Revolution in Tunisia

Libertarian Muslim

The United States is "enabling" perpetual war by continuous injudicious use of force in the most volatile region of the world. Most, if not only mainly, young men are naturally deposed to warriorhood so they rise up and fight when poked by a stick. True, their religion helps enable them but you cannot attack the religion and its symbols directly without generally making the problem bigger and worse--like the U.S. has been doing since 9/11. Anybody notice how much the world is going 1984ish?

--Brant

Jeff Riggenbach got 9/11 more right than I did over nine years ago, not that I was so much wrong myself, but the record is gone with Atlantis thanks to Jimmy Wails

True, their religion helps enable them but you cannot attack the religion and its symbols directly without generally making the problem bigger and worse--like the U.S. has been doing since 9/11. Anybody notice how much the world is going 1984ish?

Making a mockery of whackjob religions (Scientology for example) is a very effective tool to expose their nonsense. The same is true of Islamonutjobs, and yes we might need to be prepared for reprisal, but lack of courage is no excuse.

Bob

If there is a movement for freedom then it's only a glimmer of a movement.

Let the Supreme Mufti's forces vanquish the evil now washing over Egypt. The Islamists must be stopped! Wiig and his One True Islam brigade, fueled by righteousness and Truth, demand we get behind Mubarak and put down the terrorists . . .

Look at these Islamists calling for the subjugation of the West; resist the call to destroy our only hope, Mubarak!!

Everything else is just macho-sounding hot air. It does nothing in reality except waste the time of people who actually do stuff.

I loathe genocide, so I opt for the second.

And if you can not break through their unreason, then what?

I will bet a bushel and a peck that you believe anyone is open to the blandishments of reason. You are wrong. Some people are radically blind to reason by way of their unreason.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I knew when I said "people like you" that I didn't know your stance on those who held the cartoons on high, but I took a wild stab that you probably would have. You come across as PC enough to be capable of it. I still put you in the league of those who are enabling Islam.

If you think Michael Stuart Kelly is into Political Correctness you are truly ignorant, both of MSK himself and of this site.

Robert Campbell

Everything else is just macho-sounding hot air. It does nothing in reality except waste the time of people who actually do stuff.

I loathe genocide, so I opt for the second.

I will bet a bushel and a peck that you believe anyone is open to the blandishments of reason. You are wrong. Some people are radically blind to reason by way of their unreason.

Mom!

--Brant

Bob,

We have talked about this before.

The intellectuals do the intellectual part. The military has to do the military part.

So long as the issue is ideas, that is the intellectual part. Once it is force, that part becomes military.

As to unreason, so long as a person eschews bullying as a means of convincing others, I don't care what he thinks.

But I have found that most people are good underneath and they are approachable to discussing ideas.

All you have to do is encourage them to think for themselves and stop listening to their ringleaders. It's a slow process at times, but not always.

Michael

If you think Michael Stuart Kelly is into Political Correctness you are truly ignorant, both of MSK himself and of this site.

Robert,

I got a chuckle out of that, myself.

But I admit, it's kinda cool to see you speaking up.

Thanks.

Michael

Well yes, I am ignorant of Michael Stuart Kelly, just as he is ignorant of me. However, his spying of bigots behind every statement against Islam speaks to me of PC'ness.