The is no Objectve NOW.

BaalChatzaf

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

Considering the factual and logical messes you produce, maybe you really are a government plant.

Ellen

Ellen, I'm quite content with the results of following my own common sense. For by following it, I avoided wasting my life in your do-nothing liberal government public union employee parasite infested roach motel education system. And instead, used my valuable time learning real lessons out in the real world of business because that's where a man develops his character. Today I'm a happy healthy productive financially independent free market private sector businessman...

...and all without needing any help from your liberal government bureaucracy.

Greg

5 hours ago, moralist said:

Ellen, I'm quite content with the results of following my own common sense. For by following it, I avoided wasting my life in your do-nothing liberal government public union employee parasite infested roach motel education system. And instead, used my valuable time learning real lessons out in the real world of business because that's where a man develops his character. Today I'm a happy healthy productive financially independent free market private sector businessman...

...and all without needing any help from your liberal government bureaucracy.

Greg

Both you and Bob are like one-legged men hopping about on the wonder of it all.

--Brant

8 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

Both you and Bob are like one-legged men hopping about on the wonder of it all.

--Brant

I don't hop, Brant....

... I ride. :)

_DSC8979-Edit.jpg

Been a biker for over 50 years and it's just as much fun today as when I was a kid. And that's my Suzuki which is an absolute ball riding through the steep winding canyon roads where I live. I've put over 33,000 happy miles on it since it was new.

Greg

14 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

No tread?

--Brant

They're Bridgestone sportbike tires. The centers are hard rubber for long wear on the straights, while the edges are sticky rubber for good adhesion while cornering. I shortened the forks and rear suspension to lower the center of gravity so the bike sticks like crazy glue on the tight twisty canyon roads and is no end of fun to ride. I custom built the exhaust and tuned it to ehnahce low rpm torque which produces excellent gas mileage. It consistently averages over 70 mpg.

IMG_8132_zps12dc4de7.jpg

It's called a supermoto. That's a dirt bike with wide sportbike rims and oversized tires.

Greg

On 12/22/2016 at 1:23 PM, moralist said:

I don't hop, Brant....

_DSC8979-Edit.jpg

Been a biker for over 50 years and it's just as much fun today as when I was a kid. And that's my Suzuki which is an absolute ball riding through the steep winding canyon roads where I live. I've put over 33,000 happy miles on it since it was new.

Greg

Is that shot anywhere near Tail of the Dragon? (318 miles of curves in 11 miles) The objective (now) is to keep the rubber side down. Here is a demonstration of the coefficient of friction.

https://www.facebook.com/geoff.adkisson/videos/vb.100000452830549/842673152424438/

16 minutes ago, turkeyfoot said:

Is that shot anywhere near Tail of the Dragon? (318 miles of curves in 11 miles) The objective (now) is to keep the rubber side down. Here is a demonstration of the coefficient of friction.

https://www.facebook.com/geoff.adkisson/videos/vb.100000452830549/842673152424438/

I believe the Tail of the Dragon is in another state. This place is called The Snake and is located inland from Malibu, California.

maxresdefault.jpg

Image result for the snake mulholland highway california

This is the Rock Store just before The Snake on Mullholland Highway.

IMG_1846.jpg

It's been one of the most popular California biker hangouts for around 60 years. Sometimes Jay Leno drops by there riding some of the most unusual bikes in the world.

the-rock-store-mulholland-collage.jpg

Just about every Sunday the place is packed because it's good riding weather here just about all year round.

On December 22, 2016 at 11:23 AM, moralist said:

I don't hop, Brant....

_DSC8979-Edit.jpg

Greg

Lookin' good, Greg. Nice ride.

I ride the first North American CBR, the '87 600F HURRICANE and the first N.A. VFR, the '86 750F INTERCEPTOR.

Stay safe. And ask for real pants and boots for Christmas. Jesus Saves, but not hips and ankles from fast tarmac.

5 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

A Harley guy told me you're riding a "Crotch Rocket."

--Brant

never seen a Harley rider who wasn't over-weight

And the passenger usually even more so.

And no riding skills whatsoever and no pulling aside for or even awareness of the dozen or so vehicles lined up behind their slow ass. Harley riders are slower than the work trucks, slower than the Subaru Outbacks, and slower, downhill, than the cyclists. They ride, so they're brothers, but oh boy, I wish they stayed home more.

A word about Greg's illogic here:

Precisely the people who would have been targeted by the "disinformation" ploy for silencing climate dissenters are those who aren't "under [the government's] thumb."  Consider the earlier method using RICO rulings and IRS audits:  The primary targets have been places like CEI and Heartland, organizations which are privately funded.

