Conspiracy theories and Conspiracy theorists

The 7 Worst Examples of Fake News From the Mainstream Media by John Hawkins Posted: Dec 10, 2016 12:01 AM.

1) Newsweek’s Flushing The Koran Story: “The shakily-sourced May 9 Newsweek report that interrogators had desecrated a Koran at Guantanamo Bay is likely to do more damage to the U.S. than the Abu Ghraib prison scandals.

Since the story was published, there has been outrage and mayhem in much of the Muslim world. Demonstrations erupted in Pakistan after Imran Khan, a former cricket player and now opposition political figure, read sections from the article at a press conference. Riots broke out throughout Afghanistan, mobs attacked government and aid-organization offices, and 15 people have died so far. Anti-American demonstrations have taken place from North Africa to Indonesia.

Meanwhile, in the face of Pentagon denials, Newsweek has begun backtracking. Newsweek seemed to have had doubts about the report from the beginning, since it ran it not as a straight news story but as a squiblet in the “Periscope” section. Now, in the May 23 issue, editor Mark Whitaker admits that its sourcing was suspect and stated, “We regret that we got any part of our story wrong and extend our sympathies to victims of the violence and to the U.S. soldiers caught in its midst.” Even if Newsweek publishes a full retraction, the damage is done. Much of the Muslim world will regard it merely as a cover-up and feel reconfirmed in the view that America is at war with Islam. It will undercut the U.S., including in Afghanistan and Iraq, far more than Abu Ghraib did. “We can understand torturing prisoners, no matter how repulsive,” Newsweek quotes one Pakistani saying, “but insulting the Qur’an is like torturing all Muslims.”

2) Rathergate: “CBS had an unreliable, mentally unstable man with a grudge against George Bush giving them copies of documents that he claimed were received from a person no one has been able to prove exists. Moreover, the documents, which were supposed to have been created on a typewriter in the early seventies, were written in the exact same font as Microsoft Word, which is on half the computers in America.

In other words, Dan Rather and CBS wanted to help John Kerry win the election so badly that they got scammed by a tall tale that wouldn’t have fooled the average pimply faced high school journalist...” 3) NBC And CNN Lying About The George Zimmerman Tape: “We mentioned the other day how during a Today Show segment NBC had edited the 911 phone call of George Zimmerman, the man who shot and killed Trayvon Martin. The edited version made him sound like a racial profiler.

Here's the transcript of the audio NBC played:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

Here's the actual transcript:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.

“NBC isn’t the only network slinking away from overcooking the case against George Zimmerman’s alleged racism. On the March 21 edition of Anderson Cooper 360, a CNN audio expert enhanced Zimmerman's 9-1-1 call and suggested he had used a racial slur, 'f--ing coon,' as he was following Trayvon Martin. Reporter Gary Tuchman asserted: 'It certainly sounds like that word to me.'

...Two weeks later on the same show on April 4, CNN re-assessed the tape with another CNN expert, and now felt it suggests George Zimmerman was just chilly, muttering the words ‘f--ing cold’ under his breath. Tuchman explained: ‘The reason some say that would be relevant is because it was unseasonably cold in Florida that night and raining.’ Oopsy.  

...Oddly, on other CNN programs, they’re declaring the word could be ‘punks’ instead of ‘cold.’ With this kind of analysis, if Zimmerman were charged, it would be tough to talk a jury into reading Zimmerman’s mind. CNN can’t seem to do it.”

4) NBC’s Phony Exploding GM Truck: “Dateline's report on Nov. 17 featured 14 min. of balanced debate, capped by 57 seconds of crash footage that explosively showed how the gas tanks of certain old GM trucks could catch fire in a sideways collision.

Following a tip, GM hired detectives, searched 22 junkyards for 18 hours, and found evidence to debunk almost every aspect of the crash sequence. Last week, in a devastating press conference, GM showed that the conflagration was rigged, its causes misattributed, its severity overstated and other facts distorted. Two crucial errors: NBC said the truck's gas tank had ruptured, yet an X ray showed it hadn't; NBC consultants set off explosive miniature rockets beneath the truck split seconds before the crash -- yet no one told the viewers.

There was plenty of sarcastic speculation about what happened between Monday afternoon, when NBC was defiantly dismissing GM's charges, and Tuesday morning, when it drafted an abject apology largely on GM's terms. NBC News president Michael Gartner says he simply realized that he had goofed by speaking first and asking questions later: ''The more I learned, the worse it got. Ultimately I was troubled by almost every aspect of the crash. I knew we had to apologize….

