Go Moderate Yourself! (You Know Who You Are!)

[12-23-15 note: apparently some OL denizens either forgot or don't take seriously my warning from 4 years ago that this Corner will be maintained as free from personal attacks on me. I tried locking first one, then another thread, on which posters had become personally abusive to me. The attacks on me are continuing elsewhere, but that is no concern of mine. Whatever Michael wants to disallow outside of the Corners is fine with me, which I assume is still zero, since he's not clamped down on any of my abusive critics in the past.]

I'm going to try an experiment. It's called a "personal-attack-free zone."

It's a rather risky idea, I know. Without ad hominems and such being permitted, who would bother to read posts in my folder, let alone bother to write one!

Yet, I have this crazy idea that maybe I deserve the same respect and treatment as the Brandens, Chris Sciabarra, David Kelley, and others -- at least here in my Corner.

So, from now on, anyone who wants to post nasty comments about my motives, personality, etc., should feel free to expound them at length -- somewhere else!

I have a twitchy "delete" finger, and I'm not afraid to use it. But I would prefer not to have to. So, if you don't like it, go moderate yourself.

REB

So, from now on, anyone who wants to post nasty comments about my motives, personality, etc., should feel free to expound them at length -- somewhere else!

There’s nothing like forbidding something to make whatever it is irresistible. So, take it away Wolfgang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-fzzy8CmuY

Translation:

Lick me in the arse

Let us be glad!

Grumbling is in vain!

Growling, droning is in vain,

is the true bane of life,

Droning is in vain,

Growling, droning is in vain, in vain!

Thus let us be cheerful and merry, be glad!

There’s nothing like forbidding something to make whatever it is irresistible. So, take it away Wolfgang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-fzzy8CmuY

Translation:

Lick me in the arse

Let us be glad!

Grumbling is in vain!

Growling, droning is in vain,

is the true bane of life,

Droning is in vain,

Growling, droning is in vain, in vain!

Thus let us be cheerful and merry, be glad!

Mozart is my favorite pre-music-composer, so I couldn't take his ribald words as any more than a pre-insult. :-)

REB

Mozart is my favorite pre-music-composer, so I couldn't take his ribald words as any more than a pre-insult. :-)

Now that's the spirit! But I thought I was giving you a chance to exercise that twitchy delete finger. I don't have time right now to come up with anything good, so here's to you:

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, now this is really too much:

Listening to a little Mozart could help doctors better detect potentially dangerous polyps (also known as adenomas), a new study suggests.

Research presented at the annual meeting of the American College of Gastroenterology suggests that listening to Mozart improves precancerous polyp detection rates to 36.7 percent from 27.16 percent, ABC News reported.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1067654.html

I'm certain that even better rates can be achieved by addressing daily intercessory prayers to the patron saint of prostate exams, San Benedetto di Dover (that's Ben Dover for short).

SanBenedettoofDover.jpg

Serendipitous. I worship Mozart. As the quote goes, he is not the greatest, he is the only. But he had a robust enjoyment os scatological humour, of which I am unnaturally squeamish and cannot appreciate even in words let alone depictions. A small, unimportant part of the whole human being. What a piece of work is man.

• 4 years later...

[12-23-15 note: apparently some OL denizens either forgot or don't take seriously my warning from 4 years ago that this Corner will be maintained as free from personal attacks on me. I tried locking first one, then another thread, on which posters had become personally abusive to me. The attacks on me are continuing elsewhere, but that is no concern of mine. Whatever Michael wants to disallow outside of the Corners is fine with me, which I assume is still zero, since he's not clamped down on any of my abusive critics in the past.]

I'm going to try an experiment. It's called a "personal-attack-free zone."

It's a rather risky idea, I know. Without ad hominems and such being permitted, who would bother to read posts in my folder, let alone bother to write one!

Yet, I have this crazy idea that maybe I deserve the same respect and treatment as the Brandens, Chris Sciabarra, David Kelley, and others -- at least here in my Corner.

I have a twitchy "delete" finger, and I'm not afraid to use it. But I would prefer not to have to. So, if you don't like it, go moderate yourself.

REB

Roger, the primary purpose of a Corner is to prevent "personal attacks"? If I had one it would be just to protect the integrity of the discussion respecting the subject and keep the material close at hand. The strictures on members respecting the Brandens were and are forum wide for a special reason, not ego protection.

Did you just recently lock and then delete a thread you started--or someone else had--that wasn't in your Corner?

--Brant

If the referenced threads are in your Corner that's your business.

--Brant