It's earlier than we think

Brant I get 1.5 and 2x. (Visible taxes around 40%)

60% equities /10%preferred shares/30%bonds

Greg hell no I'm private sector but work with radio isotopes so highly regulated, the licences and storage of said isotopes is very cost prohibitive..

I'd personally have 10% cash to pick up bargains in market contractions and no sell orders with a broker.

I think you would greatly enjoy James Altucher's lastest book--not an investment book qua our little discussion--"Choose Yourself."

--Brant

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg hell no I'm private sector but work with radio isotopes so highly regulated, the licences and storage of said isotopes is very cost prohibitive..

Good to hear, Jules... as that mitigates some of the damage. And I see that pretty much nixes your own business. We recently got a geiger counter and have been having fun taking background readings (fukushima) at the beach and checking our canned tuna. :wink:

Greg

If one were to have a penchant for avoiding seafood, id say crab,shrimp and shell fish. They are bottom feeders and well gravity doing what it does and radioactive stuff being heavy...

Has anyone does a scientific study to show that "bottom feeders" make Geiger counters click more than non-bottom feeders?

Ba'al Chatzaf

If one were to have a penchant for avoiding seafood, id say crab,shrimp and shell fish. They are bottom feeders and well gravity doing what it does and radioactive stuff being heavy...

Has anyone does a scientific study to show that "bottom feeders" make Geiger counters click more than non-bottom feeders?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al Chatzaf

Excellent Jules!

It makes sense. Wonder if there is one out there that the government is hiding?

Might make an interesting FOIL demand to the Feds...

Thks...

A...

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al Chatzaf

Excellent Jules!

It makes sense. Wonder if there is one out there that the government is hiding?

Might make an interesting FOIL demand to the Feds...

Thks...

A...

When it makes sense... you don't need a government study. :smile:

Greg

I read an article in Discovery magazine about a Micobiologist. He has a plan using fungi that are symbiotic with native trees to decontaminate the soil around Fukushima. Basically the types if mushrooms he has in mind have an affinity for Cesium137 and other heavy metals and actively leach them out of the soil. The massive root network they create is the key. The mushrooms themselves are just the "fruit" which could be picked regularly and carted off to radioactive waste treatment facilities. This would be a far better alternative than excavating thousands of tons of topsoil that would be forever destroyed. His way may actually be able to restore the silo to pre reactor disaster levels.

http://discovermagazine.com/2013/julyaug/13-mushrooms-clean-up-oil-spills-nuclear-meltdowns-and-human-health

http://www.permaculture.co.uk/articles/how-mushrooms-can-clean-radioactive-contamination-8-step-plan