Striking Against Obama Policies - Truckers, On Oct. 11 - 13

Darrell Cody

Striking Against Obama Policies - Truckers, On Oct. 11 - 13

The Huffington Post published the article below, and related links are below, as well as an email address, and the Facebook page, to visit and/or Like it:

Ride For The Constitution 'About' Message: The American people are sick and tired of the corruption that is destroying America! We therefore declare a GENERAL STRIKE on the weekend of October 11-13, 2013! Truck drivers will not haul freight! Americans can strike in solidarity with truck drivers!

media@ridefortheconstitution.org

Oct 11 eh? I will see how many trucks are out there. Strange that they picked a weekend to "strike". Trucks are busiest on the business days.

In any case I will be looking. I live in the truck capital of universe. Middlesex County New Jersey has two things in plenty: old geezers and warehouses with all the trucks coming and going. We shall see.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Truckers Plan to 'Arrest' Congressmen, Clog D.C. Beltway Friday...

Earl Conlon, a Georgia trucker who is handling logistics for the protest, told U.S. News tractor-trailer drivers will circle the beltway "three lanes deep" as he rides with other participants to Congress to seek the arrest of congressmen for allegedly disregarding the Constitution.

[EARLIER: Truckers Say Their D.C. Shutdown Is Full-Speed Ahead]

The truckers circling I-495 will keep the left lane open for emergency vehicles, Conlon said, but "everybody that doesn't have a supporter sticker on their window, good luck: Nobody in, nobody out." The trucks will be going the 55 mile-per-hour speed limit.

D.C. commuters who wish to be allowed past the convoy must have "T2SDA" – an acronym for the event's original name, "Truckers to Shut Down America" – written on their vehicle, he said.

"It's going to be real fun for anyone who is not a supporter," Conlon said, "[and] if cops decide to give us a hard time, we're going to lock the brakes up, we're going to stop right there, we're going to be a three lane roadblock."

Earl Conlon, a Georgia trucker who is handling logistics for the protest, told U.S. News tractor-trailer drivers will circle the beltway "three lanes deep" as he rides with other participants to Congress to seek the arrest of congressmen for allegedly disregarding the Constitution.

[EARLIER: Truckers Say Their D.C. Shutdown Is Full-Speed Ahead]

The truckers circling I-495 will keep the left lane open for emergency vehicles, Conlon said, but "everybody that doesn't have a supporter sticker on their window, good luck: Nobody in, nobody out." The trucks will be going the 55 mile-per-hour speed limit.

D.C. commuters who wish to be allowed past the convoy must have "T2SDA" – an acronym for the event's original name, "Truckers to Shut Down America" – written on their vehicle, he said.

"It's going to be real fun for anyone who is not a supporter," Conlon said, "[and] if cops decide to give us a hard time, we're going to lock the brakes up, we're going to stop right there, we're going to be a three lane roadblock."

Blocking the roads this way is illegal. Conspiring to block the roads this way is also illegal. It is one thing not to run one's rig. It is another thing to block a rig or an auto. That is extortionate and criminal.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Blocking the roads this way is illegal. Conspiring to block the roads this way is also illegal. It is one thing not to run one's rig. It is another thing to block a rig or an auto. That is extortionate and criminal.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Spoken like a true Tory!

Unlike the criminal conspiracy that Congress is currently...

Ba'al Chatzaf

Spoken like a true Tory!

Unlike the criminal conspiracy that Congress is currently...

Does one wrong justify another?

What is your opinion, learned counselor.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al Chatzaf

A soft, or, hard tyranny has to be fought with all weapons, which, I believe you have advocated at the top of your lungs when you spoke about slaughtering your enemies...

Ba'al Chatzaf

A soft, or, hard tyranny has to be fought with all weapons, which, I believe you have advocated at the top of your lungs when you spoke about slaughtering your enemies...

Fine. If we have to go to war then it is blood for blood. But is there not an alternative to war or blocking

the roads (which could cause an accident with possible loss of life or injuries). As a lawyer, what is your opinion on that.

I don't think we have yet reached the blood stage and I hope we don't. If you look at the history of bloody revolutions, on balance they cause more harm than good.

Fine. If we have to go to war then it is blood for blood. But is there not an alternative to war or blocking

the roads (which could cause an accident with possible loss of life or injuries). As a lawyer, what is your opinion on that.

