MADD woman gets DUI

algernonsidney

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/marion_alachua/022511-former-president-of-madd-arrested-for-dui

Yes, a woman who was once president of Mothers Against Drunk Driving has been arrested for....

That's right. She has been arrested for DUI. Two breathalyzer tests gave readings of .234 and .239.

This is the group that worked to lower the limit for DUI. They also were a big factor in getting drinking ages raised to 21 from 18.

It's a MADD world out there. And there are dangerous MADD people out there on the road. Watch out!

http://www.myfoxorla...rrested-for-dui

Yes, a woman who was once president of Mothers Against Drunk Driving has been arrested for....

That's right. She has been arrested for DUI. Two breathalyzer tests gave readings of .234 and .239.

This is the group that worked to lower the limit for DUI. They also were a big factor in getting drinking ages raised to 21 from 18.

It's a MADD world out there. And there are dangerous MADD people out there on the road. Watch out!

Those readings are three times the limit. Lowering the limit to .8 from 10.0 meant that more law enforcement is devoted to the low end drinker while the high end is where the real carnage is going on. In Arizona they'll throw the book at you for any DUI, even the first time. While I don't drink and drive I can safely drive with a drink or two, going by what I did decades ago ever so often. Once I had a beer and went flying in the right seat of my friend's small plane. I pretended I was the pilot in command. The impression I got was that I was always behind the airplane. I didn't scan the instruments enough or interpret them correctly. I didn't look outside the plane enough. There was a distorted seat-of-the-pants feel, Etc.

--Brant