The is no Objectve NOW.

BaalChatzaf

37 minutes ago, jts said:

On the principle that there is always a connection between hate and need:

It has been said that God hates sin. Should I infer from that that God needs sin?

To Greg:  Another question based on the connection between hate and need:

Someone has an experience with bedbugs (which can be nasty and hard to get rid of). He says: I hate bedbugs.

Would you infer that he needs bedbugs?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, jts said:

On the principle that there is always a connection between hate and need:

It has been said that God hates sin. Should I infer from that that God needs sin?

A truly insightful question, Jerry... and the answer is most definitely YES. nodder.gif

Sin glorifies God's goodness. If there was no evil... no one would ever know or appreciate what good is. 

In a similar manner, if there was no darkness, no one would know what light is.

Greg

3 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

Evil is good.

--Brant

never would have figured that out on my own

I didn't say that, Brant. You made up that lie all by yourself. 

I said evil is absolutely necessary in order to know what good is and to appreciate it. God didn't create evil. He gave everyone the ability to freely choose between good and evil so that everyone could experience the difference for themselves.

One of the common cries of the secularist godnegating godhaters is the false accusation that God is causing the evil that they freely choose to perpetrate by their own accord.

Godblamers are liars.

Greg

You have to say that because abstract logical thinking for you is even beyond my sarcasm.

--Brant

all your ad hominens are lies for they are (irrationally) deductive not inductive, or ideological from the core, which has been your leitmotif from the beginning qua a strictly religious and proselytizing attitude

10 hours ago, moralist said:

A truly insightful question, Jerry... and the answer is most definitely YES. nodder.gif

Sin glorifies God's goodness. If there was no evil... no one would ever know or appreciate what good is. 

In a similar manner, if there was no darkness, no one would know what light is.

Greg

Now can you answer the question about bedbugs? Someone says: I hate bedbugs. Unpleasant little bloodsuckers. Hard to get rid of. Does he need bedbugs? I have difficulty understanding how anyone needs bedbugs. Again on the principle that hate and need go together.

1 minute ago, jts said:

Now can you answer the question about bedbugs? Someone says: I hate bedbugs. Unpleasant little bloodsuckers. Hard to get rid of. Does he need bedbugs? I have difficulty understanding how anyone needs bedbugs. Again on the principle that hate and need go together.

Proper sanitary habits render bedbugs irrelevant.

People who don't have them don't hate them. :lol:

Greg

29 minutes ago, moralist said:

Proper sanitary habits render bedbugs irrelevant.

People who don't have them don't hate them. :lol:

Greg

The first statement is not correct. A place can be perfectly clean and have bedbugs. Bedbugs feed on blood. No matter how clean a place is, if there is a source of blood, bedbugs can thrive and multiply. In the day they usually hide and they are very good at hiding. At night they come out and suck your blood while you are sleeping.

The second statement is true but doesn't answer the question. Why do people who have them and hate them need them?

Replying to OP:

Einstein proved?  Why do you believe this?  Did you see what Einstein said is true through your own eyes?  If you did, did you give up on rationality by saying nothing exists because it was too hard to untangle the complicatedness of the universe?  Read Atlas Shrugged, A=A.  There is no such thing as absolute relativity.  It is a contradiction.  If things "move slowly at fast speeds" it means they are picking up particles that are binding them, particles too small to see at current.  There are three things in the objective universe: the matrix, the quantum, and their relationships(dimensions).

37 minutes ago, jts said:

The first statement is not correct.

What I said is correct for me... and I can allow for the fact that It may not be correct for you.

The second statement is true but doesn't answer the question. Why do people who have them and hate them need them?

Hating bedbugs can be a good movitator... but only if people realize their hate is a misdirected emotional distraction from their need for better sanitation practices.

Beyond that micro situation... people for whom addiction to anger, offense, outrage, hate, and blame (false accusation) is a way of life need a constant all you can eat buffet of things to hate because it distracts them from seeing they're living wrong.

Every evil act in this world first begins with angrily blaming (falsely accusing) others for the consequences the blamer gets from their own failure to do what's right.

Greg

Who is OP?

