The Obama Coalition Collapsing Before Their Eyes - Let's Help It Along!

More bad news...

obama-hand-on-forehead-150x150.jpg

Things are quickly going down hill for the Obama campaign. The AFL-CIO, the largest federation of unions in the country, is going to be pulling funds from political candidates right when they need it most.

While they claim this has been in the works for months, they are denying that it had anything to do with Barack Obama showing up in Wisconsin or Scott Walker’s victory there.

“We wanted to start investing our funds in our own infrastructure and advocacy,” said AFL-CIO spokesman Josh Goldstein. “There will be less contributions to candidates.” This includes Barack Obama.

According to US News,

The AFL-CIO has been at odds with the president before Wisconsin on issues such as the public health insurance option and renewing the Bush tax cuts.

The shift in funding is significant due to the federation’s role in past presidential campaigns, where the AFL-CIO built up a massive political structure in the months leading up the election, including extensive “Get Out The Vote” efforts, as well as financial contributions.

This time around, Goldstein says, the federation wants to build a more long-lasting structure, giving “different kinds of support to different candidates.”

And that may mean more politically independent candidates.

The AFL-CIO is responsible for putting millions into Democrat coffers. In 2008 they gave $1.2 million and $900,000 in 2010.

The SuperPAC arm of the union, Worker’s Voice, turned over control of it’s $4.1 million in funds to union and non-union members. It’s website says, “Make phone calls, knock on doors… and you’ll earn the ability to direct dollars towards… your local or federal candidate of choice.”

Even MoveOn.org, is being abandoned by liberals, is facing troubles in all of this,

Fundraising messages from MoveOn.org’s political-action fund are taking an increasingly pessimistic and frantic tone. A recent
declared, “If we can’t increase our budget, we’re going to have to pull the plug now on some absolutely crucial campaigns.” According to documents filed with the FEC, MoveOn.org Political Action raised $9.1 million in contributions from January 2011 to March 31, 2012. In that same period, the group spent $10.5 million, and it has $2.75 million left in cash on hand. With just under five months until Election Day, and additional fundraising efforts ongoing, those totals are certain to increase. Still, it is a dramatic drop from last cycle and all the preceding cycles except one. By March 31 in the 2010 cycle, MoveOn.org Political Action had raised $18.5 million; by that date in the 2008 cycle, $14 million; in the 2006 cycle, $11.8 million; and in the 2004 cycle, $2.79 million — but that was in the first 15 months of the PAC’s existence.
The group would need to have a surge in new donations to keep pace with past cycles, never mind past presidential cycles

With Obama not fairing well with unions, with those workers in the unions, and liberal, political websites not producing money for his campaign, it is not looking good for him at this point.

Rats and sinking ships...it just keeps getting better...

Photobucket    Bucking Convention

Some Democratic incumbents in need of independent voters are skipping the DNC

By Dan Hirschhorn Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Vulnerable Democrats looking to distance themselves from President Obama have found an easy way to bolster their independent bona fides: just skip Obama's big party.

At least half a dozen Democratic officials have said in recent days that they won't attend the Democratic National Convention this September in Charlotte, North Carolina, where the president will formally receive the party's nomination for a second term. The latest: New York Democratic Reps. Bill Owens and Kathy Hochul, both of whom won special elections in recent years – in 2009 and 2011, respectively – that were heralded by party leaders.

"I guarantee that my time will be better spent meeting the farmers, small business owners and other people who put me here," Hochul told The Daily today.

A spokesman for Owens gave a similar explanation.

"He just has a packed schedule back home," he said.

This comes on the heels of Pennsylvania Rep. Mark Critz saying he'd opt out, and a trio of West Virginia Democrats — Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin, Sen. Joe Manchin and Rep. Nick Rahall — all doing the same. Even though most of the convention-skippers have claimed they'd simply rather spend time back home, the political undertones are clear. After all, these Democrats share one thing in common: They answer to a conservative-leaning electorate that, at best, views Obama with a great deal of skepticism.

