we hope you still can fit us in

now you're a senior citizen

who now, not tempting fates, can

be called an Elder States man!

Have a great one,

Carol, Nanook, Gord and the Brothers

Edited by daunce lynam

Thank you all for your birthday posts.

David, it is never too late...lol - by the way is that "greet you a happy birthday" your way versus the American "wish you?"

Carol: You really should publish. You write really well.

Michael and Kat: Thank you and thanks for OL.

Michael M.:

I thought astrology was a poor man's science?

Einstein is quoted as saying, "Astrology is a science in itself and contains an illuminating body of knowledge. It taught me many things and I am greatly indebted to it."

"A touchstone to determine the actual worth of an 'intellectual' - find out how he feels about astrology." Lazarus Long.

Tony: Thank you so much. Keep posting, please.

Dennis: Thanks. I agree, not much I wouldn't do either.

I had a great birthday weekend. Great food, great woman and I still had time to take Tripoli!

Adam

Thank you all for your birthday posts.

David, it is never too late...lol - by the way is that "greet you a happy birthday" your way versus the American "wish you?"

Carol: You really should publish. You write really well.

Michael and Kat: Thank you and thanks for OL.

Michael M.:

I thought astrology was a poor man's science?

Einstein is quoted as saying, "Astrology is a science in itself and contains an illuminating body of knowledge. It taught me many things and I am greatly indebted to it."

"A touchstone to determine the actual worth of an 'intellectual' - find out how he feels about astrology." Lazarus Long.

Tony: Thank you so much. Keep posting, please.

Dennis: Thanks. I agree, not much I wouldn't do either.

I had a great birthday weekend. Great food, great woman and I still had time to take Tripoli!

Adam

Did you wear the lampshade, like the last time? :)

Enjoy!

r

Enjoy!

r

Rich:

Oh, so you are going to bring up that Nazi stag party again...I never mentioned that you played the accordion in the Marlena Dietrich outfit at that party, did I!

Adam

Enjoy!

r

Rich:

Oh, so you are going to bring up that Nazi stag party again...I never mentioned that you played the accordion in the Marlena Dietrich outfit at that party, did I!

Adam

Don't ever again use my name and the word accordion in the same sentence: I will track you down like a hunted animal. It's bad enough I have to do 3-4 gigs a year with my friend...he's 80, and he plays one of those . . .those . . .things. And a midi synth one, to boot. Yikes.

Now get back to your can of ether.

I think I saw Dennis (Ninth Doctor) had a birthday a couple of days ago, too, but I was in the middle of traveling.

Sorry for missing it.

Michael

Dennis:

Ouch...

mea culpa

Adam

I think I saw Dennis (Ninth Doctor) had a birthday a couple of days ago, too, but I was in the middle of traveling.

Sorry for missing it.

Michael

Awwww....

I woulda wrote thome thilly lineth

But there are jutht no rhymeth for Ninth

Many happy aeons more, O Time Lord

Not to worry, that Eeyore frown is readily turned upside down:

910 years of time and space...according to Wikipedia anyway.

Edited by Ninth Doctor

Not to worry, that Eeyore frown is readily turned upside down:

910 years of time and space...according to Wikipedia anyway.

Wow, tis true... 70 English words w/ no rhyme

I don't know why but this always fascinated me for some reason. But fear not, there is hope, every time a new dictionary revision comes out. It's like the lottery.

And I too forget if I said greetings for ND, did I? I am far too lazy to look. But even so, let's do it again--I really enjoy having you around. Both of you guys!

r

I don't know why but this always fascinated me for some reason. But fear not, there is hope, every time a new dictionary revision comes out. It's like the lottery.

r

Really, only 70? I don't use rhyming dictionaries, it's more fun to just go through the alphabet. When the stock of rhyme's depleting/ twist one out by good ol' cheating!

r

Really, only 70? I don't use rhyming dictionaries, it's more fun to just go through the alphabet. When the stock of rhyme's depleting/ twist one out by good ol' cheating!

You could probably get away with "shineth". Pronounce it like it was the 18th century, and you're singing Handel's Messiah, and he's only given you one staccato note for that word. "Shin'th".

r

You could probably get away with "shineth". Pronounce it like it was the 18th century, and you're singing Handel's Messiah, and he's only given you one staccato note for that word. "Shin'th".

Not only the 18th cent. - a lot of Anglican hymns are sung with those elisions.

For this you deserve another one:

We dinna like thee, Doctor P,

Or Dr Hsieh both he and she,

We don't much vaunt tha Ph.D

(mebbe we ouchter)

Nae, gie' us one wi' noble standings

Both in Tardis and in Blandings

One we always like tae talk ter...

Ninth Doctor

Edited by daunce lynam

Oh. I've never been to an Anglican service.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca0pz9UCBtU

(mebbe we ouchter)

Ninth Doctor

Mille grazie. But I don't get line 4 at all, it starts looking like Finnegans Wake, but soon there's a Wodehouse reference, that I can follow. Must tend to the Empress, that magnificent animal.

TS%20Pig%20Champ%20blog.jpg

Oh. I've never been to an Anglican service.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca0pz9UCBtU

(mebbe we ouchter)

Ninth Doctor

Mille grazie. But I don't get line 4 at all, it starts looking like Finnegans Wake, but soon there's a Wodehouse reference, that I can follow. Must tend to the Empress, that magnificent animal.

TS%20Pig%20Champ%20blog.jpg

"maybe we ought to", see rhyme cheating above.

Thanks for the great pinup. I'd take a closer look if I could just find my bally spectacles.

Adam

Huh, wondered why you went AWOL.

Must have been the food, there's a fresh bounce in your step since you returned... ;)

Tony

I was on OO a little while ago, and noticed that a birthday is listed: Robert J. Kolker, 76 years young. Assuming this is the same as our very own Ba’al Chatzaf, one begins to notice that a disproportionate number of denizens of Rand-land have birthdays in late August.

Happy Birthday Bob. Yeah, you get on my nerves, but still, Happy Birthday.

A Leo-Virgo cusp. Figures.

Hmmm, an interesting pattern.

Leo Virgo cusp astrological bullshit

I just think it was those cold, cold November/December nights that led to the population explosion in late August. Or, in my case, since my mother was a real knockout and my father was very Italian!

Adam