Best of the Week

As long as it was not a folie à trois, now a ménage à trois...

Rire en haut voix

I am going to guess that is laugh out loud

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does all this amount to a denunciation? I think so, but as Peikoff becomes increasingly irrelevant (and loony) it may not function as an “excommunication”, with the subsequent shunning that follows from that honor.

ND, Peikoff doesn't refer to Hsieh by name in the bit you mentioned, nor does he 'denounce' her. Being critical of someone (as he has been of Binswanger and many others) doesn't amount to excommunication.

Oh boy, here comes the “flip-flops” controversy again. There’s no question of whom Peikoff was talking about (do you dispute it?). Now, did he not refer to her by name by way of going easy on her, or for extra effect (“that unperson isn’t worthy of being named in a communiqué from the great exalted me”). I don’t think Peikoff will ever tell us, so we’ll just have to agree to disagree in our interpretations of this, one of Peikoff’s wildest rants. Also, don’t leave out the part about the GZ Mosque debate, this isn’t a one-off thing.

BTW, would you give us a nice, tight definition of "excommunication", as applied to the science of Objectischismology, so we all know where the boundaries are and never misuse the term again?

Yet...yet...Dennis Hardin, Diana Hsieh...they're both Doctors... I don't even want to know what Rumsfeld-s middle name is...get those yaks back in the pasture!

I figure it will probably look better if I just tell you now. Someone else will discover it soon enough. Donald Henry Rumsfeld. Pure coincidence, I assure you.

And it is undoubtedly true that you have never seen me in the same room with Diana Hsieh. But I can explain that. You see. . . She would probably never go to a conference or lecture that would allow tolerationists like me as a guest. There. That should explain it. No, really. . .

Yet...yet...Dennis Hardin, Diana Hsieh...they're both Doctors... I don't even want to know what Rumsfeld-s middle name is...get those yaks back in the pasture!

I figure it will probably look better if I just tell you now. Someone else will discover it soon enough. Donald Henry Rumsfeld. Pure coincidence, I assure you.

And it is undoubtedly true that you have never seen me in the same room with Diana Hsieh. But I can explain that. You see. . . She would probably never go to a conference or lecture that would allow tolerationists like me as a guest. There. That should explain it. No, really. . .

Of course, of course that explains it. Heh, heh. Just a coincidence, like the fact that oh I don't know, David Hassellhoff is said to be in "rehab" whenever you are out and about in public...isn't it ridiculous the silly things people notice....

> BTW, would you give us a nice, tight definition of "excommunication"

ND, having dealt with you on many threads, I wouldn't waste the time required to rub your recalcitrant, snarky nose in the dictionary:

You would simply dodge the actual meaning, never admitting you might have overstated your case in the slightest -- as you just did a few posts back.

Edited by Philip Coates

> BTW, would you give us a nice, tight definition of "excommunication"

ND, having dealt with you on many threads, I wouldn't waste the time required to rub your recalcitrant, snarky nose in the dictionary:

You would simply dodge the actual meaning, never admitting you might have overstated your case in the slightest -- as you just did a few posts back.

The schoolmarm declines a request to teach a lesson? How the mighty have fallen!

Of course, of course that explains it. Heh, heh. Just a coincidence, like the fact that oh I don't know, David Hassellhoff is said to be in "rehab" whenever you are out and about in public...isn't it ridiculous the silly things people notice....

David Hasselhoff? You have to be kidding. . .

Just because I have her pamela-anderson-20070619-272095.jpg on speed dial??

I've got lots of people on speed dial. I need a drink.

> Then PERIGO! was even worse. The episode assumes far too much on the part of its audience. [Ted]

Like what and how often? In the introductory part, he explained about the Greeks and about Aristotle, about the painting behind him, and most semi-educated people have heard about post-modernism and political correctness. And, I presume, New Zealanders know about the political figures he was referring to.

Ted obviously thinks that New Zealanders are too dumb to get it. They are not smart objectivists like he his. I don't actually see him with his own tv show though, so who's actually doing more to take Objectivism to the world at large? And all he, and lots of others here, can do, is knock it. Letting personal bias get in the way is hardly objective.

> Then PERIGO! was even worse. The episode assumes far too much on the part of its audience. [Ted]

Like what and how often? In the introductory part, he explained about the Greeks and about Aristotle, about the painting behind him, and most semi-educated people have heard about post-modernism and political correctness. And, I presume, New Zealanders know about the political figures he was referring to.

Ted obviously thinks that New Zealanders are too dumb to get it. They are not smart objectivists like he his. I don't actually see him with his own tv show though, so who's actually doing more to take Objectivism to the world at large? And all he, and lots of others here, can do, is knock it. Letting personal bias get in the way is hardly objective.

Obviously.

It's already been discussed.

http://www.objectivi...ndpost&p=130781

Dennis,

Correct. There's no reason to have a special thread on that dude here on OL, especially if it is being discussed on another.

I will see if I can move the posts over to there.

Michael

EDIT: I did it! For those who wish to know, the topic I merged with this thread started with Post 58, then included Post 61 before my post here.

Letting personal bias get in the way is hardly objective.

No critique of Jabba’s latest endeavor can be anything other than personally motivated. From the moment you click on it you’re looking at Raphael and listening to Tchaikovsky, if you’re not already value-swooning by the time his glittering fireworks show of a monologue begins, there’s something wrong with your mental faculties, or worse, your soul. Cheap shots, to the effect that the great one needs to consult a dictionary, ugh, just evul. OTOH, it may be that he has his own dictionary, noting all the new words he makes up.

