Ron Paul "PLAN TO RESTORE AMERICA"

http://c3244172.r72....AmericaPlan.pdf

RON PAUL “PLAN TO RESTORE AMERICA”

SYNOPSIS:

America is the greatest nation in human history. Our respect for individual liberty, free markets, and limited constitutional government produced the strongest, most prosperous country in the world. But, we have drifted far from our founding principles, and America is in crisis.

Ron Paul’s “Restore America” plan slams on the brakes and puts America on a return to constitutional government. It is bold but achievable. Through the bully pulpit of the presidency, the power of the Veto, and, most importantly, the united voice of freedom-loving Americans, we can implement fundamental reforms.

DELIVERS A TRUE BALANCED BUDGET IN YEAR THREE OF DR. PAUL’S PRESIDENCY:

Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who doesn’t just talk about balancing the budget, but who has a full plan to get it done.

SPENDING:

Cuts $1 trillion in spending during the first year of Ron Paul’s presidency, eliminating five cabinet departments (Energy, HUD, Commerce, Interior, and Education), abolishing the Transportation Security Administration and returning responsibility for security to private property owners, abolishing corporate subsidies, stopping foreign aid, ending foreign wars, and returning most other spending to 2006 levels.

ENTITLEMENTS:

Honors our promise to our seniors and veterans, while allowing young workers to opt out. Block grants Medicaid and other welfare programs to allow States the flexibility and ingenuity they need to solve their own unique problems without harming those currently relying on the programs.

CUTTING GOVERNMENT WASTE:

Makes a 10% reduction in the federal workforce, slashes Congressional pay and perks, and curbs excessive federal travel. To stand with the American People, President Paul will take a salary of $39,336, approximately equal to the median personal income of the American worker.

TAXES:

Lowers the corporate tax rate to 15%, making America competitive in the global market. Allows American companies to repatriate capital without additional taxation, spurring trillions in new investment. Extends all Bush tax cuts. Abolishes the Death Tax. Ends taxes on personal savings, allowing families to build a nest egg.

REGULATION:

Repeals ObamaCare, Dodd-Frank, and Sarbanes- Oxley. Mandates REINS-style requirements for thorough congressional review and authorization before implementing any new regulations issued by bureaucrats. President Paul will also cancel all onerous regulations previously issued by Executive Order.

MONETARY POLICY:

Conducts a full audit of the Federal Reserve and implements competing currency legislation to strengthen the dollar and stabilize inflation.

CONCLUSION:

Dr. Paul is the only candidate with a plan to cut spending and truly balance the budget. This is the only plan that will deliver what America needs in these difficult times: Major regulatory relief, large spending cuts, sound monetary policy, and a balanced budget.

PAID FOR BY RON PAUL 2012 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE INC.

If you go to the site you will find a detailed presentation of the plan including just how Ron Paul's budgets compare with existing expenditures. It is an additional 10 pages.

Quote from the Ron Paul 2012 presidential campaign committee inc.:

Dr. Paul is the only candidate with a plan to cut spending and truly balance the budget. This is the only plan that will deliver what America needs in these difficult times: Major regulatory relief, large spending cuts, sound monetary policy, and a balanced budget.

End quote

Sounds perfect. I wonder what Ron would do if we are once again attacked by Islamic Jihadists? In the short term, the market place will not protect us from people unconcerned with their material well being but instead are focused on their mythical, mystical, after life

I heard a wonderful and similar promise from Romney to be the perfect President. He will use the FULL discretionary powers of the Presidency for sixty days slashing regulations and cutting spending and then go to Congress to devise ways to limit the power of the Presidency. After he is done wielding unconstitutional power, like his predecessors, he will move to more correctly align the balance of power between the branches of government. Mitt will then become a constitutional President.

Sounds great. Mitt is not the perfect candidate but a tea party congress would limit his liberal tendencies.

I hope.

Ron Paul will not win the nomination, nor will Herman Cain.

Peter Taylor

Ron Paul says, “We just need to mind our own business.”

However, Christopher Hitchens writes "In Defense of Endless War,": "We do have certain permanent enemies — the totalitarian state; the nihilist / terrorist cell — with which 'peace' is neither possible nor desirable. Acknowledging this, and preparing for it, might give us some advantages in a war that seems destined to last as long as civilization is willing to defend itself."

I would agree with Mr. Hitchens and suggest to Representative Ron Paul that peace and prosperity combined with isolationism might be wishful thinking. The “ants” would still march up our picnic table.

Yet I do feel some joy at the prospect of leaving Iraq even though its neighbor, Iran, just attempted an act of war against us. And if Obama also gets us out of Afghanistan by November, 2012, that might also enhance his chances at reelection as “The Peace President.”

Imagine him after his reelection saying, “And so my fellow Americans, we no longer do enhanced interrogations and I have gotten us out of two wars but I am still blowing our enemies to smithereens with drones.” What a catchy slogan in keeping with my terrorists as ants comment: America the Beautiful . . . dragonfly.

Peter

Peter,

I agree with isolationism to the extent of not meddling, and not occupying. We are stretched so thin that I fear we are at a disadvantage for a sound defensive posture against our natural enemies. Pulling back would give us some breathing room to actually see what's in front of us, not constantly look over our shoulders. And the benefit, in my opinion, would be the rest of the world shouldering more responsibility in keeping their neighbors in check rather than looking to big brother.

Whether or not Ron Paul gets elected, I really hope people are opening their eyes to what they are losing and could lose. Otherwise, we'll be trying to ice skate uphill before long... we're close.

~ Shane

The “ants” would still march up our picnic table.

. . .

... if Obama also gets us out of Afghanistan by November, 2012, that might also enhance his chances at reelection as “The Peace President.”

Imagine him after his reelection saying, “And so my fellow Americans, we no longer do enhanced interrogations and I have gotten us out of two wars but I am still blowing our enemies to smithereens with drones.”

Peter,

LOL...

When you're good, you're good.

Now I can't get these damn images out of my mind.

They're sort of like ear-worms.

:)

Michael