How To Avoid Talking To People You Don't Want To Talk To

jts

This actually illustrates a number of important principles:

1) folks like this vacuous individual go to dance clubs and is the primary reason you should not;

2) dark roots and dye are a key red flag that a person who is this "surfacy" has the self esteem of your average plant; and

3) if this individual had an original thought, it would die of loneliness...;

1) folks like this vacuous individual go to dance clubs and is the primary reason you should not;

2) dark roots and dye are a key red flag that a person who is this "surfacy" has the self esteem of your average plant; and

I am extremely poor at psychology and therefore I have some very ignorant questions:

1. How did you reach the conclusion that she is vacuous?

2. How do you connect cosmetics and surfacy and low self esteem?

3. How did you reach the conclusion that she is lacking in original thought? (And why is original thought important for all people to have?)

I am extremely poor at psychology and therefore I have some very ignorant questions:

1. How did you reach the conclusion that she is vacuous?

2. How do you connect cosmetics and surfacy and low self esteem?

3. How did you reach the conclusion that she is lacking in original thought? (And why is original thought important for all people to have?)

i will address #3 only. Mugging as a response is not an original thought. Making faces instead of speaking occurs to most kindergarteners, some of whom grow to be the class clowns, others who grow to be kindergarten teachers.It occurred to Mr Benjamatic as he has reported on OL, but even he does not claim it is original.

Original thought is not important for all people, obviously. But it is valued on this forum, moreso than the reposting of other people's videos.

jts, when did you decide it was too much work to think for yourself, and let Alex Jones, stefan molyneux & co. take over the job?

I seldom listen to Stefan's videos. Alex Jones is not a thinker but a news reporter. You forgot many more who could be added to the list.

On NCIS, special agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon) has a 1000-yard stare. He often does not reply when you would expect the writers to give him the crushing rejoinder. They (and he) succeed with silence. Long ago, I gave a talk to a computer programmers' dinner club on job search techniques. Also speaking was a programmer who had tripled his income in two years -- and what I learned from him has paid off well, though not tripling my income as a technical writer. At one point, he and I and our host chairman all agreed that you never have to reply to any question. It is uncomfortable, but you have to bear with it if you intend to have the outcome you seek.

See here on OL the videos about not talking to the police. You cannot win that argument. You cannot talk your way out. Say nothing. Courts - not traffic stops or police stations - are for testimony.

In business this usually comes up at salary negotiations. You must be aware of the context. As a contractor, I often give my hourly rate up front -- not always. "I prefer to discuss it later." And then silence.... painful silence...

Many times in college classrooms, I experienced the same thing. Students know that they do not have to answer. It's like "Ferris Buehler's Day Off." The professor asks a question and if no one answers, the prof keeps going. I did have one old gal - retired cop; retired attorney - who never caved. She would stand there until someone else spoke next. Brass.

• 2 weeks later...

Hahahahaha!