Negative Objectivists

On another forum, my work received this criticism:

"Consider, perhaps, that people are likely to react better and be more supportive of an Objectivist-centric blog that posts actual content, rather than simply posting pictures with little quotes under them, essentially making it a website full of nothing but motivational posters of which there are billions and contribute little to nothing to the advancement of Objectivism or the knowledge of it. Show us something praiseworthy and we will "praise it."

And the post received 5 "likes"

What gives Objectivists??

"Consider, perhaps, that people are likely to react better and be more supportive of an Objectivist-centric blog that posts actual content, rather than simply posting pictures with little quotes under them, essentially making it a website full of nothing but motivational posters of which there are billions and contribute little to nothing to the advancement of Objectivism or the knowledge of it. Show us something praiseworthy and we will "praise it."

Objectivist wombs? :rolleyes:

Objectivist wombs? :rolleyes:

hehe, screwed by punctuation!

James,

5 "likes" out of how many views? Do you know the people who "liked" it?

If you don't know the number of views, then 5 becomes nearly meaningless. And if you don't know anything about the characters of those five people then why do their "likes" matter?

Mike

Unfortunately, Negative Objectivists are quite common.

My advice is to ignore them. They're the worst publicity Objectivism could possibly get.

James,

I think it's odd that a person would criticize you for posting pictures with quotes by presuming that this is an error or somehow mediocre.

At the very least, he (or she) could have asked what you were getting at before bashing...

I, personally, think you have an interesting concept for a blog. It's different and pleasing.

You certainly have beautiful posts to look at. It's clear to me that the visual harmony and composition are no accident.

I wish you success in your project.

Michael

James,

I think it's odd that a person would criticize you for posting pictures with quotes by presuming that this is an error or somehow mediocre.

At the very least, he (or she) could have asked what you were getting at before bashing...

I, personally, think you have an interesting concept for a blog. It's different and pleasing.

You certainly have beautiful posts to look at. It's clear to me that the visual harmony and composition are no accident.

I wish you success in your project.

Michael

I agree with Mike. Ignore that stuff. A lot of them enjoy being sniffy--somehow, they feel there is empowerment in it.

rde

James,

It would help to get clearer picture of what kind of forum that is if you could post a link.

As for "like" votes on forums, I mostly find them counterproductive. They are too subjective and encourage 'cronyism' where posters who are 'friends' will freely distrbute "like" votes among each other. I would disregared those likes (and the "dislikes", which some forums have as well) completely.

Edited by Xray

James:

Your site is beautiful.

I do not take votes on whether something is good or not.

I think you should not be concerned about votes. I do not think you are, but we all think out loud when we do not get approval of what clearly is an excellent piece of work.

Adam