Donald Trump

1 hour ago, Jon Letendre said:
2 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Bush and Romney are drug cartel owners.

You think it funny that respected men in suits own the cartels and not the short fat thin-mustached greasy guys with no shirt who "eluded the police of the world for decades" who were the actual billionaires behind it all?

I laugh at your warrantless claim. 

On 6/27/2018 at 5:03 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

But I won't be betting any money on Sowell's presidential predictions.

:) 

I don't even remember what article he wrote for that National Embarrassment, but, at this point, I doubt he wants it remembered as one of his finest hours...

Betting Odds Data

Betting Odds

Date

Biden

Trump

Spread

RCP Average

6/8

Biden +7.1

Betfair

June 8th

Biden +13

Bovada

June 8th

Biden +1

Bwin

June 8th

Biden +7

Smarkets

June 8th

Biden +9

SpreadEx

June 8th

Biden +10

Unibet

June 8th

Biden +3

Vbet

June 8th

Biden +7

Five months out and these are the Real Clear Politics odds as of June 9, 2020. What does Vegas know? Care to bet on El Presidente?  Peter

On 11/4/2019 at 12:56 PM, Jonathan said:

Have any of you checked in on Dr. Comrade Sonia lately?

She has drifted substantially from objectivity and rationality.

If you read enough of her tweets and retweets, certain patterns emerge, and take on psychologically revelatory significance, and I it think lends some perspective to her oddly public behavior over the years.

Who hurt you so badly, Dr. Comrade?

J

With lust in her heart.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-tweets-conspiracy-theory-buffalo-protester-police-officers/story?id=71150154

OANN did a piece, as far as I know,  taking apart the innocence of the 75 yr old demonstrator in Buffalo.

Leaving aside the feint push.

He was filmed talking with the photographer who later filmed his fall.

He was waving his phone near the holstered gun of the leo.

He tweeted F the police. He was on an anarchist website.

His name is Martin Gugina.

Heres a piece echoing OANN news. https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/06/06/buffalo-officials-duped-by-professional-antifa-provocateur-arrest-

In other news......OANN filed a defamation suit against R Madcow. An Obama appointed judge found her comment saying OANN is a communist network news, to be a personal opinion, she's not a journalist an entertainer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jon Letendre said:

With lust in her heart.

Jon,

Elitist to the core. Always was.

Even when she pissed off Peikoff & Co. and lost her claim to Objectivism fame.

I have several other observations about her that leave me mildly curious, but nothing nails it yet.

Besides, I want to think about other things that are relevant to my life. She isn't.

So, for me, I'll leave it at this:

Not my kind of people.

If anyone wants to talk about her, though, have at it. 

Michael

13 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Besides, I want to think about other things that are relevant to my life. She isn't.

Let me amend that.

I only thought of this just now. Diana's personality is a very good template for a Randian-like villain for my fiction-writing. Not the Toohey type. More like the Lillian Rearden type--just switch out phony love and replace it with phony friendship and the throughline beats are similar. Not all friends, just prominent people she targets for damage (like Lillian did with Hank). With lust in her heart, at that. 🙂 

So there. Nobody is useless. Diana might work as a template for me. Granted, that's not much, but at least it's relevant to my life.

🙂 

Michael

She seems to genuinely struggle with some things, which she shares on her Twitter, and over which I genuinely feel for her. Depressive days, for example. Great fear during the height of the Scamdemic. It is especially hard to watch knowing as I do that the side she so energetically supports is responsible for affecting so many hundreds of millions of people around the world the way she was affected.

Unrelated, we both live in Colorado. There is a sweet little slopestyle bicycle park with pump tracks and whoop-de-doo sequencesin her town. I took my daughters there when they were like 10 and 12. We earlier descended Boreas Pass on bicycle and my girls were calling it Boring Ass Pass and then they were impatient at the bike park so I only got to ride it a little. The ones in my towns are better anyway.

"n order to ferret out any underlying philosophical causes of these systemic problems at TOC, I also re-read... Truth and Toleration, for the first time in 10 years. .... strong disagreement with critical elements of the arguments on almost every issue: moral judgment, tolerance, sanction, and Objectivism as an open system. None of my disagreements are minor. All seem to bear upon... disturbing trajectory over the years. But I regard the last, that Objectivism is an "open system," as the most widely misunderstood, deeply flawed, and practically dangerous of the lot -- and as the basic source of my own unhappiness....." 2004

10 Years after and 10 yrs since. Boy, what a decade flying Solo makes.

Just a cursory reading makes note of how far the once mighty public intellectuals have fallen.

On 6/12/2020 at 4:52 PM, Jon Letendre said:

She seems to genuinely struggle with some things, which she shares on her Twitter, and over which I genuinely feel for her. Depressive days, for example. Great fear during the height of the Scamdemic. It is especially hard to watch knowing as I do that the side she so energetically supports is responsible for affecting so many hundreds of millions of people around the world the way she was affected.

Jon,

I hear you about feeling sorry for Diana. I used to feel for her myself since she is very good at expressing hurt feelings and vulnerability. Part of my initial interest in her was that empathy and the feeling she was honestly trying to grapple with ideas.

I changed when I saw her trash innocent people without mercy or any consideration of fairness, both personally and idea-wise. She can switch to full outrage feather on a dime and she has shown every sign of liking it. The devastation she has left behind doesn't exist for her. At least, I have never seen her try to make things right, even when she later owned up to being wrong.