But most journalists and, for that matter, most news consumers seemed to agree with former NBC News president Reuven Frank, who said, ''This is the worst black eye NBC News has suffered in my experience, which goes back to 1950.'' How could NBC go so far wrong? One veteran correspondent was not surprised. ''The whole atmosphere'' has been so competitive and overeager, he said, that the network was ''an accident waiting to happen. “

5) The Jayson Blair Scandal At The New York Times: “The New York Times is to be commended for ferreting out Jayson Blair, the reporter recently discovered making up facts, plagiarizing other news organizations and lying about nonexistent trips and interviews. A newspaper that employs Maureen Dowd can't have had an easy time settling on Blair as the scapegoat. Blair's record of inaccuracies, lies and distortions made him a candidate for either immediate dismissal or his own regular column on the op-ed page.

....’The Times offered him a slot in an internship program that was then being used in large part to help the paper diversify its newsroom.’

....The Times not only expressly took race into account, but also put Blair's race above everything – accuracy, credibility and the paper's reputation. It hired a kid barely out of college. In fact, it turns out he was not yet out of college. He had no professional journalistic experience, except at the Times. He screwed up over and over again and the paper had to print 50 corrections to articles he'd written.

Despite all this, Blair was repeatedly published on the front page, promoted and sent love notes from the editor in chief, Howell Raines. Ignoring the warnings of a few intrepid whistleblowers, top management kept assigning Blair to bigger stories in new departments without alerting the editors to Blair's history because – as Raines said – it would ‘stigmatize’ him.”

6) The Rolling Stone Rape Story:Rolling Stone crossed the line in its now-retracted story about sexual assault on the campus of the University of Virginia. Now, it will have to pay.

A jury on Friday found that the magazine had committed defamation against a former UVA associate dean, who had been portrayed negatively in the article ‘A Rape on Campus.’ Wenner Media, the owner of Rolling Stone, as well as the author of the story were also found liable.

The jury also said that the author, Sabrina Rubin Erdely, committed actual malice — an important decision that means the author either reported something knowing it was false or recklessly disregarded whether something was true or false.

...The article, published in November 2014, instantly drew widespread attention for its graphic depiction of a sexual assault committed by numerous people against a woman at a fraternity party. The article went on to allege that university administrators, the associate dean in particular, had not responded to the situation. The story was lauded as a realistic portrayal of a problem that has only recently become visible a college campuses across the country.

The admiration was short lived. Other journalists began to investigate some parts of the story and found inconsistencies. Rolling Stone eventually corrected and then entirely retracted the article.”

7) Hands Up, Don’t Shoot: "Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke criticized liberal hysterics about fake news on Tuesday, pointing out that liberal journalists ought to take a good look in the mirror over their reporting on the 2014 death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri .

The outspoken critic of Black Lives Matter argued on Twitter that ‘Fake news’ was born in August 2014 in Ferguson MO. when MSNBC, the New York Times and the Washington Post ‘all propagated the Hands up, Don’t shoot lie.'

Liberal journalists and activists spread far and wide the myth that Michael Brown had his hands up before being gunned down by police officer Darren Wilson. That claim was the origin of the Black Lives Matter movement and eventually lead to violent rioting in Ferguson

The facts of the case showed the ‘Hands up don’t shoot’ claim to be false and that Wilson was justified in shooting Brown."

Who likes Pizza?

21 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
22 hours ago, william.scherk said:

That such things as child sexual abuse exist, we agree.  That such are heinous crimes, we agree.  That law enforcement should give priority to, and work in concert to investigate allegations of such crimes is agreed.  That child-abduction, missing children, serial sexual predators exist, yes. That pedophiles exist, yes. That pedophiles act on their urges and so commit crimes, yes. That pedophiles generally seek the shadows, yes. That they may 'network' with other would-be and active criminals, yes. 

That the ruling class could possibly be involved in pedophilia [...] no.

<banter>

That is a nifty remark.  We can point to the 'cover-up' of some real crimes. We can acknowledge the general truth that 'the ruling class' has harboured or protected or interfered with investigations -- and we can point to and discuss particulars. For example, the Mount Cashel scandal in Canada, the aboriginal residential schools scandal.  We can point to criminal activity within sports -- here we have the Sheldon Kennedy case in junior hockey.  We can look at the Jerry Sandusky scandal for how one 'cover-up' failed..

We can point outside North American shores to the Rolf Harris, Jimmy Savile cases -- where a celebrity was able to prey on child victims under cover.  We can point to the Westminster affair where there was a grotesque 'protection' cover thrown over investigations into criminal behaviour.  We can point to a current sexual abuse scandal roiling the soccer world in the UK, freshly uncovered.  

In other words, we can find instances, evidence of 'ruling class' people involved in child sexual abuse. And we can dig out the details.