I don't think we have yet reached the blood stage and I hope we don't. If you look at the history of bloody revolutions, on balance they cause more harm than good.

Bob:

First, I am not an attorney, I have studied the law since I was about twelve (12).

Secondly, and you know I respect you, however, I think we are way past being subservient serfs.

This government is completely out of control and those of us who remember the freedoms that we had in the '50's and early 60's have watched them incrementally stripped, culminating with this soft tyranny.

It is not even the three branches of government that terrify me as much as the vast administrative state that is unelected and massive.

78,000 new administrative rules and regulations, many of which now carry criminal penalties.

Time has run out.

A....

Bob:

First, I am not an attorney, I have studied the law since I was about twelve (12).

Secondly, and you know I respect you, however, I think we are way past being subservient serfs.

This government is completely out of control and those of us who remember the freedoms that we had in the '50's and early 60's have watched them incrementally stripped, culminating with this soft tyranny.

It is not even the three branches of government that terrify me as much as the vast administrative state that is unelected and massive.

78,000 new administrative rules and regulations, many of which now carry criminal penalties.

Time has run out.

A....

You think the time for violent action has arrived? If so, please be aware the the people you are fighting have planes, tanks, UAVs and heavy artillery. What do we patriots have at hand. Semi-automatic rifles maybe, perhaps some full auto. And the occasional IED. The good guys are outmatched in conventional arms. If it is war, it will have to be asymmetric war.

Ba'al Chatzaf

You think the time for violent action has arrived? If so, please be aware the the people you are fighting have planes, tanks, UAVs and heavy artillery. What do we patriots have at hand. Semi-automatic rifles maybe, perhaps some full auto. And the occasional IED. The good guys are outmatched in conventional arms. If it is war, it will have to be asymmetric war.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob:

I understand the dynamics and disparaties between the militaty might and the citizen.

This act of civil disobedience by the truckers is not violent anymore that Martin Luthor King's non-violent sit-ins.

It just has a rig and a horn on it.

I think it is brilliant.

A...

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob:

I understand the dynamics and disparaties between the militaty might and the citizen.

This act of civil disobedience by the truckers is not violent anymore that Martin Luthor King's non-violent sit-ins.

I think it is brilliant.

A...

Blocking traffic and disobeying traffic laws are misdemeanors. Reckless endangerment in some circumstance is criminal negligence and can be actionable as a felony. For example speeding in such a way to endanger other persons can be handled as a felony of the same magnitude as assault.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob:

I think it is brilliant.

A...

Blocking traffic and disobeying traffic laws are misdemeanors. Reckless endangerment in some circumstance is criminal negligence and can be actionable as a felony. For example speeding in such a way to endanger other persons can be handled as a felony of the same magnitude as assault.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob:

I listened to an interview from the "official" leader of this protest and he stated that there will be no "obstruction" of all the lanes. They will be single file in the right hand lanes.

So, that one person who got some "face time" does not speak for the organized protest.

A...

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob:

I think it is brilliant.

A...

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob:

I listened to an interview from the "official" leader of this protest and he stated that there will be no "obstruction" of all the lanes. They will be single file in the right hand lanes.

So, that one person who got some "face time" does not speak for the organized protest.

A...

We shall see how it goes. If it goes at all.

Ba'al Chatzaf

If the trucks which deliver gas to your gas station strike you might wish you had gassed up just before the strike. I intend to fill my five gallon jug I use for gas for my lawn mower for the summer just in case the strike goes on longer. Some of us need to get to work each day.

Thhis is how easily the system can shut down communications...break out the CB's boys!!!!

"Truckers For The Constitution†plan to slow down the Washington, D.C. beltway on October 11th. The truckers sponsoring the three day rally are demanding the police detain politicians who are an "accessory" to "treason," and that includes Barack Obama. Now their twitter account has been suspended.

Shutting down conservative accounts is nothing new for Twitter. The folks at Twitter want you to have your say ... unless, of course, they disagree with or don't like what you have to say ... which is nothing unusual for liberals online in general - they are far less tolerant than normal people.

As for what the "Truckers For The Constitution" have in mind ... the slowdown seems reasonable enough ...but as for the demand that the police detain those 'treasonous' politicions - in my mind that's a bit extreme and as likely to happen as Obama is to suddenly acquire leadership skills and realize that as president he's suppose to be representing the entire country, not just the far left.

(H/t - Rachel Pulaski for the screenshot.)