ART CONTEST!!!!

Jonathan

Submit your herioc Objectikitsch and win BIG money!

Take over where Rand left off in "lighting the path forward" by presenting your own artistic take on "crucial values."

Bust out your Roark-like aesthetic innovation "in visually arresting, engaging, and alluring new ways," like by showing figures leaping and bounding about, overtly and outwardly signalling their inner states!!!

Feel the prestige of having your art judged by, among others, a vice-presidential candidate who is also a "professional" photographer!!!

http://atlassociety.org/art-contest/about-the-contest

"Inspire, surprise, delight and provoke!"

J

The contest is a good reflection of the Objectivist culture personified all the way back to the days of NBI.

Qua that the culture wipes the floor with the ARI crowd which has gone sclerotic.

Qua OL--well, there's none here.

The philosophy of Ayn Rand comes with her type of culture.

There are no esthetics in Objectivism. Esthetics are not part of the philosophy. They were a huge part of Rand.

You can argue Objectivism is what she said it was. Did she say they were part of Objectivism? Part of--not implied.

Objectivism dead-ended with her for the embracement of that supposition and the embracement of the philosophy itself by Leonard Peikoff playing attenuated King-of-the-Hill Rand.

There is an American esthetic(s). Like the semi-official Objectivist one, it's positive lead-by-the-nose with generous whitewashing so Johnny can go marching off to war again and again and again. And Objectivists can enter art contests.

--Brant

12 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

"We invite artists of all types—whether painters, sculptors, cartoonists, or photographers..."

Did you catch that?

The Atlas Society is categorizing photographers as artists!

Please, someone, anyone, contact the Society and screech at them that photography is not art.

Ayn Effin Rand said so!

J

13 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

The contest is a good reflection of the Objectivist culture personified all the way back to the days of NBI.

Qua that the culture wipes the floor with the ARI crowd which has gone sclerotic.

Qua OL--well, there's none here.

The philosophy of Ayn Rand comes with her type of culture.

There are no esthetics in Objectivism. Esthetics are not part of the philosophy. They were a huge part of Rand.

You can argue Objectivism is what she said it was. Did she say they were part of Objectivism? Part of--not implied.

Objectivism dead-ended with her for the embracement of that supposition and the embracement of the philosophy itself by Leonard Peikoff playing attenuated King-of-the-Hill Rand.

There is an American esthetic(s). Like the semi-official Objectivist one, it's positive lead-by-the-nose with generous whitewashing so Johnny can go marching off to war again and again and again. And Objectivists can enter art contests.

--Brant

Well, she did categorize "esthetics" as the fifth branch.

And that's correct. The problem isn't that aesthetics doesn't belong in philosophy, but that the official Objectivist Estheics is not actually an example of the Objectivist method properly applied to the subject of aesthetics.

J

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The art of photography as pertains to my interest in it is to do my postwork in such a way that you cannot tell there was any postwork.  It's a minimalist approach and easier said than done.   

Oh and I won a grand prize at viewbug so I guess I'm now an "award winning" photographer.  1st place on over 40k entries is ok in my books!

https://www.viewbug.com/contests/animals-and-rule-of-thirds-photo-contest

lol J it's an owl :)

On February 13, 2017 at 0:56 AM, Jules Troy said:

Oh and I won a grand prize at viewbug so I guess I'm now an "award winning" photographer.  1st place on over 40k entries is ok in my books!

https://www.viewbug.com/contests/animals-and-rule-of-thirds-photo-contest

Impressive photograph.  Congratulations!!

What peculiar birds owls are with that flattened face.

Ellen

Judging art is like judging apple pies.   It is primarily subjective.  Also, culture induced bias  enters into the judgment.