What marks out all these cases are former secrets, secrets held, secrets dispelled. What also can mark them out is that there are criminal and civil complainants. In all these cases there were witnesses/victims who bravely broke the silence and served to crack open the secrecy -- complainants, real human victims.

The Pizzagate! schmozzle and freakout has no credible witnesses, no complainants. Not a single person has come forward to make a plain accusation that Comet Pizza Pong was where he or she was abused (or 'processed'). 

I urge more diligent research. Follow the links above on Moral Panic. Do some homework, use a Randian, not a Mystical frame of reference  Ask oneself how  the earlier Satanic Panics played out.  Ask oneself about the probability of  false accusations. 

If I assert that an Event B proves the reality of Event X, then the argument has a big sucking sound in the middle.   The epistemic foundations are fudge. 

</banter>

"Conspiracy X happened, and here are the details (yadda blah words).  So ... suspected Conspiracy G must also have happened.  That is logical.  Things happen, so this thing must have happened. Simple. Rape occurs the world over. Thus this second-hand allegation about particular Rape V must be true. Lojick. Burp."

"They are in power, and you are not.  They are in control and you are not.  They are eating your (well, other people's) children. They are Statanists and Must Be Stopped."

Edited by william.scherk
Fudge recipes. Recipes for epistemic fudge

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

... we can point to and discuss particulars. For example, the Mount Cashel scandal in Canada, the aboriginal residential schools scandal.  We can point to criminal activity within sports -- here we have the Sheldon Kennedy case in junior hockey.  We can look at the Jerry Sandusky scandal for how one 'cover-up' failed..

We can point outside North American shores to the Rolf Harris, Jimmy Savile cases -- where a celebrity was able to prey on child victims under cover.  We can point to the Westminster affair where there was a grotesque 'protection' cover thrown over investigations into criminal behaviour.  We can point to a current sexual abuse scandal roiling the soccer world in the UK, freshly uncovered.  

William,

I noticed you left out Jeffrey Epstein.

:evil: 

Oh, how I would love for his video archive to get out into the public. You want proof and particulars? You might get more particulars than you want to see.

:)

So why hasn't Epstein been nailed except for one little bitty thing? Well, let's see. Let me go into my tin-foil-hat conspiracy theory mode. When a guy has a plane and constantly takes the rich and powerful all over the place in it for free, when he has a compound on an island where he takes them a lot, where that compound has an ongoing turnover of a lot of attractive underage kids who are specifically recruited to go there, where he tapes hidden videos all over the friggin' place... and all those pesky emails and records... hmmmmm...

(btw - This plane and island thing is called by conspiracy theorists "The Lolita Express." :)

Oh... it's just my imagination. That has to be it. My tin foil hat is picking up signals from the Saturn lizard people or sumpin'. The rich and powerful would never do anything like that hints at, and then cover it up, would it? I mean, blackmail is just a word, not a thing, right?

"Conspiracy X happened, and here are the details (yadda blah words).  So ... suspected Conspiracy G must also have happened.  That is logical.  Things happen, so this thing must have happened. Simple. Rape occurs the world over. Thus this second-hand allegation about particular Rape V must be true. Lojick. Burp."

I prefer this one: "Person (place) X is accused of Conspiracy X, and here are the details (yadda blah words). Yet Person (place) X is being slandered (yadda blah words). So ... likely Conspiracy G among the rich and powerful must also have never have happened. That is logical. People accuse one small thing falsely, so this other large thing must never have happened. Simple. Conspiracy theories occur the world over. Thus this second-hand accusation about particular Person (place) X must mean nothing of the like could ever be true about the rich and powerful, especially not Conspiracy G, and especially regarding political people on the side I like. Lojick. Burp."

In other words, let's talk only about the particular, shall we? And let's see if we can mold the media to talk only about one specific particular, shall we? Then let's call on Popper with his falsifiability to say this disproves the case for everyone else, shall we?

:evil:  :) 

Michael

22 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
23 hours ago, william.scherk said:

That such things as child sexual abuse exist, we agree.  That such are heinous crimes, we agree.  That law enforcement should give priority to, and work in concert to investigate allegations of such crimes is agreed.  That child-abduction, missing children, serial sexual predators exist, yes. That pedophiles exist, yes. That pedophiles act on their urges and so commit crimes, yes. That pedophiles generally seek the shadows, yes. That they may 'network' with other would-be and active criminals, yes. 

That the ruling class could possibly be involved in pedophilia [...] no.

<banter>

That is a nifty remark.  We can point to the 'cover-up' of some real crimes. [crimes, cover-ups, child sexual abuse, current cases, etc at length, oops didn't mention under-age procurement of Epstein or Berlusconi. Which invalidates the whole argument, amirite?]

