Cultural Marketplace

In your view that certainly holds true. So the government, the President, nature, and anyone or anything else except you are all to blame for how your life has turned out. You are just a weak helpless powerless innocent victim of circumstance.

Greg

We are all potentially victims of circumstance. If an asteroid the size of Mt. Everest hits the Earth we are all going to die because of it. We have no say in the matter.

Ba'al Chatzaf

In your view that certainly holds true. So the government, the President, nature, and anyone or anything else except you are all to blame for how your life has turned out. You are just a weak helpless powerless innocent victim of circumstance.

Greg

We are all potentially victims of circumstance.

Well, Bob... you entirely deserve to be a victim of your own belief that you are a victim... and so you are.

... and so ends this discussion. :wink:

Greg

Greg

We are all potentially victims of circumstance.

Well, Bob... you entirely deserve to be a victim of your own belief that you are a victim... and so you are.

... and so ends this discussion. :wink:

Greg

You really do not get it. There are things that can happen to us that we simply cannot prevent. Fortunately they are rare. I do not expect to be alive when an asteroid the size of Mt. Everest next hits the planet. But for those of us who are alive when such an event occurs, most of them will die from it. Being alive is inherently dangerous. It is not a question of if, but a question of when.

More likely, when Mt. Vesuvius next erupts (and it will) there will be people in Naples who will not be evacuated (right now Napes and environs have a population in the millions). They will die, and die trying to escape. That is the way it goes.

Those things I cannot prevent, such as my own death, I will not sweat. Death is inevitable. I will only worry about those things over which I have some control.

Ba'al Chatzaf