I admit to a bias against Perigo.

I would need to see some serious attempt at redemption before that bias disappears. And I don't see anything like it.

So I trust him just as much as I trust any fanatical ideologue who seeks to become a personality cult.

I want to say, like fanatical jihadists, but that's not accurate.

I do not trust Objectivist Liar and Hater Lindsay Perigo in the manner that I don't trust CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations) or Feisal Abdul Rauf of the Ground Zero mosque project.

Perigo tries to sound like a violent jihadist, but he acts sleazy like those dudes.

Michael

Someone should alert Pigero's brash, hillbilly fag-hag/producer, Lady Dildo Slapper Regina Majesty, or whatever he calls her, to bring her sheep shears and do some serious "manscaping" on him before he steps in front of a camera again.

J

Just because I have her pamela-anderson-20070619-272095.jpg on speed dial??

Let's hope he's passed out. He is toying with my terror now, sending coded messages. That girl is a Canadian.I turned on the computer this morning and this topic had 666 readers - the NUMBER OF THE BEAST. I hurried trembling to work, averting my eyes from the Donut Hut though I was hungry.

I am no longer afraid of Rumsfeld because DH has probably eaten him by now,since he's served his purpose.And I know the Hoff would never hurt a fly since he could not reach one. I'm still scared of Diana Hsieh though, more than ever, but who isn't.

One good sign, no goats or elk on the road.

"And I know the Hoff would never hurt a fly since he could not reach one. I'm still scared of Diana Hsieh though, more than ever, but who isn't."

Hee hee hee!

That's exactly what we wanted you to think...even the elks and goats are in on it!

cackling into the horrid void!

Edited by Selene

Just because I have her (insufficient memory to display photo again) on speed dial??

Let's hope he's passed out. He is toying with my terror now, sending coded messages. That girl is a Canadian.I turned on the computer this morning and this topic had 666 readers - the NUMBER OF THE BEAST. I hurried trembling to work, averting my eyes from the Donut Hut though I was hungry.

I am no longer afraid of Rumsfeld because DH has probably eaten him by now,since he's served his purpose.And I know the Hoff would never hurt a fly since he could not reach one. I'm still scared of Diana Hsieh though, more than ever, but who isn't.

One good sign, no goats or elk on the road.

pamela-anderson-faux-chicken.jpg

“Never had a Rummyburger, before. Thanks, Hoff. Delicious! What did you say was in it?”

Edited by Dennis Hardin

I lost the thread when he talked about somebody's "hatequarters"

Don’t forget "goblinism". Ugh, he has his own lingo. And it sounds as bad as it reads.

Actually I just thought it was the way he pronounced headquarters. Has he written hatequarters on SOLO? If not I want to trademark it and make everybody use it and pay me for using it.I'll give you a discount rate.

Don't forget "goblinism". Ugh, he has his own lingo. And it sounds as bad as it reads.

Actually I just thought it was the way he pronounced headquarters. Has he written hatequarters on SOLO? If not I want to trademark it and make everybody use it and pay me for using it.I'll give you a discount rate.

The open /e/ sound of dead and mess is raised to the open /i/ sound of did and miss. So, if he is just speaking with an accent, rather than intentionally engaging in wordplay, headquarters should sound like hidquarters, not hatequarters. If someone wants to give me the time index I'll listen to him, but I am not going to listen to the whole damn thing again.

Don't forget "goblinism". Ugh, he has his own lingo. And it sounds as bad as it reads.

The open /e/ sound of dead and mess is raised to the open /i/ sound of did and miss. So, if he is just speaking with an accent, rather than intentionally engaging in wordplay, headquarters should sound like hidquarters, not hatequarters. If someone wants to give me the time index I'll listen to him, but I am not going to listen to the whole damn thing again.

Thanks Ted. Don't know the time index but it was in the interview, very short time into it.

Can you tell an Australian accent from an NZ one when you hear it? I can't, and can tell South African from either very seldom. We don't have many much-different regional accents in central Canada so don't get much listening practice I guess.

He wrote that response to his first show from "the mainstream" had all been positive. The mainstream of what? Objectivism, or NZ rightwingers or NZ mainstreamers in the media?

If someone wants to give me the time index I'll listen to him, but I am not going to listen to the whole damn thing again.

Zap to 5:35

The transcript (link below) reads “headquarters”, though it does sound more like “hate quarters”, particularly because his “d” sounds too much like a “t”.

http://www.solopassion.com/node/8381

Letting personal bias get in the way is hardly objective.

No critique of Jabba’s latest endeavor can be anything other than personally motivated. From the moment you click on it you’re looking at Raphael and listening to Tchaikovsky, if you’re not already value-swooning by the time his glittering fireworks show of a monologue begins, there’s something wrong with your mental faculties, or worse, your soul. Cheap shots, to the effect that the great one needs to consult a dictionary, ugh, just evul. OTOH, it may be that he has his own dictionary, noting all the new words he makes up.

When Lindsay was on the radio with his politically incorrect show, some years ago now, he had a very large following. It was large enough that due to his campaign against the Government broadcasting fee he'd rallied enough people against it that the Government dropped it. He also had a huge hand in raising the libertarian vote for the Libertarianz party by getting a lot of people switched on to libertarianism. You might not personally like the guy, or his style, but what he's doing here is a damn positive thing.