What is alleged to have happened at Comet Ping Pong?  What crime is purported to have taken place?  Who is asserting which claim here?

Guilt-by-association. Guilt by analogy. Guilt by presumption of guilt. Guilt by imaginative what-ifs ... Guilt by pareidolia.

Michael, we run the risk of coddling nonsense.   I'm not ready to accept that you do not understand the arguments I have made nor grant simple points I have made -- to advance inquiry.  It would be disquieting if I believed you haven't probed -- independently -- a possible role of Moral Panic in gestation of rumour/hysteria.  If it looks to some skeptical inquirers that a variant urban legend/ghost story is being elaborated, is that skepticism dishonest, immoral, naive, blindered?

I bet you could assemble a charitable version of my argument that makes sense to you, even if you disagree with it. Otherwise I would be left with the (I hope incorrect) impression that my arguments and questions don't make sense to you at all on this issue. That would be uncanny. That would be like you had been bewitched ...

W5. Who did what when where how ... why we might accept a conspiracy theory even if it does not contain a coherent, concrete story. Who complained about which crime at what time and place, and how was this purported crime accomplished by which conspirators?  Could there be spurious accusation in the mix?

I love Pizza. I love childhood. I studied and lived through a Satanic Panic.  Those are signs of guilt. Jim, Jim, what was his name, rhymes with tea or Rose of Sharon?  He is all over this Pizzagate. All. Over. It.

Let's come back after the break with the Five Strongest Pieces of Evidence .... that Pizzagate is true. Stay tuned.

[in the meantime, a random grab of two among the highest rated of today's Youtube Pizzagate videos:]

Crazypants. 

Next!

Full kook boogie town.

I'm not ready to accept that you do not understand the arguments I have made nor grant simple points I have made -- to advance inquiry.  It would be disquieting if I believed you haven't probed -- independently -- a possible role of Moral Panic in gestation of rumour/hysteria.

William,

I do agree that there is an element of moral panic based on the Christianity you so despise (religious belief is the true scapegoat, right?) and the appeal to Satan. 

I do not believe this moral panic is the root of the issue, though, despite random videos of the fringe you post. Granted, good and evil is the root, but not a red demon with horns and a pitchfork versus an old man in white robes with a beard in the sky. I believe actual pedophilia is that root, plus weird evil-looking power and vanity trips by the powerful, and the normal revulsion against all this by everyday people. And, of course, the defensiveness of those who are on the receiving end of the accusations and proof.

I know I would be defensive if a credible threat of exposing Trump as a pedophile existed. That defensiveness would not be my only reaction, but it would probably be my first one, and a strong one at that. I can only imagine what life would look like for those who are enamored of progressive ideals only to find out that the main poster-people for them are pedophiles and weirdos for real. I understand this defensiveness.

That's why I'm not sure "to advance inquiry" is the only thing operating in this discussion.

(btw - Did I mention Jeffrey Epstein? :evil:  :) )

btw - I think Pizzagate is a speck in a huge story that involves people on all political sides of the ruling class, not just leftist progressives. Is that particular story about Comet Ping Pong true or false? By now, after so much spin by everybody, it depends on which story we are talking about. But, ultimately, this is a puff issue to prompt bickering and hog media attention. Comet Ping Pong is just not that important in the larger picture. Like I said, it's a speck (actually a speck on a speck.) The ONLY objective thing it serves is as a diversionary tactic for those who want the bigger story to go away.

As to using reason where and when it counts, I don't know if you recall, but I defended a person wrongly accused of pedophilia right here on OL--and against a lot of backstage pressure to stop (allegedly for the good of the forum and my own reputation). It's the thread where I apologized to Jim Peron. I know for a fact that thread made a difference, and a good one.

That gives me the street creds to hang with the alt right for a bit if I believe they are onto something.

And I do believe they are onto something...

Michael

Fake News

The funny part:

Hillary Clinton the other day:

Rush Limbaugh responds:

Now the not so funny part (from Zero Hedge today):

Senate Quietly Passes The "Countering Disinformation And Propaganda Act"

I think Trump is going to get into office right in the nick of time. 

There's some cognitive dissonance, though. I have no doubt President Obama is going to sign this thing, but look at the power he is going to give to the incoming President Trump.

What on earth is he thinking?

Michael

49 mentions of Pizza in the Podesta emails!  Out of 150,000 documents! Check it out.

19 hours ago, william.scherk said:
21 hours ago, william.scherk said:
On 12/9/2016 at 2:05 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

the ruling class could possibly be involved in pedophilia [...] no.

