Rick Santorum is unbelievably stupid

The latest I read on Rick Santorum is that he is against pre-natal testing because they might lead mothers to abort their fetuses. Never mind that such testing might save the lives or health of the woman.

I am speechless. Can anything that stupid be qualified for the office of President?

If the election comes down to Santorum vs The Lion King I am sitting out the election

Ba'al Chatzaf

The latest I read on Rick Santorum is that he is against pre-natal testing because they might lead mothers to abort their fetuses. Never mind that such testing might save the lives or health of the woman.

Bob:

You have a source on that one?

Adam

Bob:

Adam

Monday Star-Leger (Feb 20)

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob:

Adam

Monday Star-Leger (Feb 20)

Ba'al Chatzaf

From the article in the Star Ledger:

"This is typical," Santorum said. "This is what goes on in medical rooms around the country."
He said he's critical of the mandate in Obama's health care plan that insurers must pay for the tests, not of prenatal testing in general.
"There are all sorts of prenatal testing which should be provided free. I have no problem with that if the insurance companies want to. I'm not for any of these things to be forced," Santorum said.

Here is the link to the entire article.

http://www.nj.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/santorum-questions-obamas-world-view-not-faith/cada6dbaa20a49fc8688121f4f507d3d

It is good to find a place where comments about the stupidity of the leading candidates to become the nominee of the Republican Party for president. I used to think of the Democrat Party as "the stupid party." But this years crop of contenders has challenged that assumption. Here is a comment I found on the Gonzalo Lira site. It is by Robert Reich:

"bob-reich_normal.jpg

Robert Reich

The real difference: Romney says incredibly stupid things, while Santorum has been consistently and authentically stupid.

10:03 PM Feb 18th "

It is good to find a place where comments about the stupidity of the leading candidates to become the nominee of the Republican Party for president. I used to think of the Democrat Party as "the stupid party." But this years crop of contenders has challenged that assumption. Here is a comment I found on the Gonzalo Lira site. It is by Robert Reich:

"bob-reich_normal.jpg

05]

RBReich Robert Reich

The real difference: Romney says incredibly stupid things, while Santorum has been consistently and authentically stupid.

10:03 PM Feb 18th "

Gulch:

So this is the grasping for straws and any port in a storm section of the campaign wherein you will call up the quotes of one of the most malignant marxist midgets of the Clinton Administration to support your candidate's attack machine.

This is the same candidate that has a cosy, comfortable and friendly relationship with Romney and his money men.

Got it.

Fascinating.

Adam

Ba'al Chatzaf wrote:

The latest I read on Rick Santorum is that he is against pre-natal testing . . . I am speechless. Can anything that stupid be qualified for the office of President? If the election comes down to Santorum vs The Lion King I am sitting out the election.

end quote

Stupid or just not right in the head, Ba’al?

Rick has a doctorate of law degree Bachelor's in political science, and his bio shows Pennsylvania State University, State College, Pa., 1980; Master's of business administration (MBA), University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa., 1981; Doctorate of law (JD), Penn State University Dickinson School of Law, State College, Pa., 1986.

Mitt has a Bachelor's in English, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, 1971; Master's of business administration (MBA), Harvard Business School, Cambridge, Mass., 1975; Doctorate of law (JD), Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Mass., 1975.

Perry was a vet Bachelor's in animal science, Texas A&M, College Station, Texas, 1972.

Paul is an Ob-gyn. Bachelor's in biology, Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, Pa., 1957; Doctorate of medicine (MD), Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, N.C., 1961, specializing in obstetrics and gynecology, Paul has delivered more than 4,000 babies, according to his official website.

Newt has a Bachelor's in history, Emory University, Atlanta, Ga., 1965; Master's in European history, Tulane University, New Orleans, La., 1968; Doctorate of European history, Tulane, 1971, and Gingrich is the longest-serving teacher of the Joint War Fighting course for Major Generals at Air University in Montgomery, Ala., according to his official website.

Obama has a Bachelor's degree in political science, Columbia University, New York, N.Y., 1983; Doctorate of law (JD), Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Mass., 1991.

I get your African illusion, “Lion King” but it is too generous as is Adam’s nickname O’biwan, because Obi-Wan Kenobi was a heroic figure in the Star Wars movies and O’biwan is no hero, unless you consider him a hero in the mode of a Che Guevara, Manchurian Candidate.

To NOT test prenatally is evil. I understand the reluctance to give out the sex of the unborn in countries that prize only males, but that is not as relevant as the good that can come from knowing your infant has a medical condition or is encephalic, or has Downs Syndrome. What a horrible sentence for a woman if she cannot know. That is another reason Rick Santorum is LESS elect-able, unless he shuts his mouth, and modifies his philosphy of government to mirror the Constitution. The women will have his balls, but not his vote.

