1 to 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil

1 tablespoon cider vinegar

1 garlic clove, minced

1 teaspoon dried thyme

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt

dash pepper

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)

Spinach

1 green onion, finely chopped

1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced

1 to 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil

1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced

1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn

In a bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper; mix well. Spoon over the chicken. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 7 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear.

In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the mushrooms; saute for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add the spinach and saute for 2 minutes or until wilted. Transfer to serving platter; top with chicken.

4 servings

Nutrition: One serving (prepared with a total of 2 tablespoons oil) equals 237 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.

Oh...yes!! Honey, I don't know if I ever told you, but I love chicken! Hmmm. If you make me this dish, what can I do for you?

I'm not much of a meat eater as I've never really cared for the taste, although I do eat it. I don't like fried foods, especially fried chicken. I just could never get over the whole deal of grease dripping from my food. Face all shiny and greasy, fingers and hands all greasy. Yuck. If I do eat chicken, it is 99 percent of the time skinless boneless chicken breast.

Honey, I would make this dish for you without the trade. Plus I am also making it for myself. But if for a trade, hmmm......what's a good trade for ME? Okay, one of the two, you can clean everything up, do dishes, wipe down stove, table, etc., etc., while I relax or a nice back massage would be really nice. Damn, I must be insane. Screw the I'll make it for you without the trade. Hell, I want my massage and NOW. LOL I can clean the mess up the next morning.

Oh...yes!! Honey, I don't know if I ever told you, but I love chicken! Hmmm. If you make me this dish, what can I do for you?

I'm not much of a meat eater as I've never really cared for the taste, although I do eat it. I don't like fried foods, especially fried chicken. I just could never get over the whole deal of grease dripping from my food. Face all shiny and greasy, fingers and hands all greasy. Yuck. If I do eat chicken, it is 99 percent of the time skinless boneless chicken breast.

Honey, I would make this dish for you without the trade. Plus I am also making it for myself. But if for a trade, hmmm......what's a good trade for ME? Okay, one of the two, you can clean everything up, do dishes, wipe down stove, table, etc., etc., while I relax or a nice back massage would be really nice. Damn, I must be insane. Screw the I'll make it for you without the trade. Hell, I want my massage and NOW. LOL I can clean the mess up the next morning.

This might sound funny, but do you know where I had the most delicious fried chicken ever? Kentucky! (No, not KFC). I kid you not! Kentucky! Driving with friends on our way to New Orleans, we were passing threw Kentucky and we stopped off at this place (I can't recall the restaurant) where they made it in such a way that was Hmmm-good!

Honey, massage it is. Dishes in the morning…or the afternoon. :turned:

This might sound funny, but do you know where I had the most delicious fried chicken ever? Kentucky! (No, not KFC). I kid you not! Kentucky! Driving with friends on our way to New Orleans, we were passing threw Kentucky and we stopped off at this place (I can't recall the restaurant) where they made it in such a way that was Hmmm-good!

Honey, massage it is. Dishes in the morning…or the afternoon. :turned:

Hmm....thinking, I stand corrected. I'm not much into meat and don't like fried food, especially fried chicken. But thinking more about this, there is ONLY one place I have eaten where I tried a piece and ultimately liked their fried chicken. I was very surprised. It was very good. The last time I was there was maybe 2 or so weeks ago. Their Island Fried Chicken is very good and you would probably like it. It is heavy, yuck, as fried foods are but not your traditional "fried chicken."

The Loft -- Hawaiian Restaurant

Thanks Angie, This looks really good and is only 5 points for Weight Watchers. I don't know if anyone else reading OL is familiar with WW points, but that is very good, indeed.

I also use those boneless skinless chicken breasts most of the time. I buy them by the box. I buy most of my meats that way from Peapod, an online grocer. What can I say...I am a creature of convenience. I also welcome any opportunity to use organic apple cider vinegar.

Kat

My goodness. Everytime I hear that stereotype that "all black people love fried chicken," I think, "who the eff doesn't like fried chicken?!" Looks as though I've found ya, you blasphemer. :lol:

I love chicken as well. There are just so many ways to prepare it that it never gets old.

Another blasphemer! How dare ye! :lol: I didn't used to love meat so much, and I don't really like that many kinds, but nowadays I CRAVE steak all the time. It makes my mouth water thinking about it. But I like mine very well done, no pink whatsoever. Maybe now I'm making up for all the years that I never ate meat.