the new warfare...

moralist

Considering that only members of the North Korean ruling elite (the Kims and their retainers) are allowed access to the internet, the response is not really proportional.

But it does have the look of war.

Robert Campbell

Civilization never defeated barbarism "proportionally." Good never defeated Evil "proportionally." This dreadful word indicates an upcoming tit-for-tat-, Israeli/Arabic-style appeasement. It means no victory in this war against North Korea will be forthcoming. The life of man qua man demands triumph.

Civilization never defeated barbarism "proportionally." Good never defeated Evil "proportionally." This dreadful word indicates an upcoming tit-for-tat-, Israeli/Arabic-style appeasement. It means no victory in this war against North Korea will be forthcoming. The life of man qua man demands triumph.

You are so right, Kyrel.

Either get medieval on their ass or don't even bother fighting at all. Anything else in between is as sure a loser as not fighting. It is impossible to win a weak limp-wristed feminized liberal politically correct "war".

The virtual cyberworld is definitely the new battlefield.

Greg

I think we had better serious consider speeding up the development of quantum computers in this country. The are inherently difficult or impossible to hack.

Also our power, water and gas delivery systems had better have a reliable manual fallback mode just in case.

As to N. Korea, I think we should stop up their toilets.

Understanding that it is only a matter of time before personal computers become potential collateral damage, I store nothing in my computer, and only use it for news, information, YouTube, forums, emails, and gaming. I can format the hard drive, re install the complete version of Windows from the DVD disk and start all over without losing one byte of information. This is my response to cyber warfare. To live as if I don't have a computer.

Greg

I think we had better serious consider speeding up the development of quantum computers in this country. The are inherently difficult or impossible to hack.

Also our power, water and gas delivery systems had better have a reliable manual fallback mode just in case.

They have toilets?

--Brant

what else don't I know?

They have toilets?

--Brant

what else don't I know?

Fat Kim and his lackeys do.

Understanding that it is only a matter of time before personal computers become potential collateral damage, I store nothing in my computer, and only use it for news, information, YouTube, forums, emails, and gaming. I can format the hard drive, re install the complete version of Windows from the DVD disk and start all over without losing one byte of information. This is my response to cyber warfare. To live as if I don't have a computer.

Greg

The main hazard is having your computer bugged in such a way that it sends out lots of e-mail to other computers carrying viruses or becomes an output source to effect a denial of service on another computer. So not only do I not store vital data on my computer, but I turn it off, power down when I am not using it and I even pull the ether net cable from my modem when I am away.

I was going to say, except for the Kims and the top military brass, we'd have to find a way to disable their outhouses.

Remember, this is a country that is nearly all dark on a clear night as seen from orbit.

Robert Campbell

North Korea threatens a new 9/11 and America retaliates with a nine-hour outage of their microscopic internet/intranet? Pathetic. Even 3 or 4 cruise missiles sent to their nuclear weapons facilities would be a radical improvement. The raw evil of the term, standard, and ideal of "proportionality" stands revealed.

Israel has been "proportional" to the Arabs for over half a century now. The noble Jews never once tried for a true victory. And you know what? They never got one. All their appeasement of evil and tyranny, and all their niceness to their enemies, has been entirely counterproductive. A single clear victory over the Arabs would have changed things radically for the better, for both sides.

Take their money, natural resources, and land! Kill all their leaders! How hard is this for Western Civilization (sic) to understand or do?

Ours is a world of stunning philosophical and political ignorance. A true irrational illiberal Dark Age.

North Korea threatens a new 9/11 and America retaliates with a nine-hour outage of their microscopic internet/intranet? Pathetic. Even 3 or 4 cruise missiles sent to their nuclear weapons facilities would be a radical improvement. The raw evil of the term, standard, and ideal of "proportionality" stands revealed.

Israel has been "proportional" to the Arabs for over half a century now. The noble Jews never once tried for a true victory. And you know what? They never got one. All their appeasement of evil and tyranny, and all their niceness to their enemies, has been entirely counterproductive. A single clear victory over the Arabs would have changed things radically for the better, for both sides.

Take their money, natural resources, and land! Kill all their leaders! How hard is this for Western Civilization (sic) to understand or do?

Ours is a world of stunning philosophical and political ignorance. A true irrational illiberal Dark Age.

The Chinese neighbors of North Korea might object.

You bide your time and figure things out. What's this reactively going to war? For instance, did North Korea do this? Russia? Both together? What could have been the motivation? To gauge the technical quality of the retaliation? To prepare a bigger attack? Against who, what?

The big worry about NK is not its jejune nuclear capability--so far--or its cyber war capabilities, but that it could rain thousands of short-range missiles armed with conventional warheads down on the South Korean capital in a continuous barrage.

--Brant

New warfare? Okay. Just don't forget the old warfare.

--Brant

America forgot the old warfare after Korea.

Feminized liberal politically correct "warfare" is responsible for the string of defeats since then.

Greg