My AmazonReview of "The Reasonable Woman," allegedly by Wendy McElroy

[Later edit: For an explanation of why asterisks have been substituted for the letters of J.O.'s name, see post #886 .]

Wendy's allegation that I physically assaulted her, which I reposted here , has again reared its ugly head -- this time on the Yahoo list Left Libertarian II. In a flurry of exchanges yesterday, one J**** * O*********, an attorney in Indiana, wrote the following in four separate posts:

"Your a liar, beater of women, a pathetic failure and a fool."

" I do think he [Ghs] is a beater of women, but I don't have proof."

"I stand by all my comments. They were appropriate and deserved."

"I stand by all my comments, as stated earlier."

I initially believed that Jim (as he calls himself online) was working in collusion with Brendy, but he adamantly denied that he knows either of them. I am inclined to believe him, but I remain skeptical. Why would an attorney post a public charge like this when he claims to know none of the parties involved and absolutely nothing about the plagiarism scandal? Indeed, Jim claimed that he has not even read Wendy's allegation first hand, and that all he knows is what I related second-hand.

Jim repeated his accusations on Atlantis II -- an elist that I have belonged to since its inception and which I have long regarded as my Internet home. The guy is a loon, so no one believes him there, but I posted this summary on A2 earlier today. This is a reply to another member:

----- Original Message -----

To: <atlantis_II@yahoogroups.com>

Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 9:17 AM

Subject: [atlantis_II] Re: My Favorite Things" revised

Wendy and lived together for nearly a decade. She gave no hint to anyone of physical abuse.

After Wendy and separated in 1985, we remained good friends for six years. Still no hint of abuse.

In a matter unrelated to the plagiarism charge, Wendy and I stopped talking in 1991. Still no hint of abuse.

The plagiarism scandal erupted in 1998, No hint of abuse in Wendy's public emails or for several years thereafter.

The scandal simmered down in late 1998, after I had to focus on a book project. No hint of abuse for seven years thereafter.

Now, here is where it gets interesting. I forget the exact year (I mentioned it on OL), but around 2005, I sent Wendy a single, short and civil email. I said that I did not consider the plagiarism matter closed, and I asked if she would like to work out a resolution between us. (This involved no money, btw.) If so, we would co-sign a statement that the dispute had been settled amicably between us, that we now considered the matter closed, and that neither of us would have any more to say about it in public. Wendy didn't reply, of course.

Not long after I sent that email, guess what happened? For the first time in the 30 years since I first met Wendy, she posted the blog accusing me of physically assaulting her during our years together. Wendy was obviously afraid that I would go public with the plagiarism scandal once again, so she launched a pre-emptive strike.

Those who have followed the OL thread will know that I have given overwhelming evidence that Wendy concocted a major lie in 1998, which I have dubbed the Immaculate Conception story, about how she wrote TRW. Indeed later, in another one of her 1998 emails, she concocted yet another lie that directly contradicted her own Immaculate Conception story.

This is why I have repeatedly called upon Wendy to post all of her public emails from 1998. People who know nothing else about this controversy need only read those emails to see how Wendy concocted one implausible and contradictory excuse after another in order to cover her plagiaristic tracks.

Given Wendy's 1998 lies, which are obvious to anyone who reads them -- and which I have analyzed extensively on the OL thread -- it astonishes me that anyone would give any credibility to her later charge of physical abuse, which is simply another wholesale lie.

You said, "I have no rock solid evidence for it not to have happened." So how, in principle, does one provide "rock solid evidence" against a baseless and vicious charge like this? Wendy shot her own credibility to hell with her flagrant 1998 lies, which I discuss extensively on the OL thread, but I suppose this is not "rock solid evidence" that I am not a criminal. Sharon Presley, a professor of psychology who knew both Wendy and I during that period, has gone on record (on OL) stating Wendy's charges are absurd, and that she would stake her professional reputation on it.

But that is not "rock solid evidence" either.

So I guess one allegation by an inveterate and proven liar, an allegation that Wendy never hinted at to anyone (not even her closest friends) for 30 years, an allegation that suddenly arose when Wendy feared that I might go public with the plagiarism charge once again, *might* just be true, because you cannot find any "rock solid evidence for it not to have happened."

That is some way of reasoning....

I am posting this info here, not because I want to rehearse Wendy's vicious allegations, but because I regard this thread as the Public Record, in effect, of everything that relates to the plagiarism scandal. If any OLers become aware of discussions on other lists or blogs, please mention them here.

Ghs

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although Wendy and I were not speaking at this time, I knew from third parties that she was keeping track of my misfortunes. So my theory is this: I think Wendy was not concerned about her plagiarism because she figured I would be in no shape to challenge anything. There is more involved obviously, but that is the basic theme.

