Ron Paul Receives Pivotal Endorsement of State Sen. Tom Davis of S. Carolina

<<<"

• Ron Paul Receives Pivotal Endorsement of South Carolina State Senator Tom Davis

RON PAUL RECEIVES PIVOTAL ENDORSEMENT OF SOUTH CAROLINA STATE SENATOR TOM DAVIS

Palmetto State Tea Party favorite and GOP heavyweight goes all in for Ron Paul

COLUMBIA, SC – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul received today the key endorsement of tea party favorite and South Carolina political heavyweight, state Sen. Tom Davis (R-Beaufort).

The consequential endorsement took place at a press conference at 6:00 p.m. EST at the Palisades Conference Center, located in Myrtle Beach.

Sen. Davis is the most influential fiscal conservative in the South Carolina General Assembly and his endorsement virtually assures that fiscal conservatives in the “First in the South” primary state will take notice. His endorsement also is viewed as a political game-changer by many in South Carolina Republican Party circles.

Those outside South Carolina also have stated the importance of the Davis endorsement.

One of Paul’s rivals for the Republican nomination, Rick Santorum, recently spoke on the weight a Davis endorsement carries. Ruminating on the prospect Davis might endorse him the former U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania told The Hilton Head Island Packet newspaper that, “To get an endorsement from someone like Tom Davis is a big deal. It would speak volumes to folks and make them take notice and give us a look.”

Sen. Davis, as it turned out, took a far different path and instead endorsed a fellow fiscal conservative.

“We’re excited and grateful to have Sen. Davis’s endorsement, as it carries tremendous weight in South Carolina,” said Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton. “Sen. Davis knows a true fiscal conservative when he sees one. He’s uniquely qualified to distinguish between establishment candidate Mitt Romney and the conservative alternative to Romney, Ron Paul.”

Sen. Davis’s full statement of endorsement follows.

Statement from Sen. Tom Davis

“It’s easy to campaign on lower taxes, less spending and fewer regulations – it’s another thing entirely to stand up for these limited government principles when the entire Washington establishment is aligned against you. Yet for more than three decades Ron Paul has cast thousands of lonely votes in our nation’s capital based on the constitutional principles that this country was founded on – and that the Republican Party has promised to protect. Yet while generations of politicians – including far too many Republicans – were losing their way or caving to the status quo, Ron Paul was standing as a Tea Party of one against a towering wave of red ink.

“2012 marks the fifth consecutive year in which the federal government is going to spend well over $1 trillion in money it doesn’t have. Each and every American taxpayer is now on the hook for $135,000 worth of federal debt – and last year’s debt deal adds another $7 trillion in deficit spending over the coming decade. Meanwhile the U.S. Senate hasn’t passed a budget in nearly 1,000 days.

“I’m endorsing Ron Paul because enough is enough. Despite this wave of unprecedented government spending, our unemployment rate has remained above 8 percent for the last 34 months and 146.4 million Americans – one out of every two people in this country – are now classified as poor or low-income.

“Government activism and government intervention clearly hasn’t fixed our economy – which is why the Republican Party needs a nominee who isn’t wedded to that failed approach. We won’t chart a path to fiscal solvency or victory in November by running toward the failed ideas of the left – we will achieve those victories by returning to the principles that the Republican Party once stood for.

“That is why I am proud to endorse Ron Paul for president.

“Ron Paul’s record matches his rhetoric, his fiscal plan matches the fiscal challenges that our nation is facing and his movement represents the taxpayers whose interests have been ignored in the political process for far too long.

“I’m also endorsing him because unlike what the pundits have led you to believe, he is the candidate who gives the Republican Party the best chance to beat Barack Obama in November.

“We have a choice: We can keep electing candidates who talk about change only during political campaigns as a way to get elected, or we can finally elect a candidate who will walk the walk and make that change a reality – restoring our bottom line, our individual liberties and our national pride in the process.”">>>

Perhaps now, with this crucial endorsement, Ron Paul will be seen as the most feasible and plausible standard bearer for the Republican Party in the upcoming election.

It will make no difference. Ron Paul will not be nominated, and if he runs, however he runs, he will not be elected.

Why do you fret so over Ron Paul?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ron Paul will not be nominated.

If Ron Paul is nominated, he will not be elected President.

If Ron Paul is elected President ... uh ... nuts.

The Congress will thwart him at every turn.

They will over-ride his veto.

Congress is onto a cushy racket and a soft touch. They are not going to be stopped by some libertarian hard-nose.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Do we really need a new thread for every Ron Paul headline? It’s not as though OLers don’t read the news too. How about we just have one Ron Paul thread, and you add to it when there’s another headline? Otherwise, I’m going to start a thread: Ron Paul’s latest bowel movement declared "healthy" by Republican Liberty Caucus. The news has spawned fresh debate over the definition of “healthy” as it pertains to bowel movements, with disagreement most pronounced over the weighting of flotation…

Do we really need a new thread for every Ron Paul headline? It’s not as though OLers don’t read the news too. How about we just have one Ron Paul thread, and you add to it when there’s another headline? Otherwise, I’m going to start a thread: Ron Paul’s latest bowel movement declared "healthy" by Republican Liberty Caucus. The news has spawned fresh debate over the definition of “healthy” as it pertains to bowel movements, with disagreement most pronounced over the weighting of flotation…

Concur here. MSK??? Can you consolidate? - It will save me starting a thread called "Ron Paul - just what kind of gynecologist was he, anyway?"

