For the geezers here

One of my minor annoyances at work is the 50+ crowd who assumes that if you're under 30 you obviously haven't seen any of the movies or television shows with which they grew up. They're always surprised to learn I grew up watching Gilligan's Island, I Dream of Jeannie, I Love Lucy, Bewitched, The Twilight Zone, Hogan's Heroes, F Troop, and all the same shows they did.

What the hell do they think I spent my nights watching all those years after Nickelodeon stopped running cartoons at 8pm?

I think all of us men, no matter what generation, are bound in a brotherhood of adolescent Jeannie fapping.

New word to me...

Fapping:

1. To jack off or masturbate.

2. The art of making love to yourself ..

5840187345_fdeece1508_o.gif

Jeannie was great, but Samantha (Bewitched) was probably the better Objectivist. Certainly the smarter of the two.

:laugh:

I think one's preference for Samantha or Jeannie reveals a lot about a man, much as I've noticed among folks who prefer Monroe vs. a young Madonna.

Personally, I favor the sex-slave type in my heart of hearts, TBH.

• 10 years later...
On 6/1/2013 at 7:51 PM, Serapis Bey said:

I think one's preference for Samantha or Jeannie reveals a lot about a man,

I was watching a rerun of "I Dream of Jeannie" and I noticed the theme song uses a trombone. Are there any theme song that use a trombone? I can't think of any. 

Peter,

I started to look around... I don't recall trombone standing out in any theme song.

But if you want to take a trip down memory lane, this will do it.

I'm over halfway through and the only one I missed so far is Dr. Who, because I never watched that show. I don't know... I just avoided it for some reason. Still do. Why? Damned if I know.

But God, did I watch a lot of TV in my youth.

:)

btw - Lost in Space is all French horns. Dark Shadows is a musical saw. :) 

Lost of trombone in Gomer Pyle. :) 

Michael