Ministry of Truth

Mikee

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-10/senate-quietly-passes-countering-disinformation-and-propaganda-act

Why does this scare the crap out of me?  A corrupt government regulating "truth"?  What could go wrong? 

About all of the mocking the left for "doubling down" after losing the election, they were way overconfident but with good reason.  They plan to remedy their mistake, don't underestimate their ability to deal a knockout blow on the Trump administration, I.E. Block all of his appointments, block his executive privilege, block his reversal of Obama's legacy, and even impeach him.

42 minutes ago, Mikee said:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-10/senate-quietly-passes-countering-disinformation-and-propaganda-act

Why does this scare the crap out of me?  A corrupt government regulating "truth"?  What could go wrong?

The bill spreads the net of the attempt to make "climate change denialism" criminal, along with other nefarious purposes.

Ellen

Government wants to dictate to you what is true and what is false. Nothing wrong with that. It's for your own protection. Who are you to think for yourself? In time you will accept government's ruling on climate change as 'official' and 'approved' and 'accredited' and whatever other holy words you are conditioned to worship. Just like government  dictates to you who is a legit doctor and who is a quack. Who are you to judge doctors by your own faculty of reason, like maybe by how well their patients do? Government liberates you from the responsibility to think for yourself. Government protects you from deception. You should be glad that government cares about you enough to make decisions for you and to enforce them for your own good.

Government cares so much about you that it provides government indoctrination centres public schools and everyone is required to get a government approved education, even if it's home schooling.

Anyone who has a problem with a Ministry of Truth is a terrorist suspect and needs to go to one of them fusion centre places to get their brain programmed according to government specifications.

People like me who are beyond hope need to be eliminated.

6 hours ago, Mikee said:

About all of the mocking the left for "doubling down" after losing the election, they were way overconfident but with good reason.  They plan to remedy their mistake, don't underestimate their ability to deal a knockout blow on the Trump administration, I.E. Block all of his appointments, block his executive privilege, block his reversal of Obama's legacy, and even impeach him.

This is a potential head on collision with the First Amendment.  Governments should not be in on the truth business.  The only point at which determining truth and government action ought to coincide is  in trying libel and slander in equity courts,  and determining allegations of fraud.