Peter Taylor

To NOT test prenatally is evil. I understand the reluctance to give out the sex of the unborn in countries that prize only males, but that is not as relevant as the good that can come from knowing your infant has a medical condition or is encephalic, or has Downs Syndrome. What a horrible sentence for a woman if she cannot know. That is another reason Rick Santorum is LESS elect-able, unless he shuts his mouth, and modifies his philosphy of government to mirror the Constitution. The women will have his balls, but not his vote.

Peter Taylor

Mr. Taylor:

It would also have been correct if his actual statement was provided which clearly states that he is perfectly OK with pre-natal screening being provided for free, but not as a mandate through The "Affordable" Care Act which we have discovered has made "health care" unaffordable. [see below*]

The dirty little secret about our "health care" system is that it is not a "health care" system.

It is a disease and sickness treatment system.

A stunning statistic is that approximately five percent (5%) of the individuals in the pool of people using the health system eat up almost sixty percent (60%) of the costs of the care.

A doctor in southern New Jersey noticed this insanity and acted on it by assigning a health care worker to those cases and reduced the hospitals costs by almost fifty percent (50%).

Therefore, we do not have a "health care crisis," we have a disease treatment crisis which is absolutely solvable/solveable (?) by changing the medical treatment model.

*From the article in the Star Ledger:

"This is typical," Santorum said. "This is what goes on in medical rooms around the country."
He said he's critical of the mandate in Obama's health care plan that insurers must pay for the tests, not of prenatal testing in general.
"There are all sorts of prenatal testing which should be provided free. I have no problem with that if the insurance companies want to. I'm not for any of these things to be forced," Santorum said.

Here is the link to the entire article.

http://www.nj.com/ne...688121f4f507d3d

Ba'al Chatzaf wrote:

The latest I read on Rick Santorum is that he is against pre-natal testing . . . I am speechless. Can anything that stupid be qualified for the office of President? If the election comes down to Santorum vs The Lion King I am sitting out the election.

end quote

Rick has a doctorate of law degree Bachelor's in political science, and his bio shows Pennsylvania State University, State College, Pa., 1980; Master's of business administration (MBA), University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa., 1981; Doctorate of law (JD), Penn State University Dickinson School of Law, State College, Pa., 1986.

Mitt has a Bachelor's in English, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, 1971; Master's of business administration (MBA), Harvard Business School, Cambridge, Mass., 1975; Doctorate of law (JD), Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Mass., 1975.

Perry was a vet Bachelor's in animal science, Texas A&M, College Station, Texas, 1972.

Paul is an Ob-gyn. Bachelor's in biology, Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, Pa., 1957; Doctorate of medicine (MD), Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, N.C., 1961, specializing in obstetrics and gynecology, Paul has delivered more than 4,000 babies, according to his official website.

Newt has a Bachelor's in history, Emory University, Atlanta, Ga., 1965; Master's in European history, Tulane University, New Orleans, La., 1968; Doctorate of European history, Tulane, 1971, and Gingrich is the longest-serving teacher of the Joint War Fighting course for Major Generals at Air University in Montgomery, Ala., according to his official website.

Obama has a Bachelor's degree in political science, Columbia University, New York, N.Y., 1983; Doctorate of law (JD), Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Mass., 1991.

I get your African illusion, “Lion King” but it is too generous as is Adam’s nickname O’biwan, because Obi-Wan Kenobi was a heroic figure in the Star Wars movies and O’biwan is no hero, unless you consider him a hero in the mode of a Che Guevara, Manchurian Candidate.

Peter Taylor

Ba'al Chatzaf wrote:

end quote

Peter Taylor

Degrees are a measure of scholastic aptitude, not wisdom or general soundness of thinking. However Santorum started out he has ended up in the Land of the Incredibly Stupid.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Degrees are a measure of scholastic aptitude, not wisdom or general soundness of thinking. However Santorum started out he has ended up in the Land of the Incredibly Stupid.

Ba'al Chatzaf

You still need to quote him properly Bob.

The "bottom line is that a lot of prenatal tests are done to identify deformities in utero and the customary procedure is to encourage abortions,” said Santorum, who also charged that the test results in miscarriages. "I know what I'm talking about here," added the candidate, who has a daughter with the

genetic disorder Trisomy 18

. A 2006 study found no difference in the miscarriage rate among women who had the test, which draws amniotic fluid from the womb to check for abnormalities. Santorum supports other prenatal tests, such as ultrasounds, even though they are also used to detect fetal abnormalities. But he doesn't back

health insurance

coverage for amniocentesis.

Bob:

Your opening post said:

The latest I read on Rick Santorum is that he is against pre-natal testing because they might lead mothers to abort their fetuses.

