Donald Trump

Remember those foolishly posted shots of Biden trying to give a campaign speech on camera but continually muffing it? Machiavelli might say Biden was trying to get President Trump to have a war of words, then suddenly, Sleep Joe would transition into being lucid and informed? Then Biden laid low just to continue being several points ahead while doing little campaigning? Did those strategies work?

From Real Clear Politics. Battle Ground States: North Carolina Biden + 2,  Florida Biden +6,  Wisconsin Biden +6,   Pennsylvania Biden + 7,   Arizona Biden +2  

Betting odds from RCP. 7/16 Biden 59.1. Trump 37.1.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump shook up his campaign staff amid sinking poll numbers less than four months before the election, replacing campaign manager Brad Parscale with veteran GOP operative Bill Stepien.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Remember those foolishly posted shots of Biden trying to give a campaign speech on camera but continually muffing it?

Not really. Do you have a link?

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Machiavelli might say Biden was trying to get President Trump to have a war of words, then suddenly, Sleep Joe would transition into being lucid and informed? Then Biden laid low just to continue being several points ahead while doing little campaigning?

Who knows ... a week is a long time in American presidential politics.  Did you catch Biden's hideous rambling speechifying in Wilmington on Tuesday?

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Did those strategies work?

Who knows ...

1 hour ago, Peter said:

From Real Clear Politics. Battle Ground States: North Carolina Biden + 2,  Florida Biden +6,  Wisconsin Biden +6,   Pennsylvania Biden + 7,   Arizona Biden +2  

[Added link:] https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html

All Polls Are Wrong ... though it can be argued that some polls are indicative "of a moment," but even then, the margins of error needs to be factored in -- along with the real possibility of a "Shy Trump Voter" not responding honestly if reached by a survey.

My personal lukewarm take is that in the three months remaining before actual votes are recorded ... Much. Will. Change.

Sorry William, I don’t have a link for Biden muffing it over and over. Someone collected his podcast footage and spliced it together. I saw it on Fox. Thank goodness I missed Joe’s Wilmington speech.  

W.S. write: My personal lukewarm take is that in the three months remaining before actual votes are recorded ... Much. Will. Change.

Damn. Those periods after the words are so impressive they sting. Staying with the Fox link, like the journalist Juan Williams on “The Five,” you are right a lot, for the wrong reasons. Follow the light of reason, William. Become a Canadian Trump supporter!

You have heard this from me and others: Progressive Americans are dishonest and conniving. Their goal is power and not freedom, prosperity, or the continuation of our founding principles . .  . which are ingenious and WORK. You mentioned that a week is a long time in politics. It is only a long time for President Trump because whatever Biden does will be white washed by three quarters of American journalists. It is so refreshing to see the honest journalists watched many times more than the fruit bats on MSNBC and CNN.

How does Canadian TV report on our President? Ah. I can twist anything back to me. Anchor Nora O’Donnell just came on at 6:30 pm. I still don’t understand why Fox’s Brett Baer doesn’t appear at 6:30 instead of 7pm.

I typed in Canadian, newspapers, Trump and got what?

Hatred for Donald Trump clouds judgment of Canadians By Douglas MacKinnon Contributor Sun., Sept. 8, 2019

Premier infuriated by Trump, says Canada helped US amid 9/11 A Canadian premier of a province that sheltered thousands of stranded American airline passengers after the 9/11 attacks is questioning the humanity of U.S. President Donald Trump after Trump banned the export of N95 protective masks to Canada By  ROB GILLIES Associated Press April 5, 2020, 4:54 PM

From Business Insider via Canadian newspaper. Media Trump Hatred Shows In 92% Negative Coverage Of His Presidency: Study . . . .

20 hours ago, Peter said:

Thank goodness I missed Joe’s Wilmington speech. 

How to assess Biden's senility or mental decay without observation ...

21 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Like you refrain from doing to Trump?

