Substituting Vitamins and Supplements for Pharmaceuticals in Type 2 Diabetes

jts

This is obscene. They wanna go back thousands of years to the time of Hippocrates who used food instead of medicine. That is thousands of years out of date. The modern scientific way is to use poisons instead of nutrients.

I'm not making this up. They wanna use nutrients instead of poisons.

http://www.whale.to/a/substituting.html

I will read you the first paragraph.

The current treatment of diabetes is among the least successful in medicine, despite billions of dollars spent on research. Many scientists make a career of studying diabetes. Medicine has succeeded in making diabetes very expensive for the patient while making the disease a cash cow for the numerous businesses that cater to the diabetic. We should expect to see some improvement in diabetic treatment, but in fact the basic protocols haven't changed much in twenty years. Is research getting close to a solution? In my opinion as a practicing pharmacist, the answer is no.

Let's go thru that slowly.

"The current treatment of diabetes is among the least successful in medicine, despite billions of dollars spent on research."

The 2nd part of that sentence contradicts the 1st part. If they are making billions of dollars, that is success.

"Many scientists make a career of studying diabetes. Medicine has succeeded in making diabetes very expensive for the patient while making the disease a cash cow for the numerous businesses that cater to the diabetic."

It's a very successful business.

"We should expect to see some improvement in diabetic treatment, but in fact the basic protocols haven't changed much in twenty years."

They don't need improvement in the diabetes industry.

"Is research getting close to a solution? In my opinion as a practicing pharmacist, the answer is no."

He is a moron. He wants to put himself out of business.

Type 2 diabetes can be controller by diet.

I heard worse than that, not merely controlled but reversed. But the doctors whose diabetic patients get well are quacks.

A quack is any doctor whose doctoring is not based on science. In order to qualify as science, a health idea must pass peer review in a journal that gets most of its revenue by advertising poisons. There is no way they would publish an article that bashes the poisons they advertise. Besides that, the study must be funded somehow. Whoever funds the study wants a return on their investment, meaning to peddle their product. The peer review process is self-correcting; if it does not support the bottom line, the data must be fudged until it does. Any health idea that does not go thru this process is not science and should be rejected.

Some people make a distinction between real science with the goal being truth and corporate science with the goal being to market a product. This is a phony distinction. In Objectivism we learn that there is no difference between the moral and the practical.

If I came down with adult onset diabetes I'd do all I could to avoid insulin shots to control my blood sugar on the premise that those shots will cause my pancreas to shut down completely making me permanently dependent on those shots. Nevertheless, I had at least one ancestor who died of diabetic complications some years before there was any insulin. She was treated with amputations. You have to make your best choices and not depend on the authority of your doctor which is not the same as not depending on your doctor for X and Y and Z, whatever those might be.

--Brant