Rand Paul Comes to Iowa - keynote speaker - Night of the rising stars!

Folks:

This line jumped out of the screen as I watched him speak in a soft, serious and low key tone.

"It's not enough just to be a Republican," Paul told the crowd. "It's not enough just for the Republican parties to exist. Political parties are empty vessels unless we imbue them with values. We have to stand for something, and we have to mean it."

The preceding 6 or 7 minutes to this YouTube clip were spent talking about Cassius Marcellus Clay Wiki here, who was an abolitionist who would speak with a bible on one side of the podium and a Bowie knife on the other side, the cousin of the "Great Compromiser" Henry Clay. He drew a beautiful parallel between the two and how we should not compromise today.

He also spoke about risk and how a brave doctor, Zabdiel Bolston Wiki here, at the urging of Cotton Mather, inoculated his son with the pus of a mild case of from a small pox survivor to prove to the public that this was the way to save lives. This was in New England in 1721.

Again, using the example of personal courage and no compromising as the path to take to save our nation.

We are looking for a Presidential candidate - well let me introduce Senator Rand Paul

Adam

"We enshrined individual liberty and freedom into our documents, and we should have respect for the documents."

Beggars can't be choosers, but I'd prefer:

"We did a fair job enshrining individual liberty into our documents, and we should show deeper respect for individual liberty by amending these documents accordingly."

He is good on many counts though, I'm glad he's a chip off the block.

Shayne