Americans Elect

Anyone notice Thomas L. Friedman's op ed piece today in the NYT about a new effort to enable voters to offer up a nominee of their own choice via

http://www.americanselect.org/

Evidently financed by serious funding and intention to put someone on the ballot in all fifty states to give us an alternative to the major party nominees.

There will be a process to narrow down the choices which are generated by anyone choosing to get involved in a series of internet rounds.

One can hope this might generate a more appealing candidate than the ones likely to be belched forth by the establishment parties.

I am not optimistic but that remains to be seen. Maybe we should get involved in this!

gulch

Anyone notice Thomas L. Friedman's op ed piece today in the NYT about a new effort to enable voters to offer up a nominee of their own choice via

http://www.americanselect.org/

Evidently financed by serious funding and intention to put someone on the ballot in all fifty states to give us an alternative to the major party nominees.

There will be a process to narrow down the choices which are generated by anyone choosing to get involved in a series of internet rounds.

One can hope this might generate a more appealing candidate than the ones likely to be belched forth by the establishment parties.

I am not optimistic but that remains to be seen. Maybe we should get involved in this!

gulch

Gulch:

I was going to post this, but got wrapped up with some client calls. Allegedly, these folks are "quietly" trying to get on the ballot! I do not know how one "quietly" does that and then has this asshole put an op ed in the Times.

However, I will be inquiring with my friend in the Board of Elections in Trenton tomorrow.

One wrinkle is that the finalists, will have to pick a Vice President from the other party.

If this is for real, we should definitely get involved and hijack it.

Adam

Not to be a negative Nancy, but I predict that, like Unity '08, this will go nowhere.

How far along in the sex change process are you Nancy?