--

27 minutes ago, atlashead said:

Replying to OP:

Einstein proved?  Why do you believe this?  Did you see what Einstein said is true through your own eyes?  If you did, did you give up on rationality by saying nothing exists because it was too hard to untangle the complicatedness of the universe?  Read Atlas Shrugged, A=A.  There is no such thing as absolute relativity.  It is a contradiction.  If things "move slowly at fast speeds" it means they are picking up particles that are binding them, particles too small to see at current.  There are three things in the objective universe: the matrix, the quantum, and their relationships(dimensions).

Who is OP?

--Brant

1 hour ago, Brant Gaede said:

You have to say that because abstract logical thinking for you is even beyond my sarcasm.

--Brant

all your ad hominens are lies for they are (irrationally) deductive not inductive, or ideological from the core, which has been your leitmotif from the beginning qua a strictly religious and proselytizing attitude

Regardless of sarcasm, Brant... I directly answered your implication that "evil is good" was my idea.

Greg

No. I didn't think you had any such idea, Greg. That's why the sarcasm. The point I was trying to begin to convey is the good in evil is in the head of the observer, not in the evil, which is the point I'm completing now. I'm laying down bricks, one by one. Whether I lay down any more on this subject is problematic. That I would make this post was also problematic. It depends on what I'm reacting to. On the level of pure physicality a little bit of bad can be good as in an inoculation for smallpox or radiation hormesis. Of course, such good and bad isn't a moral issue so we don't properly call smallpox evil, just "bad." "Evil" would just be for rhetorical punch.

Evil is purely a moral concept. Good is more than that. It takes in moral and not moral. The counterpart for good cooking is not evil cooking, not unless the cook intends to harm someone not named Hitler or the like.

--Brant

logic is secular, btw

1 hour ago, atlashead said:

Replying to OP:

The OP didn't say "proved." He said "showed."

There are mathematical proofs. Science shows, illustrates and demonstrates. No matter how much (necessary) math, science (physics) uses there are no scientific proofs.

--Brant

"Relativity" is a misnomer for the "cosmological constant" which is the speed of light

7 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

The OP didn't say "proved." He said "showed."

There are mathematical proofs. Science shows, illustrates and demonstrates. No matter how much (necessary) math, science (physics) uses there are no scientific proofs.

--Brant

"Relativity" is a misnomer for the "cosmological constant" which is the speed of light

Showing empirically that a prediction made by a theory or hypothesis is  false,  prove that at least one of the assumptions of the theory or hypothesis is false.

Modus Tolens   strikes again. 

Science is funny that way.  One can never prove (in the logical or mathematical sense) that a physical theory is true,  but experiment or observation can prove a physical  theory is false. 

3 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

Einstein's equations compensate for GPS differences on earth vs. satellites.

--Brant

proving--I mean "showing"--something, although not necessarily The Theory of Relativity (except so far)

As of now we don't know  how good General Relativity will fare in a super strong gravitational field.  

5 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

Evil is purely a moral concept.

logic is secular, btw

Evil is more than just a purely abstract intellectual moral concept. It manifests in people's actions in the real world. Only people are capable of evil acts because it is always a free choice. Secularists commonly blame (falsely accuse) God for the evil they do.

Logic is secular only to childish secularists, because in their narcissism they believe the ego flattering lie that they originated it, when in reality they didn't.

Logic is Divine for those who are adult enough to realize the reality that they did not originate It... and can only choose either subjectively agree or disagree with It.

Greg

54 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

Disney knew in 1979:

https://youtu.be/HyULTU9smVQ

and

--Brant

wanna take a trip?

A very poor movie.  Especially the two bit imitation of R2D2. Also in a black hole who would be spaghettified.  The gravitational difference between the part of his body closest to the singularity and furthest from the singularity who stretch him like a piece of taffy. 

28 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

Secularists blaming God--isn't that a contradiction?

--Brant

No.

Angry blame of God lies covered up under a thick layer of intellectual negation because it's far too ugly to acknowledge. 

Greg

59 minutes ago, moralist said:

No.

Angry blame of God lies covered up under a thick layer of intellectual negation because it's far too ugly to acknowledge. 

Greg

All I can say to that is you say God and I say reality.

--Brant

and secularism is Marxism--and/or what?