So skipping a late-summer convention that doubles as a love-fest for Obama is something of a political no-brainer, especially considering the fact that a week full of extravagant parties doesn't make for the best optics with the country still in the midst of a fragile economic recovery.

"It's an easy way to make a statement that you're independent," said Democratic strategist Steve Murphy. "There are tight districts where Obama's not doing particularly well, and it makes sense from a political perspective for these folks. But I'm not sure how much difference it makes. After all, they're going to have to defend their voting records either way."

Added Democratic strategist Jim Jordan: "Conventions are for funny hats and hangovers. They're not where serious work is done, and candidates with competitive races are really better advised to spend the three or four days raising money and campaigning."

Owens narrowly won reelection in 2010 and faces another competitive race this year. Last summer he declined to say whether he'd endorse Obama for reelection. Hochul has said she'll vote for Obama. But with West Virginia emerging as ground zero for the president's struggles with white, working-class Democrats, Tomblin and Manchin have both withheld their endorsements.

Critz, who won a western Pennsylvania special election in 2010 but faces a tough reelection fight in a redrawn, more Republican-friendly district, issued a statement this week that reflected how any future convention-skippers are likely to frame their decision.

“I will not be heading to Charlotte for the national convention because I believe it is much more important to spend my time in western Pennsylvania listening to the people about how we can create jobs for the region," Critz said. "Since I was elected, my focus has been on creating jobs for people here rather than focusing on the agendas of the political parties in Washington and that will remain the case as long as I am serving in Congress.”
Naturally, Republicans aren't surprised.

“The Democrats’ convention in Charlotte is about as popular as a trip to the dentist these days," said Paul Lindsay, a spokesman for the National Republican Congressional Committee. "Unfortunately for these ‘no shows,’ attempting to hide from the President does not mean they will be able to hide their support for his policies.”

Murphy, while conceding the wisdom in some Democrats staying away, recommended a different explanation they can offer: "A better excuse might be, 'Have you ever been to one of those things?! You can't move around, it's boring, the parties are decent but that's about it."

Obama is bird cage liner. Do you know what bird cage liner is? You put newspapers on the bottom of the bird cage. It collects bird poop and wasted food. Every now and then you take it out and throw it away and put in fresh bird cage liner. All presidents of the USA are bird cage liner.

Obama is bird cage liner. Do you know what bird cage liner is? You put newspapers on the bottom of the bird cage. It collects bird poop and wasted food. Every now and then you take it out and throw it away and put in fresh bird cage liner. All presidents of the USA are bird cage liner.

Jerry:

Your erudite political analytical skills are always impressive to me, particularly when you espouse a brilliant metaphorical image as you did above.

Who do you see as the maker of the bird cage?

Adam

Your erudite political analytical skills are always impressive to me, particularly when you espouse a brilliant metaphorical image as you did above.

Adam

The bird cage metaphor is from Alex Jones.

The maker of the bird cage:

Who is John Galt? It is so secret that we can't talk about it. It has many levels of secrecy. Politicians know it exists but don't speak of it above their breath. Nobody believes it except conspiracy theorists. Bilderberg is part of it. The United Nations is part of it. Bohemian Grove is part of it.

There is a book that, according to Alex Jones, lays it all out. That book is Ecoscience by John Holdren. If people had taken Mein Kampf seriously, Hitler might have been prevented from coming to power. If people take Ecoscience seriously, maybe the NWO could be stopped.

http://zombietime.com/john_holdren/

Adam

The bird cage metaphor is from Alex Jones.

The maker of the bird cage:

Who is John Galt? It is so secret that we can't talk about it. It has many levels of secrecy. Politicians know it exists but don't speak of it above their breath. Nobody believes it except conspiracy theorists. Bilderberg is part of it. The United Nations is part of it. Bohemian Grove is part of it.

There is a book that, according to Alex Jones, lays it all out. That book is Ecoscience by John Holdren. If people had taken Mein Kampf seriously, Hitler might have been prevented from coming to power. If people take Ecoscience seriously, maybe the NWO could be stopped.

http://zombietime.com/john_holdren/

I am quite familiar with the literature Jerry.

