As Wisconsin Goes...So Goes The Nation - Polls Just Closed In The Walker Recall Election...

Then the Democrats should have won all of the State Senate recall contests in the first recall round, since they outspent the Republicans on them.

Total spent by Walker supporters was roughly $30 mil. Total spent by Barrett supporters was roughly $25 mil. Public-employee unions are desperate to ensure that they will still have deep pockets in the future.

Robert Campbell

Then the Democrats should have won all of the State Senate recall contests in the first recall round, since they outspent the Republicans on them.

Total spent by Walker supporters was roughly $30 mil. Total spent by Barrett supporters was roughly $25 mil. Public-employee unions are desperate to ensure that they will still have deep pockets in the future.

Robert Campbell

Total spent by Walker supporters was roughly $30 mil. Total spent by Barrett supporters was roughly $25 mil.

Robert Campbell

I read amounts more disparate - but in Canadian media ($50million for Walker). Not sources to be trusted I suppose .

Real verifiable totals would be of use. SuperPacs are a lawful and (to me) awful fact in America, and data on voter imPACts is of interest to our Conservatives in Canada I am sure!

So Carol.

The folks in Wisconsin who elected O'bama in 2008 by 14% were just dumb and stupid and voted for him because Obama outspent McCain by about 5 to 1 in Wisconsin.

Is this your argument?

And now 3 and 1/2 years later, the same dumb and stupid Wisconsin voters voted for Walker because he spent more money...correct?

It had, and has, absolutely nothing to do with the facts on the ground and the intelligence of the Wisconsin voters. Correct?

They are just dumb hicks and Cheese heads who can be bought any time.

Adam

14% of any electorate may be influenced more by expensive reiteration, yes. I do not say it is a debate position. Most people in Wisconsin, already bitterly divided, probably retained previous views.

14% of any electorate may be influenced more by expensive reiteration, yes. I do not say it is a debate position. Most people in Wisconsin, already bitterly divided, probably retained previous views.

Which previous views? The 14% margin of victory for O'bama and the unions in 2008? Or, the 5% margin for Walker in 2010? Or, the 6% margin for Walker in 2011?

A 19 to 20% swing in three (3) years does not sound like the Wisconsin voters retained their previous views of 2008...looks to me like there was a significant change in opinion despite Walker being outspent in 2010.

Seems that your "argument" lacks any rhyme, reason or rational progression.

Adam

"Dow leaps 286 points, its biggest day of the year..."

http://www.nysun.com/national/stock-market-surge-is-touched-off-by-victory/87851/

"Remember this: Stock owners who make up the massive investor class —roughly 100 million persons — are among those most likely to vote in the November election. That’s what history shows. So a union-rollback, low-tax, limited-government, pro-growth message is just what the investor class wants."

Which previous views? The 14% margin of victory for O'bama and the unions in 2008? Or, the 5% margin for Walker in 2010? Or, the 6% margin for Walker in 2011

A 19 to 20% swing in three (3) years does not sound like the Wisconsin voters retained their previous views of 2008...looks to me like there was a significant change in opinion despite Walker being outspent in 2010.

Adamnce

Was Walker outspent in 2011 and recently in 2012? My impression is private outside financial support is lots more for Walker, not a lot more for unions, since 2010.

Which previous views? The 14% margin of victory for O'bama and the unions in 2008? Or, the 5% margin for Walker in 2010? Or, the 6% margin for Walker in 2011

Adamnce

Was Walker outspent in 2011 and recently in 2012? My impression is private outside financial support is lots more for Walker, not a lot more for unions, since 2010.

Robert Campbell

According to Dr. Campbell, the Democrats outspent Walker forces in the first recall go round.

Second, and this is the dirty little secret that no one wants to discuss, all the SEIU forces and "volunteers" do not get listed as political contributions. I am virtually positive that the value of their in kind volunteer forces and the "street cash" that I personally know gets spread around the week before election day and on election day, is completely unrecorded.

It is the "walking around" money which is easily a $100,000.00 per Congressional District. So when that is taken into account it was at a minimum evenly balanced from a money perspective.

How do you assess and give value to the massively one sided main stream media channels that dominate the airwaves in the television and paper media. The only place that that dominance is reversed is in the talk radio medium.

Adam

Spending a huge amount of money on advertising is no guarantee of success. Advertising is not mind control. People simply aren't so utterly stupid that they are brainwashed by political ads.

Carol:

Maybe the Scott Walker ads also ran in California by mistake?

LOS ANGELES — As Wisconsin residents voted on Tuesday not to recall Gov. Scott Walker — who has become an enemy of labor unions nationwide — two California cities dealt blows of their own to organized labor.

In San Diego and San Jose, voters overwhelmingly approved ballot initiatives designed to help balance ailing municipal budgets by cutting retirement benefits for city workers.

Around 70 percent of San Jose voters favored the pension measure, while 66 percent of San Diego residents supported a similar measure.

"This is really important to our taxpayers," Mayor Chuck Reed of San Jose, said Tuesday night. "We’ll get control over these skyrocketing retirement costs and be able to provide the services they are paying for."

