Rape by an Objectivist

fotocat

4 hours ago, Mark said:

Quite a while ago "Anonymous" decided to put his name to the statement and the webpage was updated.

I put up that website.  I kept it separate from ARI Watch so as not to be accused of libel.  Even though reporting what is true is not libelous that doesn't protect one from being accused of libel.

In Great Britain I understand that libel can also be truth.

--Brant

11 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

In Great Britain I understand that libel can also be truth.

--Brant

This thread as given me a shock. I met Ridpath maybe twice but don't t retain any impression of him at all. The shock is that I find  gun toting biker LeTourtette was a Student of his, and possibly I might have met him , yet that is hardly credible he must be much younger than me. But he went up to York U. Which explains a bit to me. It is a wonderful institution that has not always got the respect it deserves. It was sometimes called Chip-on-Shoulders U by varsity rivals back in the stoned ages.

Brant Gaede,

According to the Wikipedia entry “English defamation law” truth is an “allowable defense” against libel. 

CarolJane,

Official Objectivism is a psychological freak show.  Were you active on OL when I unveiled
Who is Richard Minns?

And then there’s Carl Barney.  I’ve written several articles about his case, for example
Barney’s Big Lie.

ADDED:  What is LeTourtette noted for? 

47 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Carol,

That was the mild part.

:) 

The fun part was that nasty bug up his ass. It was killing him and he lashed out constantly about it.

Michael

Amen, brother.