The difference is your candidate really does go in and out of states of dementia, and we all observe it every day. We see it with our own eyes and hear it with our own ears. The whole field dropped out so that this poor guy could be a placeholder for the Party. It is sad what your side do to people without batting an eyelash.

Right here on OL there are plenty of videos of Biden showing signs of mental decay.

I know because I posted many of them myself.

Asking how one can assess Biden's mental decay without observation is like saying the person doesn't read OL.

It's also like asking if you have observed President Trump not complete a sentence or use incorrect grammar. He does that all the time.

Just like Biden goes weird these days all the time. All over the press. Even the fake news media can't contain it. The only reason there is an impression that the examples are fewer than charged is because Biden is not speaking in public that often. But every time he does speak in public, you get more examples. This is true both in all the times I have personally seen him and in what people report.

How many examples does one need to see the pattern and call it a pattern?

Michael

That seems to be where we're headed, though. I'm in Canada so I don't know what our reaction will be, but in the States I feel like we're going to see some sort of separation or secession. One side is going to be more fascistic, marshal law will be enacted somewhere if things keep escalating. I feel those on the right do not want to control those on the left, only to be free from their destruction. Perhaps it will be the left that secedes or initiates the separation, rather than the right.

The main disagreement will not come down to liberty vs government control, it will come down to order vs disorder and the right will be on the side of order. Donald Trump does not strike me as power hungry... The "Trump Is an Authoritarian Weakman" article a while ago was a hilarious leftist attempt at reconciling this apparent truth with their worldview.

• Like 1

This is what cleaning up the environment looks like in practice.

The mayor and state and local (illegitimate) authorities (terrorists) will be swept up also, just not so gently.

A glorious future awaits us if we rid ourselves of all of them, one rented minivan at a time. Patience.

President Trump has done at least two 'rallies' using digital technology. He is live right now. I assume he has some crib notes and somebody with details in the room.

Thanks William, for Trump’s Michigan ad.  When is the real AD blitz going to begin? Biden is continuing to lead . . . in the “projected” Electoral College vote by a lot . . .  and perhaps by “too much,” this early because it is nearly August and not that “early.” I do agree we are in for a surprise as always, and that a week is a long time in a campaign, but it may be time for Team Trump to show some Reagan-esque ads like “It’s morning again in America.” That ad is a beauty. Perhaps someone who is tech savvy get that to show here.  Hint. The narrator sounds like the former President but I don’t think it is him. Peter

From my email. Peter, it’s Sean Spicer. I just read a bombshell new report predicting a Democratic sweep in the House, Senate, and the White House. We're falling behind across the board. Joe Biden is outraising President Trump more than ever before, Chuck Schumer’s Liberals are raising tens of millions, and House Democrats are crushing us month after month. The President's allies -- especially in the House -- need your immediate support.

Notes. From Town and Country. The first presidential debate, when the incumbent President Trump will face off against Joe Biden, will be held on Tuesday, September 29 at the University of Notre Dame in Indiana. The second presidential debate was expected to take place at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor on Thursday, October 15, but in June, the institution withdrew from hosting the event due to health concerns amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Could the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election Be Postponed? Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night — nor a pandemic — has much chance of delaying a presidential election. DAVID MIKKELSON PUBLISHED 17 MARCH 2020

Snopes. The 1984 election was historic. President Ronald Reagan was able to carry 525 electoral votes against Mondale’s meager 13, making it the largest victory margin in a US presidential race ever. So how could we not include the “Morning in America” ad on our list? Also known as “Prouder, Better, Stronger,” the ad was a critical piece of the 1984 U.S. presidential campaign that launched incumbent Ronald Reagan to victory.

On 7/17/2020 at 3:05 PM, william.scherk said:

Hearsay? Of course you are right but there will be more rambling speeches to come. I am just not convinced Biden is as dumb as a nail.

