one-two combination of the two blessings America has already forfeit by immoral secularists crapping on God.

This is exactly what George Washington warned America about on his very first day in office... but what the fuck would he know when he was just a crazy irrational superstitious mystic? :wink:

This is why I have no stocks, no options, no futures, no derivatives, no 401k's, no IRA's, no CD's, no debts, no vehicle loans, no vehicle leases, no equity lines of credit, no mortgages, no second mortgages, no student loan debt, no personal debts, and a zero credit card balance.

Instead, I invest in my business. When I sell products associated with my services, I make 40% on my money in one day. And that's on top of my profit on my own labor. I then do the very same thing the next day and the next. This is completely independent of the debt driven zero sum gambling where your gain only comes from the loss of others. I create my own honest ethical American Capitalist micro climate...

...and the weather here is always nice. :smile:

Greg

Oh, this is ~NOTHING~. The ~REAL~ show hasn't even started. :laugh:

I'll make a wild guess here... a totally subjective opinion based on my observation of how Divine moral law operates.

2001 was America's loss of God's moral protection. 2008 was America's loss of God's economic providence. So right now both of those have ALREADY been forfeit because a critical mass of people have chosen to institutionalize immorality, embraced personal corruption in their own lives, and by joining themselves to the secular political religion of leftism have largely expunged God from society...

...exactly as Israel did 2,500 years ago...

...so my opinion of what will happen next will be a one-two combination of the two blessings America has already forfeit by immoral secularists crapping on God.

This is exactly what George Washington warned America about on his very first day in office... but what the fuck would he know when he was just a crazy irrational superstitious mystic? :wink:

This is why I have no stocks, no options, no futures, no derivatives, no 401k's, no IRA's, no CD's, no debts, no vehicle loans, no vehicle leases, no equity lines of credit, no mortgages, no second mortgages, no student loan debt, no personal debts, and a zero credit card balance.

Instead, I invest in my business. When I sell products associated with my services, I make 40% on my money in one day. And that's on top of my profit on my own labor. I then do the very same thing the next day and the next. This is completely independent of the debt driven zero sum gambling where your gain only comes from the loss of others. I create my own honest ethical American Capitalist micro climate...

...and the weather here is always nice. :smile:

Greg

All moral law is human made. There is nothing in the physical laws of the cosmos that imply a code or morality.

Moral facts are either man-made or the logical consequences of man-made moral facts.

Ba'al Chatzaf

All moral law is human made.

Yes bob, that's exactly same view as the secular political religion of leftism.

In your view there is no objective reality, no objective moral standard of personal behavior. There is no objective truth so there are no lies. Good and evil are nothing more than subjective opinions, so no one person's opinion is any better or worse than any another's.

Greg

Well, except for nature's moral law: #1. you fuck up, you die.

Man says: "but I like fucking up? Can I fuck up, please?"

Nature says: "makes no difference to me" [see #1]

Man's moral law is trying to figure out #1. And like it. [but it's so hard! (whiny voice)]

Well, it was only a little panic today which has reversed from DOW down 1089 to DOW down 112.

So Armageddon is still on track for Sept. 14 as per Greg.

--Brant

hello. hello--look lady, the world is going to end in three weeks and I don't want to die a virgin, so I was wondering . . .

All moral law is human made. There is nothing in the physical laws of the cosmos that imply a code or morality.

Moral facts are either man-made or the logical consequences of man-made moral facts.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Moral law is the consequence of reality back engineered into principles that help people who are therefore moral in their human actions and interactions. Moral law is not man made, it is man identified. Moral law then leads to the creation of individual rights out of a subset of identifications and the creation of a moral and just and practical political system. This process tends to reverse when people start ignoring moral law they did not create but was there for the virtuous taking. Moral law is not a human creation. It is a human need. Individual rights is a human creation and a human need. Ayn Rand did not create the ethics of Objectivism, she identified them. That her ethics need some more work only means more identifications are needed. That is an empirical quest. She got the basic principles right. What is lacking is not so much any mistake she made, but mostly more elaboration.

Your point was trivial so your mistake is too--unless you keep holding onto it--or you counter with reasoning and not mere asseveration.

--Brant

Deflation? So if today, I had a dollar bill and it could buy something off the McDonald’s Dollar Menu, tomorrow after deflation market forces might prod McDonalds to have a 75 cent menu? If I had a parcel of land worth X amount of dollars today, after deflation it would be worth perhaps 75 percent of yesterday’s value, therefor if I sell it today for one hundred thousand, tomorrow I might only get three quarters of that amount? Commodities would lose value but the buying power of a paper, dollar bill would go up? Interesting. Scrooge McDuck and his money bin are starting to make sense.
Peter

Deflation From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Not to be confused with Disinflation.
In economics, deflation is a decrease in the general price level of goods and services.[1] Deflation occurs when the inflation rate falls below 0% (a negative inflation rate). This should not be confused with disinflation, a slow-down in the inflation rate (i.e., when inflation declines to lower levels).[2] Inflation reduces the real value of money over time; conversely, deflation increases the real value of money –- the currency of a national or regional economy. This allows one to buy more goods with the same amount of money over time.

Economists generally believe that deflation is a problem in a modern economy because it increases the real value of debt, and may aggravate recessions and lead to a deflationary spiral.[3]

Although the values of capital assets are often casually said to "deflate" when they decline, this should not be confused with deflation as a defined term; a more accurate description for a decrease in the value of a capital asset is economic depreciation (which should not be confused with the accounting convention of depreciation, which are standards to determine a decrease in values of capital assets when market values are not readily available or practical).

Obama wheeled out his talking head to say we have a vibrant economy and things are much better than they were in 2008. As Dana Carvey said in character as the Church Lady, "Well isn't that special?" For Progressive conspiracy theorists putting out platitudes for the public to say BS to, is like a possible sighting of UFO's for the folks living in Roswell. Yawn. I've been to area 54. I've seen the mutant the American economic system has become. It will be interesting to see if the Chinese stock market drops (its day there, but night here) and if we go down some more. Greg is saying we ain't seen nuthin' yet. What about my social security blanket?