Fight Between a Bear and a Tiger

jts

I watched a Frank Buck, “Bring um back alive,” movie where there was a real fight between a tiger and a lion, to the death. The tiger won. It was gruesome. So to see if that was a fluke he did another tiger, lion fight and the different tiger won again. Awful. Once he staged a lion, boa constrictor fight and the boa won. I almost threw up as a child, but like at an accident, I could not stop watching. There was an SPCA back then but no PETA.

Recently, on Discovery I saw two un-staged battles to the death between the same jaguar and a boa constrictor first and then a crocodile later - and the jaguar ate both reptiles. The filmmaker’s had a camera set up at a water hole so nothing was planned.

Peter

This is a great story...a hiker...a Momma bear and a Mountain Lion...[and no, it does not involve walking into a bar!]:

A 69-year-old hiker claims he is lucky to be alive after he was attacked by a mountain lion – but saved by a bear he had previously befriended.

Robert Biggs stumbled across a mother bear and her cub when he was roaming the woods of north-central California on Monday.

After watching the family for some time, he decided to continue his trek, which is when a lion unexpectedly pounced on him from behind.

article-2121940-12616495000005DC-543_468x286.jpg

Violent: Robert Biggs claims to have been attacked by a mountain lion but rescued by a friendly bear

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1qYIznVaA

This is a great story...a hiker...a Momma bear and a Mountain Lion...[and no, it does not involve walking into a bar!]:

A 69-year-old hiker claims he is lucky to be alive after he was attacked by a mountain lion – but saved by a bear he had previously befriended.

Robert Biggs stumbled across a mother bear and her cub when he was roaming the woods of north-central California on Monday.

After watching the family for some time, he decided to continue his trek, which is when a lion unexpectedly pounced on him from behind.

Violent: Robert Biggs claims to have been attacked by a mountain lion but rescued by a friendly bear

98% probability: complete fabrication.

Ninth wrote:

What I want to know is who would win in a deathmatch between the tin man and the scarecrow.

end quote

A cage match? Using the Mixed Martial Arts formula I would say it would be a standoff with each having a choke hold on the other. The tin man would be hoping for an eventual wild fire, and the Scarecrow would be hoping for rain.

George referenced a video of a fight and opined:

This is my kind of fight -- the sort of thing you expect to see only in the movies....

end quote

That was mind over matter. The older white guy strategically moved when the black guy told him to, then goaded the black guy. The younger guy swung first. The older guy legally beat him up. Those punches were short, accurate jabs, with a couple round houses each of them practiced in bar fights since about 1967 if my guess is correct. The young guy is lucky he was not the Viet Cong.

And the woman who videotaped it, stole the old, white guys wallet!

Peter Taylor

98% probability: complete fabrication.

Good call Mikee, looks like you are correct...

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) - Sixty-nine-year-old Bob Biggs’ claims of a lion attack made national news. It was an astonishing attack, followed by an amazing rescue: by a bear.

“It was defending its cub, I think, and trying to save me,” said Biggs.

However, it seems Biggs failed to convince the Fish and Game Commission that a bear would rip a lion off his back.

“The evidence right now says inconclusive, but he lives in mountain lion country,” said Andrew Hughan, a spokesperson for the agency.

Biggs’ backpack has been taken to be tested for animal DNA, even though Fish and Game says they found just one tear on the bag.

The odds of a mountain lion attack are very low, but still possible. So what does Fish and Games have to say about the rescue?

“There’s never been a case we can document that one animal attacked another to save a person,” said Hughan.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/03/30/mans-claim-of-bear-rescue-could-be-hoax/