Hezbollah on Mexico

blackhorse

http://www.foxnews.c...llah-in-mexico/

I saw this coming 30 years ago.

I saw this 50 years ago during the Cold War. Mexico is the "soft underbelly" of the United States.

In the movie "Red Dawn" the attack on the U.S. came from Mexico.

Ba'al Chatzaf

http://www.foxnews.c...llah-in-mexico/

I saw this coming 30 years ago.

I saw this 50 years ago during the Cold War. Mexico is the "soft underbelly" of the United States.

In the movie "Red Dawn" the attack on the U.S. came from Mexico.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Cuba. As unbelievable when the movie came out as now.

--Brant

What is this entry about? On the surface and in the text, it is about a charge by North Carolina congresswoman Sue Myrick that the Department of Homeland Security is ignoring "mounting evidence of a Hezbollah presence in Mexico."

The blackhorse masquerading as a honey badger sez "I saw it coming 30 years ago." Fair enough. He saw that the Party of God would try to infiltrate the US (via plants, sleepers, moles) and do terrorist things. He also saw that the security conglomerate of the USA would ignore this threat to America.

So? What to do?

The first thing may be to take her word for it, without doing any premise-checking. Why? Well, FoxNews presents fair and balanced news, Myrick served in the 112th Congress with the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, and she was mayor of Charlotte. According to her website, she was Chairman of the permanent select committee's Subcommittee on Terrorism, Human Intelligence, Analysis, and Counter Intelligence.

While noting that she has no confidence in Homeland Security, she notes several arrests (and a guilty plea) of terror-agents who have been implicated in Hezbollah's (and/or its ally Iran's) illicit activities in Latin America.

Myrick fired off a letter to Secretary of Department of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano, requesting DHS create a task force solely to watch Islamic extremist groups in Mexico. Napolitano said there was no need, saying current intelligence resources were adequate.

Napolitano did admit to Myrick that Hezbollah has a decades-long presence in the tri-border region between Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay, and, "ties to individuals involved in illicit activities in the region."

So, given her distrust of DHS, Myrick is sure that they are not doing the right thing.

Myrick said she is concerned about the hyperbole of the candidates and even the mainstream media solely discussing what is occurring in the Middle East without mentioning potential threats that may be as close as Mexico.

In the end, she says what seems quite reasonable (if you accept that there is plenty of evidence):

“Given the evidence available, it only makes sense that DHS should, at the very least, investigate the presence of Hezbollah along our Southern border, regardless of who is in office,” Myrick said.

And to add to the firmness of the message, here is Myrick herself, from the front page of her website, laying out her priorities, and what she thinks about the Party Of God**:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv1eQ71Aoro

** Yes, this is fallacious, as in 'poisoning the well,' but hey.

Edited by william.scherk