What's the diff?

From CNN: Here’s what Gingrich said at Cornerstone Church on Sunday evening, according to Politico:

"I have two grandchildren: Maggie is 11; Robert is 9," Gingrich said at Cornerstone Church here. "I am convinced that if we do not decisively win the struggle over the nature of America, by the time they're my age they will be in a secular atheist country, potentially one dominated by radical Islamists and with no understanding of what it once meant to be an American."

So which is it: a secular atheist country or a radical Islamist country?

Bob:

These are the two (2) paths that he, as a bona fide futurist, sees this country arriving at in fifty (50) years.

I could add one or two more depressing paths, but essentially, we will certainly not be an even pale Constitutional Republic.

Adam

Edited by Selene

From CNN: Here’s what Gingrich said at Cornerstone Church on Sunday evening, according to Politico:

"I have two grandchildren: Maggie is 11; Robert is 9," Gingrich said at Cornerstone Church here. "I am convinced that if we do not decisively win the struggle over the nature of America, by the time they're my age they will be in a secular atheist country, potentially one dominated by radical Islamists and with no understanding of what it once meant to be an American."

So which is it: a secular atheist country or a radical Islamist country?

Good catch.

This is an example of NO DEFINITION (an atheist only differs from a radical Islamist if they are defined differently (and in this case, correctly)). In other words, Gingrich doesn't know his premises from his pants.

If he holds the idea that America is somehow "chosen by god" then one could just as easily make the argument that, because those radical Islamists he speaks of will certainly think of themselves as "chosen by god," they must know "what it once meant to be an American."

Drivel like this is easy when one ignores premises/reason/reality.

Mike