MORE govt drone spying news Orwell never thought of!

Jerry Biggers

And now to make you feel so ever more secure that so many people want to watch and "protect" you...

http://news.msn.com/science-technology/3-frightening-futuristic-pieces-of-drone-news

Good news! I mean, it is always problematic when the government acquires more capability; but imagine yesterday's unfortunate incident with the woman and a baby in an Infiniti. A squad of Welsh longbow would have ineffective. But "drones" are nothing new. They only seem new because of their use by the CIA and others to kill people. In fact, radio controlled aircraft, programmable aircraft, and robot aircraft - vehicles of all kinds, really - are the stuff of hobbies. As I said on my blog, "Drones are Everywhere."

It is a principle of human action that the government seldom (if ever) innovates. When they want something, they put out bids. DARPA wanted a robot vehicle, so they offered a prize.

What you want is a drone killer. I mean, you could shoot one with a rifle, but that is dangerous and difficult. What you want is some kind of broad front beam that disrupts the chips. It could be a microwave heater; or it could be a radio beacon transmitting disrupter code in binary. Or an anti-drone drone to seek and destroy (or capture in its bird-like talons).