Donald Trump

Oh, look, another Democrat had all his shit confiscated.

“The FBI led the raids at Sandoval’s office in the state capitol as well as his regional offices in the 5800 block of West 35th Street in Cicero

“Shortly after 12:30 p.m., at least eight men left the Senate Democratic offices carrying two cardboard boxes, two brown bags labeled “evidence” and what appeared to be a desktop computer, wrapped in plastic. They loaded everything into two SUVs.”

See, this one now is no longer a problem. He won’t be doing the things for his bosses anymore, because he understands what becomes public if he does. Another Demo-scum-rat neutralized. The swamp draining continues. Guess who sits at the top of Chicago politics? I’ll give you some hints:

- He rose to the top there, then became Illinois Senator from there, then a U.S. Congressman from there, then a U.S. Senator from there, then he became President of the United States.

- Even though we nearly never hear anything from him at all these days, his Attorney General Eric Holder in March of 2017 said “[my boy] is ready to come back to Washington and ‘destroy President Trump’” https://newspunch.com/eric-holder-obama-destroy-trump/

https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics/ct-illinois-sen-marty-sandoval-office-raids-20190924-wns55ttc3fhtdfzlzb5gogd2qi-story.html

Come on, Pelosi.

Please, please, please institute the formal impeachment inquiry as announced.

Please do it.

:)

I was trying to think of something clever to say, then saw this on my twitter feed.

I'm pissed at Ann, but still, she nailed this.

These idiots don't realize how totally pissed President Trump's base and a whole slew of moderates (and even, eventually hard core progressives) will get pissed off as the pissing off moves into pissed off like never seen since right before the Civil War once an impeachment inquiry gets underway with the fake news media doing a drumbeat of "muh impeachment" in the same molds as "muh Russians."

It's going to be a beautiful sight to see, especially with the establishment ruling class being thrown out of office one by one, mostly on scandals--and it won't be the Trump administration doing most of the investigating. It will be all those pissed off people.

Michael

8 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

It's going to be a beautiful sight to see, especially with the establishment ruling class being thrown out of office one by one, mostly on scandals--and it won't be the Trump administration doing most of the investigating. It will be all those pissed off people.

Wanna see a tidbit, a harbinger?

Try the post right above from Jon:

2 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Oh, look, another Democrat had all his shit confiscated.

State Senator, granted, but it's a tidbit, not the banquet table that's being set.

Michael

• Like 1

There is going to be a day that everyone remembers. Where they were and what they were doing, like with JFK and Challenger and 9/11. You will understand on that day in highly dramatic fashion that Trump is a hero, that Trump saved the world from people we trusted, promoted, voted for.

That day can only come when everyone is watching very closely. And everyone will simultaneously watch something very closely only when they all believe they are about to see something wonderful.

This means we are looking for the perfect storm of a story that captures the imagination of everyone of every political belief and leaning. It will build up, another week will go by, the evidence for both sides will pile up, people from all sides will demand some kind of escalation and resolution, because every living person will be convinced it is going to go their preferred way. And then, when everyone on the planet is on the edge of their seats and paying very close attention the truth will explode and no one will forget the day for the rest of their lives.

14 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Wanna see a tidbit, a harbinger?

Try the post right above from Jon:

State Senator, granted, but it's a tidbit, not the banquet table that's being set.

Michael

In a string of Illinois busts, though. This is like fourth in so many months. And we should keep in mind that we don’t get the truth about the depth of their crimes. Just reading headlines, you’d have gathered Capone was delinquent on taxes. These fuckers are guilty of everything under the sun, don’t pay too much attention to what the news says they may have done wrong.

Anybody wanna read the transcript of the call the Dems are using as the goods they got on President Trump? (It's a PDF.)

MEMORANDUM OF TELEPHONE CONVERSATION: Declassified by order of the President - September 24, 2019beside-link-icon.svgbeside-link-icon.svgbeside-link-icon.svg

That kaplosh and odd quacking sound you hear are the Dems falling in the drink and the left over anti-Trump fanatics (including the fake news media) trying to make a dead duck fly.