Thanks for your insight, Michael. The first of the year we should be Oxford vaccinated.  Too bad it is not before election day.   

Fox just showed President Trump saying , What do you wanna do? Name Fort Bragg, Fort All Sharpton? From a 12 to an 8 percent deficit President Trump is everywhere, speaking in his usual, candid manner. What will happen on voting day Real Clear Politics?

Masks and distance will be utilized . . . but will people who had the Coronavirus vote? Will there be write in voting? Who are they more likely to vote for? Will this sickly, sleepy, coughing segment of the population sway the election? Will voters be temperature checked at the door and be denied entry? If either candidate gets but survives the virus will their vote be higher because of that?

If I have or had the virus I think I would welcome write in voting or voting in person at an open tent site.

On 7/14/2020 at 11:23 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
On 7/8/2020 at 11:24 AM, Jon Letendre said:

Kanye running isn't complicated.

And now it looks like he's out.

It seems like he is on a manic high. 

President Trump with Chris Wallace of FoxNews, via FactBase.

3 hours ago, william.scherk said:

President Trump with Chris Wallace of FoxNews, via FactBase.

William,

The left is cheering and crowing because of a word gotcha Wallace did over Biden's support for defunding the police. (The word "defund" did not appear in a document President Trump referred to, although other words did that mean the same thing.)

On the other side, here is how that interview landed. The American Thinker is a pretty good site for a taking temperature:

Chris Wallace, the Brian Stelter of Fox News, interviews President Trump

🙂

The way this is landing with Trump supporters is that Trump is fearless and will talk to anybody no matter how ill-intentioned they are, not the way the anti-Trumpers are seeing it, that Wallace has wounded the dragon.

When undecideds look at this and ultimately realize that Biden could never and would never do an equivalent interview, one with, say, Rush Limbaugh or some other prominent conservative interviewer, it won't take them long to conclude that this is because Biden is not up to the task.

Which side does that favor in their minds at voting time. Hmmmmmm?...

🙂 

Michael

8 hours ago, william.scherk said:

It seems like he is on a manic high. 

William,

That's what it seems like.

Others might say he's a performer who knows his audience.

And others might even say he's brilliant at moving the Overton Window in the black community. He's already injected Christianity back into the mainstream conversation among blacks. 

Have you noticed that Kanye always comes out on top no matter how many outrageous things he does and then people say he's done for? 

Does that remind you of anyone?

Let me give you a hint. His last name starts with "T".

🙂 

In this particular case, what is the absolute worst that could happen to Kanye? He won't be allowed to run in 2020? Some people in the press will say he's gone too far this time? That he's mentally ill?

Heh.

Meanwhile, what about that new album and all the free publicity as his new hits keep on popping?

Not to mention real-time feedback from testing the waters for 2024 if that's what he's really doing.

As people tut tut tut and say he's done for, he's laughing all the way to the bank. And taking a long stream of followers right behind him, like the Pied Piper, on his journey into traditional American-style freedom values.

On the anti-Kanye side, I would have misgivings about him being President, not because I don't think he can handle the job. He keeps too many profit-making and culture-changing balls spinning without falling to be only what his public image seems like. So I am pretty sure he can handle politicians and the military just fine. Even foreign leaders. 

My misgivings are about the implications of his personal commitment to Christianity. On one side, I think it's great he embraced Christianity as part of his life and show. Love it or hate it, Christianity is one of the all-time best social glues for prosperous countries. On the other, not knowing what's inside his head and going only by what I see in the press, I can easily see him receiving a "message from God" and deciding a Christian theocracy is the vision he must fight for and try to institute. Backed up by guns, of course.

Or maybe not.

But that's something that tickles the sensors on my inner radar.

Michael

On 7/17/2020 at 12:05 PM, william.scherk said:
On 7/16/2020 at 3:35 PM, Peter said:

Thank goodness I missed Joe’s Wilmington speech. 

Watch him like a hawk for the symptoms ...