Ghs

This makes perfect sense to me.

Makes perfect sense to me as well. When reading the original FOR passages Ghs posted and comparing them to Wendy's almost identical versions, I wondered why she did not even try to camouflage her copying of these passages more. The only explanation I could think of was that for some reason she must have felt very safe in proceeding like that; but what was that reason? Did she feel safe because she knew George was philosophically opposed to the idea of defending "intellectual property"?

I think she did know about this, but what George wrote in the passage you quoted above makes Wendy's brazenness in copying even more "explainable": She thought George would never recover. Everything falls into place now.

Edited by Xray

Although Wendy and I were not speaking at this time, I knew from third parties that she was keeping track of my misfortunes. So my theory is this: I think Wendy was not concerned about her plagiarism because she figured I would be in no shape to challenge anything. There is more involved obviously, but that is the basic theme.

Ghs

This makes perfect sense to me.

Makes perfect sense to me as well. When reading the original FOR passages Ghs posted and comparing them Wendy's almost identical versions, I wondered why she did not even try to camouflage her copying of these passages more. The only explanation I could think of was that for some reason she must have felt very safe in proceeding like that; but what was that reason? Did she feel safe because she knew George was philosophically opposed to the idea of defending "intellectual property"?

I think she did know about this, but what George wrote in the passage you quoted above makes Wendy's brazenness in copying even more "explainable": She thought George would never recover. Everything falls into place now.

Way to go, Wendy. The literary equivalent of purse-snatching from the wheelchair-bound. Entrepreneurship at its finest!

The thing which puzzled me most about the whole Wendy business issue was that she, for some reason, must have felt very safe in copying your material. And I asked myself "How on earth can she fel that safe in patently copying all these passages? Surely she realized George was going to read his own words verbatim in her book!"

I didn't get into this before because my thoughts are speculative and, to some extent, personal, but here is a summary:

1994, the year that Wendy began writing TRW, was the worst year of my life. I had hit the proverbial bottom of the barrel because of my drug use. Even though I was making $5000 per month from writing, I was evicted from my home in Long Beach because nearly everything I made went to heroin and cocaine for my girlfriend and me.

From there we moved to a motel room. It was decent, but after living there for several months we got kicked out for failure to pay. From there we moved a couple more times into places that got progressively worse, until we ended up sleeping on the floor of a ratty dive, living with a hard-core junkie and ex-convict. (This guy had six bullet wounds from a shoot-out with the cops many years earlier.)

Fortunately, I took my last paycheck for $5000 and used it to get my girlfriend and I in the door of the Alliance rehab clinic in Albuquerque. (We chose Alliance because it was highly rated, but much of that reputation was undeserved. But that is another story.)

Anyway, that was that. I never touched junk again and neither, I presume, did my girlfriend.

Ghs

I should probably finish this story, which gets even more weird.

After my girlfriend ("A") and I got out of rehab in 1994, the plan was for both of us to stay with her mother (Agnes) and her stepfather (Robert Murphy) in Norman, Oklahoma for a few months, until I could generate some income. A. and I had decided that we would probably need to separate eventually, because our relationship of eight years had been grounded in drug use, and we knew that our chances of relapsing were high if we didn't go our separate ways. In fact, we were more drug buddies than romantic partners.(Former users will understand what I am talking about here.)

Nevertheless, I accepted the generous offer by A's parents to stay with them for a while, figuring that their presence and a new environment would make a relapse highly unlikely. I was very disoriented after leaving rehab, so I needed some time to pull myself together.

I left Alliance after 2-1/2 weeks (of a 28 day program), because the detox program was finished, and almost everything else about Alliance was a joke. A. stayed for the entire program, however, so I flew to Norman by myself. I was greeted at the airport by Robert Murphy who, later the same day, subjected me to the "Indian Therapy" -- a.k.a., assault and kidnapping -- that I described earlier on this thread.

Okay, since I could no longer stay in Norman, what could I do? While at the airport, I called Richard Martin, told him that I didn't have time to explain anything, but that I needed to return to Long Beach immediately. Could he put me up in a small apartment in one of the buildings owned by his company until I could figure something out? Richard did exactly this, for which I was, and still am, grateful.

Ah, but here is the rub....

I explained earlier that I had used most of my last check for $5000 (from a writing project I had completed) to get A. and I into Alliance in NM. The problem was that I owed a lot to my drug dealer in Long Beach -- around $3800. I had a credit line of five grand, and for two years I had always paid my dealer on time and in full. But when it became obvious that I needed to get out of the mess I was in -- I probably would have died or been killed otherwise -- I stiffed my dealer and used the money for rehab instead.