<banter>

That is a nifty remark.  We can point to the 'cover-up' of some real crimes. [crimes, cover-ups, child sexual abuse, current cases, etc at length, oops didn't mention under-age procurement of Epstein or Berlusconi. Which invalidates the whole argument, amirite?]

What is alleged to have happened at Comet Ping Pong?  What crime is purported to have taken place?  Who is asserting which claim here?

The guy has a long reference list at this Youtube page.  He plods through all the material put forth as strongest evidence of a child sex trafficking cult hub having operated at Comet Ping Pong.

58 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

49 mentions of Pizza in the Podesta emails!  Out of 150,000 documents!

William,

I haven't seen the video yet, but I got a chuckle out of your comment.

Here, let me rework it for another context.

49 stabbings of random strangers at the mall!  Out of 150,000 people passing by!

:evil:  :) 

Maybe statistics is not the best basis for mockery here.

Michael

Pitfalls of argument by analogy** ... ? 

The video above is a good frame of reference for me, as it compels questions as it goes, rather than persuading to a preformed conclusion.

So, a mention of "pizza" from the email correspondence and attachments revealed by Wikileaks, or rather separate 'hits' for a key-word "pizza." And a suggestion to "check it out"  from me.  And I even got that wrong: 7 hits for documents containing both words cheese and pizza,  149 hits for pizza alone. The link to the search form: link to search form.  And a screenshot from the theory analysis video.   Start around 23:00ish to follow along.

00pizza.png

21 hours ago, william.scherk said:

W5. Who did what when where how ... [...] Who complained about which crime at what time and place, and how was this purported crime accomplished by which conspirators?  Could there be spurious accusation in the mix? [..]

Let's come back after the break with the Five Strongest Pieces of Evidence .... that Pizzagate is true. 

-- I am going to give John Lordan's video another and closer inspection. I think the do-it-yourself tips are good and sound.

In his show, he gets to the basic W5 collected into an accusation:

"emails from John Podesta, long time Clinton
insider, show that a Washington pizza
restaurant is the hub for widespread
trafficking of children for sexual abuse"

Okay, at least some sex trafficking happened at the restaurant, during the time covered by the Wikileaks emails. The named criminals are Alefantis and the two Podesta brothers.

At the mall, they are still looking into the 149 murders, in a way. Since the murders happened at apparently random times and places, and since the murderers are not known associates of the dead, and since no murder was caught by any security camera or personnel and since no one of the 47,000 visitors caught a glimpse of the murderous cult, and since there are two pizza restaurants in the mall, our Special Sex Crime Analogy squad is looking into Wikileaks email mentions of pizza for possible connections to the cult that murdered the poor kids at the mall in a cover-up of a ritual sex trafficking scheme that rubbed out the only witnesses who could testify -- the kids themselves. Whew. Shoulda put in some commas there, almost ran out of breath stringing it all together. Ahem. It is believed that international sex cults are probably involved in the analogy, because analogy.

Nightmare logic or dream logic?

Here's the auto-mated caption file extracted from the video. You can search up any of the words you might think should appear. Try "pizza" or try "torture" ... and do try "map" and "handkerchief" ... (Control-F or Command-F)

** Wikipedia blurb:

"Argument from analogy is a special type of inductive argument, whereby perceived similarities are used as a basis to infer some further similarity that has yet to be observed. Analogical reasoning is one of the most common methods by which human beings attempt to understand the world and make decisions."

In the mall, there were crimes. Yes, murders.  A number of them. So, surely you can see that "Murder == Pizza emails" because analogy. 

Okay, here is one of the (creepy/benign/probative/irrelevant to child sex trafficking) pizza and/or cheese email mentions with attached image. Since murder is analogous to pizza emails, it indicates the number of older victims put to death that day by "random" murderers in a mall, no?  The cult has ways, as I am sure you know.

Oh, and one ground rule -- No 'data dumps' or Empiricism. The attachment is this, redacted by me:

02pizza.png

pizza.jpg

Similarly, a mention of "torture" or rather "torture chamber" ... from page after page of results results returned for "torture":

Last night was fun

I read through the whole transcript William posted in the post next above.

It looks as if a couple business owners who are completely innocent of any pedophile-ring connection are having their businesses wrecked by mass hysteria - and one of those business owners (fallout from the other pizza place) is a Muslim immigrant, I suppose a legal immigrant, who voted for Trump.

Ellen

4 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Pitfalls of argument by analogy** ... ? 

William,

You have spent a great deal of time and energy defending a pizza parlor.

It's commendable that you identify with the position the owners are in as much as you do and, if they are being smeared as much as it appears right now, it's a needed job.

