The logic of conspiracy nuts (or should I say LOLgic)

John Tate

From an MSN conversation with an old highschool friend. I am Australian and the town we were raised in was recently ravaged by bushfires (translation into American: wild fires).

John says: I might start my own conspiracy theory that Rudd was out lighting the fires for the lulz and subculture dollahs

Trevor says: yeah i was starting to think it was government persons starting them

John says: hahaha well you will be the type of moron my conspiracy will cash in on.

The guy is into the whole "9/11 was an inside job" movement. His comment kinda was funny in how it shows the bent logic of these conspiracy nuts whom in assessing a bunch of fires immediately blame the Government. Funnily enough these type of people always think more government is an appropriate solution.

What I sarcastically propose doing is nothing less than what Alex Jones actually does. Why profit from stupidity via religion when you can do it via ignorance in general?

Share your encounters with conspiracy nuts and their LOLgic here for us all to laugh at.

There's conspiracy theory, then there is conspiracy fact. It requires some research and fact checking to know the difference, and that's where people miss it. It's not a black/white situation.

There is also analyzing every situation with the premise that the Government probably did it and filtering out all the facts that stand against that notion and accepting all the ones that do. That is the essence of the conspiracy loon. I have friends that have become so distant from reality in the midst of last years torrent of "New World Order" films and the Zeitgeist movement that they should probably be put into a psychiatric hospital. Only that would simply convince them that they are hospitalized for dissent.

Another friend I had who gradually became a conspiracy nut was surprising because of his intelligence but I can see why. The guy never had many friends and not much of a social life. When he started getting into "truth" movements he started finding groups with people that would accept his critical attitude. Soon enough he had friends and he is bound to be a conspiracy nut for life. Ah, what life was like before social networking.

Guys:

I am not at all certain that the number of conspiracy adherents per capita is any larger today than the 1950's or '60's, my gut tells me they are much more numerous today.

I attribute this to the lack of teaching of rhetoric, argumentation, debate and critical thinking both at home and in the "school" system. This glaring weakness in folks today fits well into the traditional:

a) selective retention of information;

B) selective distortion of information;

c) the True Believer mentality; and

d) the hands on social networking of social movements.

I remember the testimony of some poor schnook who testified in front of HUAC and basically his testimony was he was at the Communist Cell meeting so he could get laid by his girlfriend who was a dedicated Communist. lol

Adam

From an MSN conversation with an old highschool friend. I am Australian and the town we were raised in was recently ravaged by bushfires (translation into American: wild fires).
John says: I might start my own conspiracy theory that Rudd was out lighting the fires for the lulz and subculture dollahs

Trevor says: yeah i was starting to think it was government persons starting them

John says: hahaha well you will be the type of moron my conspiracy will cash in on.

The guy is into the whole "9/11 was an inside job" movement. His comment kinda was funny in how it shows the bent logic of these conspiracy nuts whom in assessing a bunch of fires immediately blame the Government. Funnily enough these type of people always think more government is an appropriate solution.

What I sarcastically propose doing is nothing less than what Alex Jones actually does. Why profit from stupidity via religion when you can do it via ignorance in general?

Share your encounters with conspiracy nuts and their LOLgic here for us all to laugh at.

There is a conspiracy fact which fuels many conspiracy theories: the infamous Reichstag Fire. That was a deliberate pretext event done by the Nazis to further justify their war against the Jews.

This unfortunate fact fueled the theory that the Oklahoma City bombing of 1995 was a government operation. Ditto for the 1993 attack against the WTC and finally 9/11. It never fails. The Government Did It (or was it the Jews?).

Ba'al Chatzaf

My conspiracy self thinks the Jews are the Government! lol :rolleyes::lol:

There is a wonderful conspiracy theory that can never be disproved (therefore by conspiracy theory logic must be true). It goes like this: FDR deliberately let the attack on Pearl Harbor happen. The fact the the aircraft carriers were not in the harbor on the morning of Dec. 7, 1941 is proof positive that FDR and his chums deliberately sacrificed the Pacific Fleet to get into a war against Japan.

