It was George Washington's fault

algernonsidney

George Washington claimed responsibility for the earthquake today. The First President was proud to say that he ordered all soldiers from the War of 1812 and Revolutionary War to roll over in their graves at the same time. Andrew Jackson admitted that it was one of the few times that he ever agreed with George Washington on anything.

Similar earthquakes were reported in Europe. In France, the Marquis de La Fayette claimed responsibility. In Poland, Kazimierz Pułaski accepted responsibility. In Germany, Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben took responsibility.

A fourth earthquake took place in Belarus with Tadeusz Kościuszko taking responsibility. However, Lithuanian and Polish seismologists insist that the epicenter of the quake was actually in their home countries.

Chris:

Clever.

This was my first earthquake and it was interesting. Slight "queasiness" during the twenty (2) or so seconds that it lasted.

I have experienced and survived a flood that almost took our entire town out; been cut off fighting a fire in a large theater; been shot; been trapped in two blizzards, one indoors and one outdoors; fell off a stone ledge some forty (40) feet to a rock creek bed and came real close to dying in an asthma attack so I still have lots of lives left!

Adam