So, I assume that your role in the scheme of the global birdcage is as a Parrot? Would that be fair? And what kinds of crackers does Polly get to eat and who fills the water dishes and the feeders?

Welcome home Jerry...

460.jpg

So, I assume that your role in the scheme of the global birdcage is as a Parrot? Would that be fair? And what kinds of crackers does Polly get to eat and who fills the water dishes and the feeders?

Welcome home Jerry...

I don't know who or what the parrot is. And I don't know who or what built the cage. All I know is Alex Jones said Obama is bird cage liner. I guess the people taking it out and putting in fresh bird cage liner are those who control the elections. And that ain't the voters.

Welcome home Jerry...

I don't know who or what the parrot is. And I don't know who or what built the cage. All I know is Alex Jones said Obama is bird cage liner. I guess the people taking it out and putting in fresh bird cage liner are those who control the elections. And that ain't the voters.

Jerry:

You have such a nice closed systematic gestalt.

It relieves you of all responsibility of effecting change at any level and that is sad.

Maybe we are all rats in the maze, or, birds in the Bilderberg Global Cage, but I would rather be a rat that will continue to look for the exit, or to change the structure of the maze, or the bird who has a chance to escape, than to just passively sit on the sideline and bitch.

Adam

Jerry:

You have such a nice closed systematic gestalt.

It relieves you of all responsibility of effecting change at any level and that is sad.

Maybe we are all rats in the maze, or, birds in the Bilderberg Global Cage, but I would rather be a rat that will continue to look for the exit, or to change the structure of the maze, or the bird who has a chance to escape, than to just passively sit on the sideline and bitch.

Adam

Your job as a docile slave is to accept your slavery and drink your fluoridated water and do everything your government wants you to do. You should trust your government even if your government wants to kill you.

You should not be like me. I wear a tin foil hat and see black helicopters everywhere. I'm a kook. I don't trust government. I drink distilled water made by my distiller. I avoid GE foods. Whatever the FDA (Fraud and Deception Administration) approves, I avoid. I don't watch TV. I get all my news from "alternative" sources. That means sources not approved by government. I don't have much formal education, not even a high school diploma. I look upon government-run schools as government indoctrination camps. I'm paranoid about food. I believe they really are out to get me. That's why everything I eat, I want to know what is in it. I believe the peer review process is totally corrupt with probably everything where there is lots of money to be made. I reject all studies done by or funded by FDA or any other government-run thing. I reject all studies done by or funded by the company that made the product.

Do you really wanna be like me? Nope. Then you better conform. Accept the status quo.

Anyone who follows my example is a crazy fool. There is no hope for me. But maybe others can be saved from becoming like me.

Drinking distilled water is not such a good idea. Your body needs some minerals. My tap water is low on natural fluoride and the filter in the fridge takes out the chlorine.

--Brant

I don't distil water in the fridge. I don't use a filter. I have a water distiller that boils tap water and goes drip drip drip. I don't worry about minerals. According to Codex Alimentarius, minerals are poisons. Of course, being a kook, I don't believe that and I get lots of minerals from my veggy mix that I make with my Omega grinder juicer. (I get the juice and the pulp together.) I don't eat most normal food. It's a wonder I'm still alive after heavily overdosing on minerals from the veggy mix nearly daily for years. But I seem to be immune to the stuff.

I started on distilled water after I learned that tap water has a bad taste, almost to the point of being undrinkable. I found it scary that I had been drinking this almost undrinkable water most of my life.

Drinking distilled water is not such a good idea. Your body needs some minerals. My tap water is low on natural fluoride and the filter in the fridge takes out the chlorine.

--Brant

I don't distil water in the fridge. I don't use a filter. I have a water distiller that boils tap water and goes drip drip drip. I don't worry about minerals. According to Codex Alimentarius, minerals are poisons. Of course, being a kook, I don't believe that and I get lots of minerals from my veggy mix that I make with my Omega grinder juicer. (I get the juice and the pulp together.) I don't eat most normal food. It's a wonder I'm still alive after heavily overdosing on minerals from the veggy mix nearly daily for years. But I seem to be immune to the stuff.