But what do you think about the argument people like Alex Jones have that such focus is a misdirection from the real story? That is, the hidden pedophile culture in the ruling class?

btw - Did I ever mention Jeffrey Epstein and the Lolita Express that people like Bill Clinton and his pals used to like to travel on? :evil: :) 

Michael

4 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

Back at ya

Kotben,

LOL...

That's well done editing.

As to the video I posted for you and William, I think the Lizard People held an emergency Bilderberg meeting at Area 51 and decided to zap Facebook with censorship microwaves. Totally scrambled their brains and they turned into zombies.

I had a hell of a time trying to find that video. But you're in luck and find it I did.

Please don't let the Lizard People know about this on Twitter.

Michael

So, the presumption of guilt.  Here is a screenshot from a new and popular video on Youtube, "#PIZZAGATE CONSPIRACY THEORY EXPLAINED!"

00alefantis.png

James Alefantis ... is thought by some people ... to be an adopted name, a pseudonym, an officially-changed name, not a plain old name given to a baby (eg, James Achilles Alefantis).  Some other people believe it is an anagram.  J  a i me les afants.  Fair enough.  Zhem lay zafaw could almost fool a French speaker.  

The phrase, "J'aime les enfants" is French, but it doesn't mean "I love to have sex with children."   It means "I like children" and "I love children" in the senses of varieties of love.  One welcomes children, one takes care of children, one cherishes children, one watches over children as a loving kindness.  Other ways of saying "I like kids," I like little ones," are "j'aime les gosses, les petits." To say "I like (the) young (or the youth)" you can say, "j'aime les jeunes."  

J'ames a l'efantis is gibberish to a French ear.  It sounds Jomzahluhfontees. However. J'aime les éléphants means, "I love Elephants."

In imagination, as an adopted name, the suspect could have taken one on.  Why he didn't choose L'Enfant or Layzon Fontz, my imagination doesn't stretch that far. There is a "creepily meaningful" image on the suspect's social media account, however:

JpF4XF.png

-- see that? The unidentified person in the middle is wearing an "J'Aime L'Enfant" T-shirt, and Jimmy Comet/Alefantis presumably took the photo.  A lot of people are saying that the T-shirt slogan shows Jimmy/James must be all suspect-y of crimes against children.  Why else would he post/repost a photograph of a sleazeball pedophile T-shirt?

Well, no -- wrong question**. The question first should be:  "What does 'J'aime L'Enfant" mean?  

This is speculation, mind, but I think it means "I like/love L'Enfant."  Really?  Yup.  I Heart L'Enfant.  But but but doesn't "L'Enfant" mean The Child?  Yes and no.  There is a famous man called Pierre L'Enfant who drew the urban plan of the District of Columbia, the capital. His name has spawned a few geographical place-names like "L'Enfant Plaza" and even a Metro rail station.

And ohmygod there is a 'cafe-bar' called "L'Enfant," wouldn't you know. And geolocation shows that the photo was taken on the corner that the bar sits on. Oh my goodness, the darkness, the darkness.  A Frenchified cafe-bar.  Or, as the Reddit depiction said:

Pretty blatant pedophiles. Jimmy Comet of Comet Pizza with a shirt that says: "J' ❤ L' Enfants". Ain't that some shit. BLATANT.

Yeah, well, no. No, it isn't Jimmy Comet in the photo. No, it doesn't say I love to fuck children. But don't let that stop any of you zany DIY sleuths.

-- that side trip aside, there is evidence that the suspect James Achilles Alefantis actually had parents named Susan Reid Shoemaker Alefantis and Achilles "Lee" Louis  Alefantis, and a grandmother who died in 2007. Which might mean the cult was grooming Jems for great and awful things as a man. Did I mention that the name Alefantis is found in lists of landings at US immigration ports?  Did I mention it is of Greek origin, and of Italian and Spanish Jewish origin  as well?  Did I mention that James Achilles Elefantis was born on October 24 1974?

To recap: analogy means that Alefantis==ILUVchudrenInBedWithMe, and L'Enfant didn't really like children, but pizza emails==murders, and Smoke from a thousand burning torches indicates a Witch. Suspicion==guilt, 'codes'==child sex ring, hot dog means little boys.  And there are 85,000 zany webpages that will elaborate these notions.  Down just about any road of DYI PI leads to Kook Town, if you want to go there.

Hunting for witches is just one of those things people do when they get riled, because Child Sexual Abuse and Abuse of Power ring all the awful bells.  Witch-hunting is a part of a modern Moral Panic. We have been down these roads before.  