Similarly, the likely first targets of an attempt to criminalize via a charge of "disinformation" would be Watts Up with That?, Climate Depot, and other anti-alarmist sites.

As to Greg's implicit factual presumptions, they're erroneous, but since he's merely stating his opinion - his usual escape clause - facts are irrelevant.

Ellen

57 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

A word about Greg's illogic here:

Precisely the people who would have been targeted by the "disinformation" ploy for silencing climate dissenters are those who aren't "under [the government's] thumb."  Consider the earlier method using RICO rulings and IRS audits:  The primary targets have been places like CEI and Heartland, organizations which are privately funded.

Similarly, the likely first targets of an attempt to criminalize via a charge of "disinformation" would be Watts Up with That?, Climate Depot, and other anti-alarmist sites.

As to Greg's implicit factual presumptions, they're erroneous, but since he's merely stating his opinion - his usual escape clause - facts are irrelevant.

Ellen

He rides Suzuki, so you can't expect too much. ?

On 12/20/2016 at 0:54 AM, moralist said:

No, Ellen. That is not what I meant. It's self deception to fraudulently play the innocent helpless victim of a self inflicted situation.

The instant you take employment, grants, benefits and the like from your government, you have already chosen to put yourself under its thumb and have already granted that thumb the right to press down upon you to make you behave as it wishes. Everything the government offers to give to you has strings attached to it. And anyone who takes becomes it's little puppet that can only dance to its tune. And that's by your own free choice.

In my opinion you made a sucker's deal.  

America was designed by its Founders to reward independent private sector Capitalist producers with the freedom to operate in an ethical universe outside the fraudulent one of the public sector government parasites.

Greg

Well, Ayn Rand would agree with your logic by making the same mistake. She was too binary too. She thought that when you introduced any poison the poison wins ignoring the basic principle of pharmacology that the dose makes the poison. Water can be a poison.

--Brant

"the instant you drink water . . . . "

(Jefferson founded the University of Virginia, I believe)

9 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Atop America's Mountain with the INTERCEPTOR six months ago.

12 miles, 156 turns, 4,700 foot climb for an average grade over 7%.

image_zpswrshjpoi.jpeg

Did the bike get somewhat sluggest at 14,000 ft.?

The bike looks great!

--Brant

2 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

Did the bike get somewhat sluggest at 14,000 ft.?

The bike looks great!

--Brant

Thanks, Brant.

So, O2 concentrations fall smoothly with altitude, and theoretically power should fall smoothly, too. My bikes are no exception to physics and chemistry, power falls - just not smoothly. "Sweet spots" are reached, then lost, then found again. I suppose that she runs a bit lean at a mile high where she lives. Lean meaning, given the breathing she does at a mile high, less than ideal fuel is provided by the carburetors. The fuel/air mix is ok, it works, she runs happily, just a bit on the lean side. As I climb, say to 9,000 feet, the O2 concentrations drop, and a perfect fuel/air mix is stumbled upon, because the lean condition (too much air, or more exactly, too much O2, given the provided fuel) is alleviated. Paradoxically, she runs more happily, and may actually produce more power at the higher altitude than she was producing down the hill. She sings around 9,000 - 10,000 feet. Can't measure actual power output and impressions are unreliable, but what is certain is that the fuel/air mix is sweet there, and she screams to redline like an opera singer, happy, happy, happy, no coughs, no hiccups. All my favorite riding is around this altitude, so I am happy with it.

Climbing further, there is a bad "UNsweet spot" around 12,000 feet. She doesn't like that altitude. I have to stay above or below 5k - 7k rpm because she chokes and coughs, she gets so verklempt, and the only fix is to downshift and spin her motor faster, like about 10k rpm (no redline 'til 12k rpm.)

Then, through 13 and 14,000 feet she runs great, she sings again, and loss of power is notable.

Who knows what's behind all those performance changes. Air box intake shape, varying air flow to said box at varying air densities, and there are four carburetors and they can't be the same as each other after 30 years, they probably each have their own sweet altitudes. And  four cylinders, (she's a V4) each achieving different compression ratios and responding differently to dynamic atmospheric conditions.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 5:57 PM, Ellen Stuttle said:

Precisely the people who would have been targeted by the "disinformation" ploy for silencing climate dissenters are those who aren't "under [the government's] thumb."

Ellen, if you can be targeted by your government... you're already under their thumb! :lol:

Jeez... what a fool.

I have absolutely no sympathy for suckers who freely choose to make deals with their government out of their own need for what it offers to them (employment benefits insurance loans grants healthcare... whatever)...

...and then try to play the helpless innocent victim of government oppression.

You chose to make a deal with your government out of your own need for what it offered to you...

...and so you dance to its tune as the puppet you fully deserve to be.

Greg