Republican Primaries

Now that Christi has endorsed Mitt, has anyone changed their mind about Romney?

Now that Cain has changed his 9-9-9 plan to 9-0-9 for people below the poverty level does anyone have any change of opinion about Herman? I sent him my opinion about the abortion issue after he was accused of foot in mouth syndrome. No response.

I am eagerly awaiting the first few primaries. If Mitt wins, oy vey.

Peter

No. Anyone but O'biwan and anyone but Mitt.

And if Mitt and O'biwan run against each other, will you vote for Buridan's Ass?

Ba'al Chatzaf

And if Mitt and O'biwan run against each other, will you vote for Buridan's Ass**?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Nope, I will vote for Romney the evil of the two (2) lessors. The current usurper in the White House is so dangerous that I would not even vote third party or sit home.

220px-Deliberations_of_Congress.jpg

magnify-clip.pngPolitical cartoon ca. 1900, showing the United States Congress as Buridan's ass, hesitating between a Panama route or a Nicaragua route for an Atlantic-Pacific canal.

**http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buridan%27s_ass

It refers to a hypothetical situation wherein an ass is placed precisely midway between a stack of hay and a pail of water. Since the paradox assumes the ass will always go to whichever is closer, it will die of both hunger and thirst since it cannot make any rational decision to choose one over the other.[1] The paradox is named after the 14th century French philosopher Jean Buridan, whose philosophy of moral determinism it satirises.

Always learning new "stuff" on OL!

I apologize for the delay in replying on this thread and others - I am not receiving notifications, and hopefully Michael or Kat will soon fix that.

I see the unconventional amateur Herman Cain is concentrating on the South and practically opting out of Iowa and New Hampshire. Last year at this time Giuliani and Fred Thompson were leading in the polls and then they disappeared. Herman Cain’s candidacy may suffer the same fate in the primaries.

I agree with Adam. I will vote for Mitt if he wins the nomination. I think he would win the debates with Obama and the 2012 election. He is quite intelligent. His political philosophy and track record are the worry.

Mitt is NOT in the same “Republican In Name Only” league as John McCain AND Romney has usually flip flopped IN THE BETTER direction. (My wife is a Romney contributor – Romney will not spend a dime on Cap and Trade for instance.)

Tea Party folks could vote for a purer “right thinking” candidate, but being “right” may not win us the America we want. I will support the better “sponge worthy” Tea Party candidate up until “someone” is nominated, and then the Republican “someone” left standing will be the better candidate over Obama.

If a conservative House and Senate are also elected, Romney will do the right thing as President. It is amazing how Ron Paul’s libertarian philosophies are now the conventional National Review and Tea Party wisdom, except, perhaps, towards national defense. And with people like his son, Rand Paul in the Senate, Romney will be kept to his promises.

I worry LESS about a person from a “marginal” religion like The Jesus Christ Church of Latter Day Saints, than a Christian Evangelical, who might impose her religiously induced political philosophy onto issues like abortion and equality under the law.

I will not bemoan a Mitt Romney win. A natural but principled politician, on our side could be a very good thing. And with “A Good Bully from the East” like Chris Christi as his running mate, the American Traitor Class will get their asses whipped for eight wonderful years.

“Mr Vice President, why is your administration ignoring the plight of the mooching classes?”

“Scott Pelly, why don’t you and the other drive by media A-Holes just shut your effing pie holes?

Peter