What happens is made-up witchery obscures and invalidates the full scope of crime that is not made-up. Human trafficking. Sexual slavery. Women and underage girls taken in by lures of work or visa and put to work as prostitutes. Children treated as chattel and married off before puberty, given to their rapists as young brides. Just because we are Western and have a panoply of legal and civil bodies dedicated to the welfare of children, we are not emptied of the same sick forces as lawless lands.  

Still looking for the Five Strongest items of Evidence for Pizzagate ... in the meantime, re-Orientation:

Pizzagate_players.jpg

**  questions that assume the answer.

Let's let Alex speak for himself about the recent MSM talking points assault.

(Why did they use Cenk for the goddam thumbnail? Alex sometimes tries to put the sheesh back in cheese. Oh well, cheezy is as sheeshy does... :) )

Don't forget, these are the same MSM people who brought you The Wikileaks Podesta Show where the MSM manufactured fake news in collusion as a calling.

It was like they were on a mission from God Satan or something...

Michael

Regarding Pizzagate, this is getting ugly.

Just not ugly in the manner the mainstream narrative is playing it.

On 12/11/2016 at 7:10 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

But what do you think about the argument people like Alex Jones have that such focus is a misdirection from the real story? That is, the hidden pedophile culture in the ruling class?

btw - Did I ever mention Jeffrey Epstein and the Lolita Express that people like Bill Clinton and his pals used to like to travel on? :evil: :) 

Alex goes into some pretty serious propaganda moves re Pizzagate in the video below. Even Megyn Kelly quoted him out of context--seriously waaaaaaaaay out of context. This was dishonest-level, not just spin-level, and Alex hinted that there is probably a lawsuit coming her way.

Here's what happened. Alex opened one of his radio shows with a shocker (I paraphrase): Hillary Clinton personally murdered and chopped up and raped a lot of kids... pause... But there's a catch. She did it in Syria and Libya since she was responsible for those military operations with all those bombs. That means she's the one responsible for all those deaths.

This is standard anti-war (and anti-Clinton) scorched-earth rhetoric. Maybe a little excessive, but you can read and hear this stuff all over the place. It's in same category as the "Bush lied, people died!" chant about the Iraq war.

Megyn had her team quote that within a report on Pizzagate and dressed it up to strongly imply Alex said Clinton was doing those things to kids in the basement of the pizza parlor.

Now Facebook is coming out saying they are going to have truth censors to bury "fake news," etc., etc., etc. Too bad they are going to use Soros-funded folks and other institutions that were notorious for spreading fakes news themselves (Snopes, ABC News, Poynter, Washington Post, etc.--what could possibly go wrong with those folks monitoring social media?)

In a lot of the recent Pizzagate propaganda campaign, the mainstream media has been targeting Alex Jones specifically, yet he's been bitching about a setup for at least a couple of weeks and, because he smelled a setup, has not covered Pizzagate much.

Well, the setup is starting to unfold. The MSM has laid the groundwork and is now making it's move.

But, as Alex says, he likes to fight back. So since they poked the wild animal, expect a barrage of stuff from him until this story cracks and fizzles just like the Russia hacking thing is currently cracking and fizzling. To start, he's working on a shorter video summary and I will post it once he is done.

Also, he says it's a good thing all those generals (especially the Trump-friendly ones) and other high-level people watch and like his show. He thinks the left (and ruling class folks) crap their pants because of his influence--influence both with the public and with powerful people not in their club.

Life used to be so much easier for the ruling class in the old days...

Michael

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Life used to be so much easier for the ruling class in the old days...

Michael

but Bush did lie and people did die.  

Ba’al wrote, “but Bush did lie and people did die.”

Bah, humbug. What if Sadam were still ruling Iraq? Would things be better now? He had been working on a nuclear device but stopped or shipped it off, and he did have stores of nuclear material. Remember Asimov’s Three Laws of Robotics with the additional Zeroth Law added later? Here is another “zero law.”

From Wikipedia: "The Prime Directive is not just a set of rules. It is a philosophy, and a very correct one. History has proved again and again that whenever mankind interferes with a less developed civilization, no matter how well intentioned that interference may be, the results are invariably disastrous." Jean-Luc Picard in the episode “Symbiosis.” . . . .  In the April 1998 Star Trek: Voyager episode "The Omega Directive," an exception to the Prime Directive was introduced. Starfleet General Order number 0 authorizes a captain to take any and all means necessary to destroy Omega particles. These are artificial particles with destructive capabilities deemed so dangerous that they are to be destroyed at any cost, including interference with any society that creates some.

end quote  

It’s just a hunch, but I have always thought the SciFi scenario of villainous aliens coming to earth was not probable though I suppose the benevolent and child-like alien of the movie “ET,” is also not probable. But IF the civilization in “ET” had been around a long time and had visited many, many worlds, then they could be very forgiving of human foibles. We are capable of so much good, as we embark on our journey into the universe.

