Watch Michael Moore Squirm

John:

See, I told you that you could get along with him.

There will still be sparks of disagreement, but flints and stones create sparks. Ideas do also.

I view argument as mental gymnastics and rarely, if at all, ever take it personally.

Adam

Heh.

This is just in:

It’s Official: Michael Moore Admits He Is Part of the ‘1%’

by Tiffany Gabbay

October 28, 2011

The Blaze

From the article:

In a recent interview with CNN’s Piers Morgan, left-wing documentary filmmaker and Occupy Wall Street supporter Michael Moore vehemently denied being part of the “1%.” The assertion was beyond belief, however, given his documentaries’ staggering success. Now, Moore has admitted to being part of the 1% in a self-penned blogpost titled “Life Among the 1%.”

Now the director of “Capitalism: A Love Story” and other documentaries has come clean and admitted that he is indeed among the nation’s wealthiest citizens, but without providing details of just how rich he is.

In a post titled “Life Among the 1%” on his blog “Open Mike,” Moore recalls how he made his first millions when he sold the distribution rights to his 1989 breakthrough hit “Roger & Me.”

. . .

But, as Newsbusters‘ Noel Sheppard points out

After all, in 2005, Peter Schweizer in his book “Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy” included a copy of Moore’s schedule D from one of his tax filings showing that the schlockumentarian at one point owned almost 2,000 shares of Boeing, nearly 1,000 shares of Sonoco, more than 4,000 shares of Best Foods, more than 3,000 shares of Eli Lilly, more than 8,000 shares of Bank One, and more than 2,000 shares of Halliburton.

Yes. Halliburton.

Ya think a guy like that wasn't squirming when I said he was squirming?

Like Bob (Ba'al) said, he knows enough to know what a useful idiot is and how he fits that bill.

And like I said at the opening:

Heh.

Michael

Did Rand ever accused the professors *as per net-tax-receivers* of being marxists because they are essentially the precursor of the bureaucrats that are dominanting society in Communism?

John,

I've been mulling this over for a while and I simply don't know what you are talking about.

And I'm tired of researching and serving up quotes for you to say, "That's not what I was after."

That is the reason I have not responded yet.

If you shed the light of clarity on your ideas, it will be far easier to discuss them. So far, I have the feeling I have wasted my time.

Michael

All man-made bad comes from the irrational.

And they win in a climate of intimidation and shame in which they can be seen like the altruist or the victim. People will pity or admire them and that's the game they play - and the only game they can play. That's why my advice is: Glorify arrogance, pride, selfishness, ruthlessness.

In what way would this arrogance and ruthlessness manifest itself?