King of Kings

This movie has both Ayn Rand and Frank O'Connor. Frank as a Roman soldier and Ayn as one of Mary Madaglen's attendants. It will be on TCM the 23rd. It will start midnight EST.

Edited by Chris Grieb

According to Michael Paxton's documentary, she isn't onscreen. Some archival searching turned up a still, which is in Paxton's movie. Don't know about Frank. The fact remains that this is where they met.

Years ago I remember Mary Ann Sures saying that you could see Miss Rand in some shots. Mrs. Sures said it was very hard to find Frank.

The role of Jesus Christ was played by H B Warner who had a tough time getting work after he did the part. He however does appear in It's a Wonderful Life as the druggist who George Bailey stops from filling the wrong prescription. H B Warner also appeared in Sunset Boulevard.

Years ago I remember Mary Ann Sures saying that you could see Miss Rand in some shots. Mrs. Sures said it was very hard to find Frank.

The role of Jesus Christ was played by H B Warner who had a tough time getting work after he did the part. He however does appear in It's a Wonderful Life as the druggist who George Bailey stops from filling the wrong prescription. H B Warner also appeared in Sunset Boulevard.

He also appeared in "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington", a great movie and Mr. Deeds Goes to Town.

Watching it now. Cecil B DeM was BIG. So was Ayn Rand! Never mind the religion. Oh, BTW, when Jesus chased the money lenders out of the temple he provided moral justification for Marxism and the destruction of class enemies. It wasn't just that Christianity provided the institutional basis for individualism whereas even kings had to knell before God, just like everyone else. Mass murder, too!?

--Brant

Edited by Brant Gaede

This movie has both Ayn Rand and Frank O'Connor. Frank as a Roman soldier and Ayn as one of Mary Madaglen's attendants. It will be on TCM the 23rd. It will start midnight EST.

Hey, please don't clutter up my inbox with mail claiming I misspell words like 'noone' which is a legitimate contraction and then let me find you can't spell 'Magdalene' properly.

:-P