Certainly, intelligence and sentience is no guarantee of “goodness” but we do see decent societies, freedom and the hard wired, interaction between mother and child, in many species.  Here is an interesting “conspiracy theory.” Did life generate and arise here on earth through a natural process from inanimate matter with no life before us, or did life come from space? Was the earth “seeded” either naturally or deliberately? And can we humans do the same for the rest of the universe? Should we seed the universe? Will it occur naturally without our interference?   

From: "Dennis May" To: atlantis Subject: ATL: Re: Panspermia Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 14:39:04 -0500: Thanks to R. Christian Ross for finding more links on Panspermia.  The more I read about this subject the more likely I find it that all of space is seeded with primitive life and has been for a very long time.  Those who take issue with the possibility of interstellar Panspermia don't seem to remember that the latest theories of interstellar space have the space between stars populated with tremendous numbers of small dark bodies.  There also seems to be a problem of innumeracy at work even among scientists studying the problem.  Given the resources and proper conditions life will attempt to reproduce geometrically.  It takes a very short amount of time for primitive life forms to generate billions of offspring.  Primitive life forms exist in astronomical numbers and have for at least billions of years.  Combine this with a demonstrated ability to survive hard vacuum and remain dormant for at least a 1/4 billion years. Life doesn't have to plan a proper orbit and search for the ideal place to land in order to spread through the stars.  It only has to try trillions of times.  Those bacteria which have adapted to their space surroundings and reproduced successfully will eventually populate the entire observable universe. Dennis May

end quote

I think I got some of the following info from Dennis, too. Professor Freeman Dyson worked at the independent Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, NJ. (Where Einstein spent his days in the US.) He was speaking on the University of California TV.  He is one of the first modern proponents of the Open Universe Theory. He didn't win a Nobel prize, but many scientists think he deserved it. He was a key developer of the theory of quantum electrodynamics (QED) - a theory for which the Nobel prize was indeed awarded - but a maximum of three researchers may win the prize in a given year. (The award was given in 1965 to Feynman, Schwinger, and Tomonga.) As you may know Dyson's ideas are also the inspiration for Niven's ring world science fiction novels.

Dyson spoke about the origins of life here on earth – how single celled animals evolved, first through symbiosis and synthesis with other life forms, which in turn lead to differentiation and as evolution worked its inexorable magic, to more advanced life forms. The multitudes of ‘impact catastrophes’ that have struck the earth have rewarded the most adaptable species. Luckily for humans we are the most adaptable of all. We will “boldly go, where no one has gone before.”

A big day for life on earth was when it entered the amphibian stage because now life could exploit the land and the air.  Humankind’s current first steps into space are analogous to this amphibian stage. Eventually, we will adapt to space and our little tag along critters, our parasites and symbiotic life forms such as bacteria, will evolve in places with lesser gravity and lesser atmosphere. It is inevitable that earth-life, with or without us, will seed space. The leap from the ocean to land is no greater than the leap from the earth (or the air) into Vacuum.

What is holding back life’s expansion into the universe? Primarily, gravity.  Of the many forces in the universe, gravity is quite special. Gravity is Not entropic. It does not lead to chaos – it is a gathering of matter and carries no disorder with it. However, it also confines life. If life cannot hitch a ride with us, to Mars for example, it will need to first thrive in the uppermost atmosphere and then it will still have gravity to contend with. Life may undoubtedly evolve on a planet but it will eventually seek low gravity and cheap transportation. Scattered and flourishing, non-planet life forms may be bountiful off-planet.

If we are looking for established life, other than our own, in the wrong places, then The Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence (SETI) should be looking in asteroid belts and in comets, avoiding the death trap of gravity, for evolved, intelligent life.

Science Fiction Author, David Brin, (who wrote “Foundation’s Triumph” the Latest And Best sequel to Isaac Asimov’s “Foundation Trilogy - a Harper Torch paperback, $6.99, $9.99 Canadian) of UC San Diego was in the audience and asked an intriguing question. “Would Vacuum Life be observable?”

Professor Dyson replied that it is hard to tell. Out there, around the asteroid belt for example, objects move very slowly in relation to each other. Perhaps their communications systems, evolved over great distances and time, are different from ours, or currently beyond our technology to detect. One thing is for sure. If life is not living in gaseous nebulas or comets at this time, then it will eventually live there, carrying earth DNA. Low gravity and cheap transportation will guarantee that life is seeded throughout this galaxy and throughout the whole universe.

Incidentally, Professor Dyson shocked me with one of his pronouncements. He is an Anarchist!

Peter