I started on distilled water after I learned that tap water has a bad taste, almost to the point of being undrinkable. I found it scary that I had been drinking this almost undrinkable water most of my life.

I've been using a PUR filter attached to the faucet for several years. These 3 stage filters yield approx. 100 gallons each and cost just over $8 each at Costco. I find unfiltered tap water undrinkable by comparison.

The Blog Another Dem. Congressman Refuses to Endorse Obama

11:33 AM, Jun 24, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER

President Obama's reelection problems continue in North Carolina, the state that's hosting this year's Democratic National Committee convention later this year. Congressman Mike McIntyre, a Democratic representative of North Carolina's Seventh Congressional District, is now refusing to endorse President Obama.

A local news affiliate asked McIntyre who he'd be endorsing:

McIntyre responded: "We've always been steadfast in our work for eastern North Carolina and I'm grateful because we've had Republican and Democratic friends who have supported us because they know my heart is there and it's not about a party agenda or any other person's agenda. Our focus is on the congressional race in eastern North Carolina."
For at least several months, McIntyre has refused to answer the question of whether he'll be supporting President Obama in November's presidential election.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn...

Even Ralph "Clueless" Nader is pissed off...

Ralph Nader: 'Cowering' Democrats face defeat

120706_ralph_nader_ap_328.jpg

Nader lamented the inaction of Democrats against what he views as an extremist GOP. | AP Photo

By WILLIAM BERGSTROM | 7/6/12 10:32 AM EDT

If the “cowering” Democrats — who “are tortured daily by Republican leaders” — come away the losers in November, they will have only themselves to blame, according to Ralph Nader.

“If the Democrats in Congress were all drinking water from the same faucet, there might be a clue to their chronic fear of the craven and cruel corporatist Republicans who dominate them,” Nader began in a post on his website. “But they don’t, so we have to ask why their fear, defeatism, and cowering behavior continues in the face of the outrageous GOP actions as the November election approaches.”

“The Democrats should be landsliding the worst Republican Party in history,” the former presidential candidate added. “Instead, Democrats let Boehner and Cantor peddle their unrebutted torrents of falsehoods to the voters in their districts.”

Nader lamented the inaction of Democrats against what he views as an extremist Republican Party, alleging that the “Democrats are tortured daily by Republican leaders.”

“Who’s fooling whom?” he concluded. “The coming days await a new and open jolting push by prominent outside Democrats who fervently want to wrench their party back from the abyss, from its own self-imposed sense of dread before a devastating, self-inflicted November defeat.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/78171.html#ixzz1zsJShLVr

• 3 months later...

In Iowa, a rural state of outsized political importance, retired nurse Pauline McAreavy is among thousands eager to vote against President Barack Obama after four years of disappointment.

"Obama gave us this 'no red, no blue state' America," said McAreavy, 78.

"I was fooled, I kick myself everyday," she said. "I said: 'In four years I'll get you buddy -- and I'm going to.'"

But McAreavy is among many voters in midwestern Iowa -- which kicks off the presidential nominating contests every four years -- who have abandoned their allegiance to Obama's platform.

Their lack of support, revealed in two dozen interviews with Iowa County residents, is at the heart of the president's challenge in seeking a second term in what has become a very tightly contested White House race.

Even young people, among Obama's most ardent supporters in 2008, appear disillusioned.

Sam Tracy, who delivers beer in Marengo, said he plans to abstain from voting, disgusted by the political impasse in Washington.

In 2008, the registered Independent proudly cast a vote for Obama in an election that made the history books.

"Based on what we were coming from, there was a lot of enthusiasm for Obama, but now that he's in office, the shine has worn off," Tracy said.

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/CNG---d31f4c6d8703eb91cc6dc8bbada0cf1d---81