LATER EDIT - The President takes a victory lap: 

Michael

btw - It's now coming out that last May... well, let the headline say it:

Democrats Wrote to Ukraine in May 2018, Demanding It Investigate Trump

Here's the letter on Senate stationarybeside-link-icon.svg and signed by Senators Robert Menendez, Richard J. Durbin and Patrick J. Leahy, all Democrats.

Now they bitch about President Trump talking to the Ukraine? Heh. As usual, the Dems sanctimoniously accuse others of what they themselves do.

That comment may be old news, but at least it's not fake news.

Michael

btw - My favorite part of the transcription is one nobody is talking about. I believe it is the one that is causing all kinds of indigestion.

This is President Trump talking to President Zelensky (Ukraine).

I would like you to do us a favor, though, because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation.

Decoded, this means some potential deep shit. Remember when the DNC server got "hacked"? (Actually, data from the server was copied to a USB drive, the only thing that makes sense according to the copy/paste logs because of transfer speed, but everyone wants to keep playing a silly game of saying "hacked." Maybe that's because "hacked" sounds cooler than "copied." :) 

And remember that the DNC would not let the server be looked at forensically by the FBI? Instead, the DNC hired a private firm called Crowdstrike to investigate the server.

Ever since then, nobody knows what happened to that server. A copy was made, but the original disappeared. Most people think it was destroyed. Now President Trump seems to think it is in the Ukraine, maybe in the care of Crowdstrike over there. btw - Crowdstrike is up to its neck in Ukrainian affairs...

Imagine if, during a US presidential election, the original server of a major political party ended up on foreign soil by a company it hired. What would happen?

Kablooey! That's what.

This certainly explains the overreaction by the Democrats right now with "muh impeachment."

Let's see what happens.

Michael

• Like 1

Someone on Fox News suggested a release of VP Biden’s calls to Ukraine and China when he was the number two Washington Swamp Man. I would like to hear or see a transcript of those calls, especially the call to China before his trip there with his son Hunter which netted them a billion dollar *personal deal*. Even if the Democratic challengers won’t parse Biden’s words, The American Press will be glad to and even some in China and the Ukraine might be shocked . . . Shocked I tell ya!

Hello, Lois? This is your editor, Perry White. I want those Biden transcripts for the Friday morning edition and on our Fox affiliate’s nightly news at 6:30. What? Well give the White House a call, damn it. Kent can help you. He knows somebody, who knows somebody.   

Trump’s call to the Ukrainian President are interpreted as meddling in the upcoming 20/20 election by Pelosi and  the Democratic challengers, but was it simply a Presidential call to see “justice for all?” Will we need an impeachment thread? I think enough facts are known to have one, because the Dems seem to have just enough “questionable” wording to take the quest forward.

Fox’s Dana Perino at 2:10 is saying the outcome may be intriguing. Another Fox guy was saying a colleague called a Senate source asking about a gun control bill and the source said all we are doing is going over the impeachment process and the atmosphere is frantic at the Senate. Another guy said: They can’t beat Trump at the ballot box so they will get him out through impeachment.

More Fox analyses: Does this remind anyone of Bill Clinton’s woes? Hillary just called for impeachment for Trump’s treason or something like that. Has the threshold for high crimes and misdemeanors been reached? Pelosi is having a five pm news conference where she will call for an impeachment inquiry. Oh the drama. What will she say? "I love the smell of napalm in the morning." (from Apocalypse Now (1979.)

Trump is meeting the Ukrainian President and a news conference is now taking place. This may clear up the particulars of this situation. Wow. Trump is revealing some about the Biden's corruption.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Will we need an impeachment thread?

After 552 pages, maybe, but probably not.

Here are a couple of 'talking points' screenshots that were said to originate in the White House -- ending up in the email inboxes of Democratic House members ... 

WHITEHOUSE-Talkingpoints01.jpg

WHITEHouseTP-02.jpg

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

And remember that the DNC would not let the server be looked at forensically by the FBI? Instead, the DNC hired a private firm called Crowdstrike to investigate the server.