Never mind that FDR saw the main enemy as Nazi Germany and he made every possible effort on this side of neutrality to help Great Britain fight the Nazi threat. Never mind that until early 1944, 85 percent of material and personel allocation was for the war in Europe. Until then we were fighting Japan with one hand tied behind our back. It was the war in Europe that FDR wanted, not the Pacific war.

As to the carriers, until the Battle of the Coral Sea, American naval doctrine made the battleship the main instrument of war at sea. But the Japanese pretty well savaged the battleship fleet so the U.S. had to build task forces around the carriers. In a very short time the U.S. adapted the same doctrine of naval warfare that the Japanese had formulated for several years prior. Until the attack at Pearl Harb, the carriers were seen primarily as reconaissance and tactical air cover (CAP), not a major force de frappe. The U.S. force fought it first major carrier based battle at Midway. The combatants hever were within plain sight of each other. The point is that at the time of the Pearl Harbor attack, carriers were seen as secondary to battleships (the old doctrine). Hence the absence of the carriers from Pearl Harbor is not part of a sinister plot. They were sent out to do recon work.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Oh, there's definitely New World Order/Globalist elite folks, that is plain to see if you hunker down and do the work. And they bear watching, just like any douchebag that is money-empowered to that level. The problem is how you want to deal with that reality. I roomied with an over-the-top conspiracy guy for awhile, very, very smart guy... Thing was, I just can't imagine living with that constant mindset. It made him distrustful of people in general, and he would just randomly engage people about related topics, which did make them think, but more importantly, he came off loonier than he really is. I just say there are definite facts, verifiable evidences (Alex Jones' site documents extremely well, for the most part), but you have to do it yourself, if so inclined. Most people knee jerk at the topic en masse, which is a mistake. There are things there, a lot of things, but how far you want to connect the dots is up to you.

Oh, there's definitely New World Order/Globalist elite folks, that is plain to see if you hunker down and do the work. And they bear watching, just like any douchebag that is money-empowered to that level. The problem is how you want to deal with that reality. I roomied with an over-the-top conspiracy guy for awhile, very, very smart guy... Thing was, I just can't imagine living with that constant mindset. It made him distrustful of people in general, and he would just randomly engage people about related topics, which did make them think, but more importantly, he came off loonier than he really is. I just say there are definite facts, verifiable evidences (Alex Jones' site documents extremely well, for the most part), but you have to do it yourself, if so inclined. Most people knee jerk at the topic en masse, which is a mistake. There are things there, a lot of things, but how far you want to connect the dots is up to you.

Yeah I used to ascribe to these insane New World Order movements myself. I wouldn't dismiss that something is seriously suspicious with how the Bilderberg group operates. A lot of people who think there is some evil plot planned behind closed doors by those groups naturally hate Atlas Shrugged and consider it the Illuminati blueprint for a New World Order. These groups are a strange incantation of the New Left and consider anything private to be sinister. Just ask your old friend what he thinks of Ayn Rand, it is probably along the lines of what I am saying.

Personally, if there is some elite plot that Alex Jones is so brilliant at uncovering why isn't he dead? Seriously, why wouldn't they just poison him and induce a heart attack?

Anyone heard of The Venus Project? It is quite a laugh. Basically a fringe documentary went around saying capitalism, communism, etc, are evil and that the solution is we live in an advanced society where machines shelther, clothe, and feed us, to live a life of leisure. It makes me laugh because hell, open source can hardly work, let alone become our personal serf. The Venus Project loons definition of slavery is that we must produce something in order to survive.

The Dark Side of the New World Order conspiracy is a concoction from France and Russia, to wit, -The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion- which is a plagiarism of a French work done in 1864. In any case this has produced one of the most vicious and persistent memes ever. Whever your picnic is spoiled by ants or rainstorm, blame the Jews. Whenever the economy goes South, blame the Jews. etc. etc. etc.

-The Protocols- translated into Arabic is one of the best sellers in the Islamic world. This feeds into their Nasty Meme, the War of Islam on the Dar al Harb. And so it goes.

Ba'al Chatzaf

• Thanks 1