It was not qualified in any way. I know his positions and all I was doing is qualifying what he actually said, just like you would do if something was not properly stated.

Precisely his position which is in the article.

Santorum supports other prenatal tests, such as ultrasounds, even though they are also used to detect fetal abnormalities. But he doesn't back health insurance coverage for amniocentesis. "People have the right to do it, but to have the government force" employers to "provide it free is a bit loaded," he said.

Adam

Bob:

Your opening post said:

The latest I read on Rick Santorum is that he is against pre-natal testing because they might lead mothers to abort their fetuses.

It was not qualified in any way. I know his positions and all I was doing is qualifying what he actually said, just like you would do if something was not properly stated.

Santorum supports other prenatal tests, such as ultrasounds, even though they are also used to detect fetal abnormalities. But he doesn't back health insurance coverage for amniocentesis. "People have the right to do it, but to have the government force" employers to "provide it free is a bit loaded," he said.

Adam

Bob:

Your opening post said:

Adam

The son of a bitch is still willing to have women face death in child-bearing. He prefers that they face death and not know any adverse conditions. Can you deny that? The man is totally insufferable.

Ba'al Chatzaf

The son of a bitch is still willing to have women face death in child-bearing. He prefers that they face death and not know any adverse conditions. Can you deny that?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob:

Of course not. He specifically is on record as being against abortion. He also states that there is no "Constitutional right to privacy" and there is no Constitutional "right" to privacy. It was "invented" in the a series of cases in the 60's, with penumbras and other such creations.

There is no Constitutional right to an education, it is a specific states Constitutional right.

All I wanted to clarify was that he was not against pre-natal testing which was what was implied by the opening of your post.

If you had argued that he was willing to risk the mother's life in childbirth, I would not have replied.

Adam

I feel bad for the Republicans in a way. If the economy keeps expanding, if consumer confidence continues to rise, if unemployment drifts down by November, the writing is on the wall for the two GOP front-runners. The polls are ugly now, and they will be uglier after one billion dollars of Obama campaigning with the mantle of office upon him. And a popular wife campaigning for him.

Santorum seems like a kooky councillor next to Obama. His smuttiness and concern with stranger's genitalia is repulsive. He just has too many wrong and stupid social fixations that he turns off women.

Romney is too slick and dodgy and a bit too smarmy. At the game of smarm and charm and fake genuineness, in 'connection' with people, Romney just cannot do it next to Obama. Obama at his very best just enunciates timeworn but glorious American buzzwords like freedom, equality, justice. In Romney's mouth these things do not sing.

. Up here in Canada we do not have a simple two-party right/left split. The right and the left cut different ways in different provinces, and at the federal level there are three parties (five with two runt parties, Bloc and Green). And not having primaries, the parties can toss their leaders out whenever they need to or think they need to. In the States the endless elections and non-formalized party Leader position between contested conventions makes for unsteady footing for your leaders.

Republicans carry an extra handicap this election because Obama just has to cover his ass; only the Republicans have to thrash it out. With such a selection as the Robot and the Catholic Nutter, Republicans lose big time in November. The personal negatives on Romney are too high for him to knock out Obama, and Santorum simply cannot get enough women to vote for him to hope for a tie with Obama because of his abortion stand. Santorum will be defeated, as would be Gingrich, who is just too old and sleazy for most voters -- even for those who like his politics.

So, sad for the Republicans if either of those three goes head to head with the Prez, I figger. Too bad for those who do not want a Democrat in the White House till 2016, .

Why can't the convention be a bit deadlocked, and do some real horse-trading and politicking, like the old days? Broker it, states tussle, committees yammer, delegates hammer out a platform and vote up the Winning Team.

undefined

Ron Paul is considered to be the Thomas Jefferson of our time given his dedication to having the government adhere to the limited powers granted to the Congress in Article 1 Section 8 by the Founders. He favors sound money backed by gold, an audit of the Federal Reserve and its ultimate abolition, and an end to the undeclared wars and the vast military empire with 900 bases in 130 countries costing over one trillion dollars a year. The younger generation is aware that they will be burdened with paying off the national debt created by politicians with their unfunded promises. The young are in favor of a Ron Paul presidency.

There was a march on Washington, D.C. yesterday, in which over 500 veterans showed their respect for their fallen comrades who had either died in the wars or commit suicide. As they marched from the Washington Monument to the White House they called our President Ron Paul and legalize the Constitution and End the Fed. They stood in silence for over 20 minutes devoting one second for each military man or woman who died. They defied an order not to march by the military.

Find a link to the videos of the march as the media didn't cover it except for RT at the www.ronpaul2012.com site.

Another moneybomb raised over 2 million dollars for Ron Paul from his supporters all over the country. That makes over13 million or so for the quarter in anticipation of the upcoming primaries on super Tuesday and beyond.