How gratifying to see Rush Limbaugh talk about this, too.

(I wonder if he copied me? :) 😎 )

Why Trump’s Focus on CrowdStrike Is So Key

Michael

I see Jon and Michael have covered some of this but Rush Limbaugh is saying funds were being withheld from Ukraine one month before the President’s call. The Ukrainian President did not know this until one month AFTER the call. So no collusion was occurring and the Democrats are full of crap. Per Rush, Trump asking about crimes possibly committed by the cyber company Crowdstrike was behavior of a lawful manner because of a law signed by Bill Clinton in 1999 to stifle criminal elements in the Ukraine.

Rush replayed a 2016 Trump speech before the election saying he would drain the swamp. Replaying the speech was electrifying. And El Rusbo was wondering about the backbone and intent of the Republican Party during all this. Peter

From Bloomberg. Trump Cites Crowdstrike in Cryptic Remark to Ukraine Leader By William Turton and Alyza Sebenius September 25, 2019, 12:31 PM EDT Updated on September 25, 2019, 3:38 PM EDT. President Donald Trump’s call with his Ukrainian counterpart contained an intriguing, if incomplete, reference to the cybersecurity company Crowdstrike Inc. It came after Trump asked Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy to “do us a favor.”

“I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike ... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it,” Trump said, according to a memo describing the July 25 call released by the White House. There are ellipses in parts of the transcript, which a U.S. official said doesn’t indicate missing words or phrases. Instead, it represents a voice trailing off or a pause.

While the meaning of Trump’s comments weren’t clear, he appears to be referencing a theory that he and some conservative commentators have espoused that Crowdstrike’s work is biased in favor of Democrats. Trump has complained that a company, Crowdstrike, did the analysis of the Democratic National Committee’s servers after it was hacked in 2016, rather than a law enforcement agency, namely the Federal Bureau of Investigation

41 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

From Rush Limbaugh today:

Don’t Doubt Me: The Democrats’ Impeachment Ploy Is Failing

In the backrooms, the Dems are in "Oh shit!" mode.

Michael

Impeachment is one method to use the *government* to go after the opposing candidate. The Democratic Party is using the government to fight politically. And to rub the thought in, I will reiterate. The Dems are using government resources, not their own funds or time, to attack a political candidate near an upcoming election. They are willing to stall the President’s agendas and take time and money from legitimate Presidential duties by using government funds. That is fighting dirty and corruptly.

What impact will this have on 2020? Is this dirty tactic going to get the Democrats into the White House in 2021? Morally, President Trump should use government resources to *defend* himself but is it legal to use government resources to win an election and *attack* his Democratic opponents who are attacking him? It is a sticky wicket as the Brits might say. They are attacking using the government so the President should attack using the government? But dirty tricks did not work too well for Richard Nixon. Peter     

Notes. From The Washington Post’s Philip Bump . . . . How much was the State Department involved in deploying Giuliani? Giuliani’s role in the Ukraine effort is a substantial one. He’s mentioned repeatedly in the whistleblower’s complaint as advocating for a probe of the Bidens. As Trump’s personal attorney, there’s an implication — not explicitly stated — that Giuliani is freelancing on Trump’s behalf. Giuliani, though, claims that he was acting on behalf of the administration itself. On Thursday, he tweeted an image of a text-message exchange with Special Representative for Ukraine Negotiations Kurt Volker, a State Department employee. In that exchange, Volker appears to be introducing Giuliani to Zelensky adviser Andriy Yermak. Giuliani and Yermak met in Madrid in early August, a meeting that the whistleblower claims was “direct follow-up” to the Trump-Zelensky call. During the call, Zelensky told Trump that he’d welcome Giuliani to Ukraine.

“The whistleblower falsely alleges that I was operating on my own,” Giuliani said on Fox News’s “Ingraham Angle” Thursday night. “Well, I wasn’t operating on my own. I went to meet Mr. Zelensky’s aide at the request of the State Department. Fifteen memos make that clear. I didn’t know Mr. Yermak. … Volker said, ‘Would you meet with him? It’d be helpful to us. We really want you to do it.’”