Merry Christmas from Mr. T and Nancy Reagan (1983)

• 5 weeks later...

Delete me! I dare ya! I double dare ya!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azbpmBBtYho

P.S. In case it turns out that GHS doesn’t have the, until now unavailable to him, power to delete, edit, and otherwise have at the posts in his corner, note that this is a test. Only a test. Though either way he’s nothing but a long-eared galoot…

P.P.S. After thinking the matter over, I have decided that I should apologize to George. He is a great man, a great thinker, and a great writer. I envy him very, very much, but I know I will never be his equal. That is probably why I wrote this sleazy post. I need help.

Delete me! I dare ya! I double dare ya!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azbpmBBtYho

P.S. In case it turns out that GHS doesn’t have the, until now unavailable to him, power to delete, edit, and otherwise have at the posts in his corner, note that this is a test. Only a test. Though either way he’s nothing but a long-eared galoot…

P.P.S. After thinking the matter over, I have decided that I should apologize to George. He is a great man, a great thinker, and a great writer. I envy him very, very much, but I know I will never be his equal. That is probably why I wrote this sleazy post. I need help.

My P.P.S. is much better than deleting your post.

I love power.

Ghs

I love power.

Ghs

Which came first, the corruption or the power?

--Brant

researching an aphorism by Lord Action

There are different kinds of corruption. I perfected (and exhausted) most of those years ago, but I never had enough power to wallow in the corruption that comes with power. Power over other people never appealed to me, and this was probably a good thing. Even now, I am afraid to look at that portrait of myself that has been sitting in my closet for many years. :cool:

Ghs

George wrote:

Even now, I am afraid to look at that portrait of myself that has been sitting in my closet for many years.

end quote

Hopefully, the portrait is aging but you are not. I would like to see a few more books from you. Blow your nose to get that corruption out. The important image of you is internal, from your MRI and that glowing mental image of yourself. If you are feeling down it could be your blood pressure medicine doing the talking or you have low blood sugar. Pick a fight. That always perks you up. Beer is a good, safe medicine.

Semper cogitans fidele,

Peter Taylor

George wrote: Even now, I am afraid to look at that portrait of myself that has been sitting in my closet for many years. end quote Hopefully, the portrait is aging but you are not. I would like to see a few more books from you. Blow your nose to get that corruption out. The important image of you is internal, from your MRI and that glowing mental image of yourself. If you are feeling down it could be your blood pressure medicine doing the talking or you have low blood sugar. Pick a fight. That always perks you up. Beer is a good, safe medicine. Semper cogitans fidele, Peter Taylor

Thanks for the supercilious advice.

If you want me to write another book, then pay me enough money to live on while I am writing it. I am far too old and wizened to undergo the tremendous labor of writing a worthwhile book for the thrill of seeing it published or for the sake of the "movement," while being unable to pay my bills while writing it. I have contributed countless freebies to the "movement" in past decades, and I am done with that.

Ghs

George H. Smith wrote:

Thanks for the supercilious advice . . . If you want me to write another book, then pay me enough money to live on while I am writing it. Otherwise, keep your advice to yourself.

end quote

Thank God. He’s OK!

Scrap metal George. There is money in scrap metal! Copper pipes, old air conditioners, that old frig in the alley, they are all worth a bundle. Get yourself an old pickup, build up the sides, and then put a sign on the side reading, “Sanford and Sons.”

George is himself again. Look out world! Tornado on the ground!

Semper cogitans fidele,

Peter Taylor

You can be in on the New Renaissance. You can be in on the ground floor of an important new work. Support the most important historian and free thinker of the 21st Century.

Rand in Retrospect. By George H. Smith.

Chapter One. Why Objectivism? What is correct about this popular modern day philosophy?

Chapter Two. A concise listing of Rand’s errors.

Chapter Three. Fixing Objectivism’s errors.

Chapter Four. Scientific proofs of the “improved” Objectivism, including mathematical and logical proofs.

Chapter Five. Reconciling the Ayn Rand Institute and The Objectivist Center.

Semper cogitans fidele,

Peter Taylor

You can be in on the New Renaissance. You can be in on the ground floor of an important new work. Support the most important historian and free thinker of the 21st Century. Rand in Retrospect. By George H. Smith. Chapter One. Why Objectivism? What is correct about this popular modern day philosophy? Chapter Two. A concise listing of Rand’s errors. Chapter Three. Fixing Objectivism’s errors. Chapter Four. Scientific proofs of the “improved” Objectivism, including mathematical and logical proofs. Chapter Five. Reconciling the Ayn Rand Institute and The Objectivist Center. Semper cogitans fidele, Peter Taylor

Why on earth do you think I would take your advice about anything?

Get me an advance for 50-grand, or sent me a check yourself, and I will write a book on Objectivism. It's the money, stupid. Got it?

Ghs

I am watching my granddaughter so that my daughter and son in law could go to the Tokyo Steak House and then to a movie. She has a cold and is a cranky 26 months old, so I have been busy.

George wrote:

Why on earth do you think I would take your advice about anything?

end quote

Because you might bring about a dialogue between the two sides in the Objectivist debate. You would be a hero once again.

You would add to the knowledge of the planet. One more footnote to history and acclaim is a powerful incentive.

To see the advance of the philosophy you love.

So that you will succeed.

My reason is simple. I hope you will write the book I outlined because I want to read that book.

Of course I do not expect you to take my advice. It was not seriously meant as advice, considering our “quibbling” adversarial positions. It was meant to be a spark.

George wrote:

Get me an advance for 50-grand, or sent me a check yourself, and I will write a book on Objectivism. It's the money, stupid. Got it?

end quote

No. It is not the money, it is the lack of money. I doubt you are living in a cardboard box under the freeway, but I think you might overlook paying into Social Security or saving.

KickStarter is a site I have supported in the past. They take in contributions to a person to complete a specific project, and I supported “The mind of Ayn Rand” or whatever it was called.

You call me stupid? As Forrest Gump said, “Stupid is as stupid does.” If you have it in you to write a book similar to the one I took one minute to outline, go for it. I will support you through Kickstarter. There are several O’ist sites where you could promote your efforts at no charge. Good Luck. Really, George. Good luck and take care.

Peter