Who Hates Americans?

Barbara Branden

I've waited ten days — after the non-event — to see if any of several posters here could manage to admit their having been taken in by what was, all along, a transparent piece of disinformation.

And whether any of them might offer regrets, at least, for propagating an outright, vicious smear of a prominent libertarian who possesses and displays genuine integrity.

It's become clear that I expected far too much, among people professing a concern for justice. So it goes.

Steve,

If you have a beef, it's with Barbara. Work it out with her.

--Brant

Let me say this about Ron Paul running for President: When you run for President of the United States--seriously run--it is not the shit that is flung at you, it is how you respond to the shit. I don't care how "decent" he is or how much "integrity" he has, he wants to be the most powerful man ever on earth! If he doesn't give solid evidence that he has a mind and a notion on how to protect the United States from deadly enemies he thinks are there only because the U.S. pokes them with a stick then _____ him! Let him run for the PTA if he wants decency! His "integrity" is worthless.

--Brant

Edited by Brant Gaede

I've waited ten days — after the non-event — to see if any of several posters here could manage to admit their having been taken in by what was, all along, a transparent piece of disinformation.

And whether any of them might offer regrets, at least, for propagating an outright, vicious smear of a prominent libertarian who possesses and displays genuine integrity.

It's become clear that I expected far too much, among people professing a concern for justice. So it goes.

Then trust me! In my heart of hearts I don't give a shit about Justice. I prefer Revenge and I say so. I have discovered the way to reveal the truth about one's self is to leave the warts intact. A face with warts is a True Face. A smooth beautiful face has makeup on it. It is a hidden face or a lying face. I guess that makes me an anti-Romantic.

People who make a point of showing how good and how just they are, are generally liars of the worst kind. They are not only bullshitting you, they are bullshitting themselves.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Steve, I'm sorry I hadn't thought to adapt myself to your schedule, but had you asked me I would have been glad to explain the reason for my delay. I found a letter from David Horowitz that he posted on his site, explaining his regret that he had been taken in by a hoax. I saved it and intended reproducing the post here, but it vanished from my computer, as other things have done lately. But I've been very busy, and although I attempted to find the the post on my computer and then on the Horowitz web site, I have not found it. So I shall have to ask you to take my word for the fact that I did see such a post.

When questions were first raised on this thread casting doubt on the original story, I expressed my regret, saying that if it was not true, then I apologized for posting it. It is not true, and I again wish to express my regret.

You cannot have had me in mind when you mentioned "people professing concern for justice," since I believe I am well known for having a deep concern for justice, which I need not bother professing.

Perhaps it is time. Steve, that you began thinking twice before making accusations ahead of asking any questions. Your post that I quoted above does not do you proud. I think you are a much better man than that.

Barbara