Walk right the hell out that door right now.

jts

Dr. Robert Gross came from a background as an army doctor. He was rough and tough and accustomed to giving orders. He wasn't very strong on tact and diplomacy and he used cuss language. He had zero tolerance for patients who refused to do their part in recovering their own health.

He had 2 women patients who thought they were in his institution to have a good time. He told them: "When I make the rounds at 9 PM and you are not in bed resting, you're out of here."

A man refused to quit smoking. Dr. Gross said: "Walk right the hell out that door right now."

But for patients who were sincere about getting well, he was the best friend you could have. He would do everything in his power to help you get well.

I think it is rational for a doctor to have zero tolerance for patients who refuse to do their part in recovering their own health. I even go so far as to say that any toleration of insincere patients is irrational. Why should he spend his time and energy on patients who are not sincere about their own health when people who are sincere about their health are lined up for his services?

Dr. Robert Gross would have been the perfect doctor for Ayn Rand. Ayn Rand said: "Give me one good reason why I should quit smoking, and don't talk about statistics." Dr. Robert Gross would have said: "Walk right the hell out that door right now."

These stories were told by Dr. Robert Gross himself in a lecture.

For more information about Dr. Robert Gross and other topics, here is a free html book.

http://www.escapeall....com/FastingUC/