When she went to ARI and owned up to being wrong big-time (so she believed), she gave lip service to apologizing more or less, but in action, she did nothing. It was all power play. She started by aping Peikoff's form and manner of speaking in his podcasts in her own early podcasts. And it got worse until a few ARI underlings finally threw her out through that weird site they made about 8 or 9 years ago called Checking Premises. She tried to run something Objectivish on her own with email lists and so on, but it floundered and she moved on to other things. (I believe she does athletics or something like that now.)

Back then, if I remember correctly, there were more articles and posts against her on Checking Premises. Now there are a few since a few other topics have been added (mostly stuff by the standard top ARI folks like Peikoff, Binswanger, etc., but also a broadside against Stephen Speicher for some reason). The stuff that remained against Diana is--as I remember it--just as harsh today as it was back then.

At any rate, that empathy you feel for her goes only one way, from you to her. It will never go back in your direction even if she should run over you and your bike with a truck--by accident or otherwise.

Michael

President Trump did his first rally for the 2020 election tonight in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

The venue was about 2/3 full, which surprised me owing to the news that over one million people sought tickets and the venue held 20,000 people.

Something went on behind the scenes and it probably wasn't good security-wise. Trump mentioned "some very bad people out there" during his speech and it was clear he was referring to threats re the rally. But he didn't clarify.

Regardless, 2/3 of 20k is still over 13,000 people. Not bad for a rally in the middle of a pandemic with 100% of the mainstream press against it. 🙂

And President Trump killed it.

He comes on at about 34:08.

After the bombardment of coronavirus and black issues over the last few weeks, I think President Trump single-handedly--in this one rally--moved the Overton Window back toward pride in America.

As red meat for the press to talk about for the next three weeks, President Trump said that anyone who burned an American flag should go to jail for one year. He repeated this emphatically, too.

Of course, he knows this isn't possible, but man is it going to get people talking. And it focuses the issue on the pride of productive Americans instead of the rights of disgruntled people who want to spit on America. That is going to resonate and spread like wildfire and the legality of it burns itself out without anyone even realizing it.

On the light side, he told the story of his experience at West Point with himself as the fall guy and the mainstream press as the villain. It was quite funny. And long. And the crowd ate it up. Talk about bonding...

I bet the Biden people are shitting their pants right now. President Trump opened his rhetorical fire hard on Biden and it was the kind of stuff that sticks in the mind of listeners. He was giving a preview of what Biden had coming down the road and it wasn't pretty. There is no way Biden can stand up to this kind of public roasting.

At the end, President Trump said he has done more in less than four years for the black community than Biden did in over 47 years in Washington. And he listed his accomplishments while listing Biden's support of things that harmed the blacks. If this point starts to get debated in the mainstream, it will only hurt one person with the blacks--Biden. It will cause some serious damage, too. In fact it already is causing damage to Biden's black support.

Michael

10 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The venue was about 2/3 full, which surprised me owing to the news that over one million people sought tickets and the venue held 20,000 people.

Apparently this is what happened.

So they used bots to game interest in attendance through a new social media platform called TikTok, which, incidentally, is Chinese. And it looks like they set this up though video-conferences on Zoom, which is also Chinese.

The problem is why?

This was not millions of teens as AOC just said. This was a massive troll with video bots. Hell, I even have a bot software for TikTok (which is basically a video clip social media platform, a kind of Twitter for videos). It's called TikVideoCyborg. During the launch it was only 17 bucks for a lifetime account, so I got it to see what it was about, but I haven't messed with it a lot. I know it is great for spamming the hell out of TikTok.

So... Did they gain anything political with this? They're yukking it up right now over their practical joke, but will that result in more or less votes for either candidate?

AOC sure as hell hasn't managed to "rock" Biden's audience attendance numbers with bots.

And Trump supporters certainly are not melting down over this.

In fact, President Trump killed it in his start of his reelection campaign.

For the next rally, his team and his public are going to be looking for social media dirty tricks.

That's about all the AOC folks did.

Well, they did block the entrance so thousands of people outside couldn't get in. That way the fake news media cameras can show some empty seats.

But it's all fake. Real Trump supporters were there. This kind of sabotage will piss them off and make their numbers grow even more than the massive number they are.

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

So they used bots to game interest in attendance through a new social media platform called TikTok, which, incidentally, is Chinese. And it looks like they set this up though video-conferences on Zoom, which is also Chinese.

The problem is why?

This was not millions of teens as AOC just said. This was a massive troll with video bots.

Don't forget that these are the people who want mail-in voting.

Everybody knows why--they want to cheat and win elections fraudulently. But they just showed how easy the how is with Chinese technology.

Michael

12 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Regardless, 2/3 of 20k is still over 13,000 people. Not bad for a rally in the middle of a pandemic with 100% of the mainstream press against it. 🙂

I've heard the number was between 6 an 7 thousand. It's hard to find out correct info on this.

Apparently another aggravating factor was the temperature tests. Many people were turned away because they were too hot. And it was probably not due to a virus, but from standing in the heat for so many hours waiting for the place to open.

They are going to have to address this for future rallies and the sheer amount of time it takes to perform the tests.

Michael