Concur here. MSK??? Can you consolidate? - It will save me starting a thread called "Ron Paul - just what kind of gynecologist was he, anyway?"

Hurrah, I have an ally. I particularly object to the misleading naming of threads. For example:

How did we get so deeply in debt and who will rescue us?

With a title like that, we better get something like this:

Not a bunch of "Ron Paul is great" videos. BTW, I re-registered as a Republican (gag!) so I can vote for him in the FL primary in a couple weeks. I don't think a Ron Paul blitz on OL is going to earn him any more votes than he's already getting hereabouts.

Which reminds me, today's Peikoff podcast had what sounded like the beginning of a turnaround (I wouldn't dare call it a "flip-flop") in position towards RP by LP. Listen and decide for yourself.

http://www.peikoff.c...16/episode-199/

Hurrah, I have an ally. I particularly object to the misleading naming of threads. For example:

Not a bunch of "Ron Paul is great" videos. BTW, I re-registered as a Republican (gag!) so I can vote for him in the FL primary in a couple weeks. I don't think a Ron Paul blitz on OL is going to earn him any more votes than he's already getting hereabouts.

Which reminds me, today's Peikoff podcast had what sounded like the beginning of a turnaround (I wouldn't dare call it a "flip-flop") in position towards RP by LP. Listen and decide for yourself.

I was going to ask you if you and any other Floridians were going to vote in the primary. Please try to get interviewed on TV giving a false name and say something cogent.

Goldfinger??

I was going to ask you if you and any other Floridians were going to vote in the primary. Please try to get interviewed on TV giving a false name and say something cogent.

PS it doesn't have to be that false. Just "Howard Ninth" or "John Galt Gulch" - you can wear a wig. Or borrow Phil's gingham and be Dominique Dagny, a teacher.

Goldfinger??

OUCH! The Truth of monetarism hurts!

Please try to get interviewed on TV giving a false name and say something cogent.

Cogent? Then I better test out my comments here. Alright, how about, "I support Ron Paul because he is the only candidate I trust to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow".

If not, there's always my old stand-by:

OUCH! The Truth of monetarism hurts!

Ouch? Because it was cold or because it was gold?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Please try to get interviewed on TV giving a false name and say something cogent.

Cogent? Then I better test out my comments here. Alright, how about, "I support Ron Paul because he is the only candidate I trust to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow".

If not, there's always my old stand-by:

That is perfect It will also secure those vital expat voters on Limbo v1xxiii

Reminds me of the Jewish gynecologist who bought his wife a gold diaphragm because......

he always wanted to come into money...

Ahem, I recall your attention to the multiplicity of Ron Paul threads. Most seem to come from Gulch 8 who passes along the latest bulletins each as a standalone topic. Michael if you are reading, could you put these all in one thread, Ron Paul Latest News or something? Gulch knows the posts will be read and discussed, there is no need for everything to be a headline.

Well, now that we have had the proper throat clearing...

And towards the unified Dr. Paul thread proposal by Ms. Dixie Cup(s) of Canada, this should be included:

Released at 4 PM today - CNN [Clinton News Network/Communist News Network] Poll

22/23. If Barack Obama were the Democratic Party's candidate and Ron Paul were the Republican Party's

candidate, who would you be more likely to vote for -- Obama, the Democrat, or Paul, the

Republican (IF UNSURE:) As of today, who do you lean more toward? (RANDOM ORDER)

Neither Other No

Obama Paul (vol.) (vol.) Opinion

Registered Voters

January 11-12, 2012 48% 46% 4% 1% * O'bama 48% Dr. Paul 46%

December 16-18, 2011 52% 45% 3% * *

September 23-25, 2011 51% 47% 2% 1% *

Apr. 29-May 1, 2011 52% 45% 3% * *

http://i2.cdn.turner...1/16/rel1bb.pdf

Now, Gulch, you realize that this is the left's attempt to have Dr. Paul as the candidate...right?

Adam

mailing the clothespins up north

And towards the unified Dr. Paul thread proposal by Ms. Dixie Cup(s) of Canada, this should be included:

22/23. If Barack Obama were the Democratic Party's candidate and Ron Paul were the Republican Party's

candidate, who would you be more likely to vote for -- Obama, the Democrat, or Paul, the

Republican (IF UNSURE:) As of today, who do you lean more toward? (RANDOM ORDER)

Neither Other No

Registered Voters

Now, Gulch, you realize that this is the left's attempt to have Dr. Paul as the candidate...right?

Adam

I don't understand that poll - what does random order mean here? It looks like it;s nearly half and half, how could this help the left?

I don't understand the clothespins either and I don't think it would be Respectable to cogitate upon, I will just thank you kindly but there is no need, I live above a laundromat and the internet has been fixed again by a trio of intelligent young Bell techs.