Public employee unions, meanwhile, had fought hard against the two pension reform initiatives.

The San Diego Municipal Employees Association brought an unsuccessful legal challenge in an effort to keep the measure off the ballot, and union leaders said they would continue to challenge the new pension plan in court. **The measure in San Jose will probably face a legal challenge as well.

Michael Zucchet, general manager of the union, said that it had already negotiated pension reforms with the city, and that the plan imposed by the ballot initiative would not save San Diego money. Its proponents, he said, were motivated largely by politics.

“This initiative, in and of itself, saves not one penny,” Mr. Zucchet said.

But the mayors of both cities pushed the pension reforms hard, arguing that changes to city worker pensions were essential to keep municipal budgets in the black.

Jon Coupal, president of the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association, said he hoped the initiatives would provide models for other cities and for the state government, where pension reform efforts have stalled. "The appetite for pension reform in California is huge," Mr. Coupal said.

===================================

** Damn voters and taxpayers, if we can't beat you at the ballot box, then we will get some "progressive" unelected judge to keep you taxpayer slaves in line!!

As a side note, San Diego is a Democratic City and has been trending that way since 2008.

As another side note, San Jose is an overwhelmingly Democratic city.

As Wisconsin voters stood by Governor Scott Walker and his collective bargaining reforms, voters in California--of all places--passed pension reforms by voter initiative in both San Diego and San Jose. It is yet another sign that Americans--even in traditionally liberal states--are rejecting the high-spending, big government, big labor policies of Barack Obama and his labor-dominated Democrats.

In a statement, California GOP Chairman Tom Del Beccaro noted:

The Election results tonight in both California and Wisconsin prove that voters have an appetite for government reform. In
two of California’s largest cities
, voters passed substantial pension reform.
Perhaps most interesting is that this wasn’t a partisan cry for reform; even in a large city such as San Jose which has heavy Democrat registration, taxpayers stood up against union bosses and big government.
Governor Brown and the Democrats in California would be wise to listen to the voters.

Whether Brown--or Obama--will pay attention remains to be seen. But the rest of the country is on the same wavelength.

So Carol, what do you think? Maybe they showed those evil mind controlling Walker commercials in San Jose and San Diego by mistake?

Adam

[media=]

Many of these Hitler "translations" have appeared on YouTube, but some have been taken down, probably because of copyright infringement. This video is especially well done, in terms of content, so watch it while you can.

Ghs

This video is especially well done, in terms of content, so watch it while you can.

Ghs

Excellent! As I was watching and he gets to the line, "And there is only one place left to go." I said out loud..."Kalifornia," in my best Arnold voice...hilarious video...

This video is especially well done, in terms of content, so watch it while you can.

Ghs

Excellent! As I was watching and he gets to the line, "And there is only one place left to go." I said out loud..."Kalifornia," in my best Arnold voice...hilarious video...

My favorite line is when one woman says to another, "He means to say he cares deeply about the children." :laugh:

Ghs

Ghs

My favorite line is when one woman says to another, "He means to say he cares deeply about the children." :laugh:

Ghs

George:

Yes, one of the top three lines in the piece.

It is also one of the typical "wink" "wink" statements that the educational scum will use while they steal the taxpayer blind and continue to consciously dumb down their charges.

And I have been in those rooms where they did not know who I was and how I truly believed about them. I was there "ostensibly representing" a political candidate [for pay] and was able to infiltrate their inner circles.

Adam

May of these Hitler "translations" have appeared on YouTube, but some have been taken down, probably because of copyright infringement. This video is especially well done, in terms of content, so watch it while you can.

Ghs

To say there are scores of these is to understate the matter. The guy who made the movie is delighted at all these Hitlers. If they've been taken down I suspect they came down at the hands of whom put them up otherwise YouTube would have spiked them all.

--Brant

I speak out of ignorance, except for the sentence with "guy" in it--that's the power of deduction for you

Well the dumb bitch Sarah Palin was interviewed by Greta the night of the Wisconsin blowout of the Democratic Union machine in the recall election and her astute analysis is in the link:

http://conservativebyte.com/2012/06/palin-on-the-wisconsin-recall-battle/

I wonder when the "objective" commentators on Sarah are going to grudgingly admit that she is smart, courageous and well spoken?

When is the Twelfth of Never again?

From my ADA e-mail today...Waaaa...Waaa...Whine...Whine[the least they could do is serve some good Wisconsin cheese with the "whine":

"Wisconsin and Beyond

Wisconsin
used to be the stronghold of progressive thought
, responsive and responsible government. However, last Tuesday’s recall election results show us that unlimited, secret spending on scare messages and hate speech can convince people to vote contrary to their own interests.

We were outspent 7 to 1, but we will not give up. We will not be silent. On Saturday, the ADA Convention will screen the film:
We Are Wisconsin

The convention will also feature a luncheon keynote address in which CWA President Larry Cohen will present the union's "Building a Movement For Economic Justice & Democracy" campaign."