Neither Other No

Registered Voters

Adam

I don't understand that poll - what does random order mean here? It looks like it;s nearly half and half, how could this help the left?

I don't understand the clothespins either and I don't think it would be Respectable to cogitate upon, I will just thank you kindly but there is no need, I live above a laundromat and the internet has been fixed again by a trio of intelligent young Bell techs.

Carol:

Lol...

Random order means, if you hit the link, they run each of the top Republican candidates against O'bama in a random order, not in terms of alphabetical or who is leading.

Having Dr. Paul as the candidate, they believe would guarantee an O'bama victory, possibly a landslide, a la Barry Goldwater in 1964. Strangely enough, the Republican establishment also believes that and that is why they want Goody Two Shoes [Romney] because even if he cannot win, he will be close enough so they can take the Senate and hold the House which means that they can still have access to all the money and committee chairmanships.

Adam

Neither Other No

Registered Voters

Adam

Carol:

Lol...

Random order means, if you hit the link, they run each of the top Republican candidates against O'bama in a random order, not in terms of alphabetical or who is leading.

Having Dr. Paul as the candidate, they believe would guarantee an O'bama victory, possibly a landslide, a la Barry Goldwater in 1964. Strangely enough, the Republican establishment also believes that and that is why they want Goody Two Shoes [Romney] because even if he cannot win, he will be close enough so they can take the Senate and hold the House which means that they can still have access to all the money and committee chairmanships.

Adam

Thanks for the explanation. The huge divide in your politics seems to guarantee that no modern president can get anything done. Yet the government keeps rolling along.

Carol:

And that is the real problem because of the stupid automatic baseline increases in spending that is built into the alleged budgeting process!

For example, the marxist Democratic Senate has not passed a budget for almost one thousand (1000) days!

Adam

Other key Ron Paul endorsements:

1. David Duke (Former Louisiana State Representative – Former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard)

2. Cindy Sheehan (Prominent Left-Wing, Anti-War Extremist)

3. Don Black (Former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard – Current Member Of ‘The American Nazi Party’ – Owner Of The ‘Stormfront’ Online White Supremicist Forum)

4. Liz Hourican (Spokesperson For The Pro-Hamas, Anti-Israel, Left-Wing Extremist Organization ‘Code Pink’)

5. Willis Carto (White Supremacist – Holocaust Denier – Co-Founder Of ‘The National Alliance’ With ‘Turner Diaries’ Author William Pierce)

6. Alex Jones (Radio Talk Show Host – Prominent 9/11 Truther – Anti-Government Propagandist Filmmaker – Owner Of The ‘PrisonPlanet’ And ‘InfoWars’ Conspiracy Theorist Websites)

7. Jess Mazour (Organizer Of The Des Moines, Iowa Chapter Of The Anti-American, Left-Wing Extremist ‘Occupy’ Movement)

8. William Alexander White (Neo-Nazi – Founder Of The ‘American National Socialist Workers’ Party’)

9. Jesse Ventura (Former Minnesota Governor – Former Professional Wrestler – Steroid Abuser – 9/11 Truther – Anti-Religious Zealot Who Once Stated That “Organized Religion Is A Sham And A Crutch For Weak-Minded People.”)

10. James Edwards (Host Of The White Supremicist ‘Political Cesspool’ Radio Program Broadcast On ‘Stormfront Radio’ And Sponsored By ‘The Institute For Historical Review’ Holocaust Deniers Group)

Ron Paul and the Lunatic Fringe

1. David Duke (Former Louisiana State Representative – Former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard)

2. Cindy Sheehan (Prominent Left-Wing, Anti-War Extremist)

3. Don Black (Former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard – Current Member Of ‘The American Nazi Party’ – Owner Of The ‘Stormfront’ Online White Supremicist Forum)

4. Liz Hourican (Spokesperson For The Pro-Hamas, Anti-Israel, Left-Wing Extremist Organization ‘Code Pink’)

5. Willis Carto (White Supremacist – Holocaust Denier – Co-Founder Of ‘The National Alliance’ With ‘Turner Diaries’ Author William Pierce)

6. Alex Jones (Radio Talk Show Host – Prominent 9/11 Truther – Anti-Government Propagandist Filmmaker – Owner Of The ‘PrisonPlanet’ And ‘InfoWars’ Conspiracy Theorist Websites)

7. Jess Mazour (Organizer Of The Des Moines, Iowa Chapter Of The Anti-American, Left-Wing Extremist ‘Occupy’ Movement)

8. William Alexander White (Neo-Nazi – Founder Of The ‘American National Socialist Workers’ Party’)

9. Jesse Ventura (Former Minnesota Governor – Former Professional Wrestler – Steroid Abuser – 9/11 Truther – Anti-Religious Zealot Who Once Stated That “Organized Religion Is A Sham And A Crutch For Weak-Minded People.”)

10. James Edwards (Host Of The White Supremicist ‘Political Cesspool’ Radio Program Broadcast On ‘Stormfront Radio’ And Sponsored By ‘The Institute For Historical Review’ Holocaust Deniers Group)

Just imagine the rendition of Kumbaya that we could put together!