Now, my dealer was a member in good standing of the Mexican Mafia in Long Beach, and those guys don't look kindly on not being paid. Thus, when I decided to stiff him (I really didn't want to do this, but I felt I had no realistic choice, as a matter of survival), I knew that I could never return to Long Beach. My dealer had all kinds of "runners" around the city, so, if I did return, it would only be a matter of time until someone spotted me. Then I would be a dead man.

So where did I find myself within two days after I left rehab? Right back in Long Beach! I rarely ventured out of my apartment, except at night to get something to eat, but those guys found me anyway. As I returned from dinner one time at around 10 p.m., four Mexicans, including the head guy, approached me in the dark. Two of them opened their jackets to reveal pistols tucked in their waistbands, and I was told to take them with me up to my apartment so we could talk. That was the last thing I wanted to do, but I saw no other choice.

To be continued, maybe ....

Yup, I have many interesting stories to tell in my Autobiography. :rolleyes:

Ghs

Way to go, Wendy. The literary equivalent of purse-snatching from the wheelchair-bound. Entrepreneurship at its finest!

Despite my many candid stories on this thread, I have been reluctant to explain some of the details that were especially painful. For example, I previously described Wendy's plagiarism as "intensely personal." This story is a major reason for my description.

I doubt if anything hurt me so much as the timing of Wendy's plagiarism. I later felt that I had been kicked in the head by a former close friend while I was down on the ground and virtually helpless.

In one of my replies to Richard "Normal" Martin, I noted that I had a nervous breakdown during this period. I vividly recall something that happened a few days before marshals showed up to evict me and A. from our Long Beach apartment. While lying in bed next to A., thinking about how badly I had fucked up and anticipating my dim prospects, I started to sob. I rarely cry, but his was not normal crying. It was deep, primal sobbing. It continued for at least a full hour, and, despite repeated attempts, I could do nothing to stop it. I just kept sobbing and sobbing and sobbing. I even put a pillow over my head at one point so as not to worry A. more than I already had. This went on for so long that my stomach was extremely sore for a week thereafter. I couldn't even cough without considerable pain.

Then, not long after moving into a motel, I started hallucinating big time. Most of the hallucinations were intensely sexual; I could look at a newspaper, for example, and see sexual images. Then one day, while standing in line at a bank, I looked at an abstract mural on the wall and saw sexual images everywhere. I didn't panic, but being the introspective type, I thought to myself (and these were my exact nonverbal words): "I am now officially insane. Now I know what it feels like to be insane."

Somehow during all this I managed to maintain a brisk writing schedule and thereby generate a good income, but I didn't know if I could ever pull out of my self-described insanity, especially while moving from one motel room to another.

This brings me to the last conversation that I ever had with Wendy. I mentioned this phone conversation in one of my replies to Brad, but now I will explain what happened.

I was able to get out of my predicament with the Mexican Mafia in Long Beach by quickly moving to SF, after JR had kindly offered to let me stay with him for a while. Not long after I moved in, JR and I got drunk on some thick sludge that he called "beer," and, as I began to reminisce about my recent misfortunes, I felt that I needed to talk to Wendy. I didn't know exactly why, except that I felt she, and she alone, would understand the hell I had been through.

I assumed that Wendy would not answer a phone call from me, so I asked JR to call her and ask if she would talk to me. Jeff agreed, but, as I expected, Wendy refused. Then something unexpected happened: Wendy called back a few minutes later and asked to speak to me. The following is a nearly verbatim account of our very brief conversation.

"Hi, Wendy. It's good to talk to you again."

"George, this is all too painful. I can't stand it. It's too painful."

I knew exactly what Wendy meant, so I said, "Okay, I understand. I won't call again."

In those few words that Wendy said to me, spoken in a guttural voice, I detected so much honesty that I cried after hanging up the phone. Little did I know what awaited me three years later, after the publication of TRW.

Ghs

Despite my many candid stories on this thread, I have been reluctant to explain some of the details that were especially painful. For example, I previously described Wendy's plagiarism as "intensely personal." This story is a major reason for my description.

I doubt if anything hurt me so much as the timing of Wendy's plagiarism. I later felt that I had been kicked in the head by a former close friend while I was down on the ground and virtually helpless.

In one of my replies to Richard "Normal" Martin, I noted that I had a nervous breakdown during this period. I vividly recall something that happened a few days before marshals showed up to evict me and A. from our Long Beach apartment. While lying in bed next to A., thinking about how badly I had fucked up and anticipating my dim prospects, I started to sob. I rarely cry, but his was not normal crying. It was deep, primal sobbing. It continued for at least a full hour, and, despite repeated attempts, I could do nothing to stop it. I just kept sobbing and sobbing and sobbing. I even put a pillow over my head at one point so as not to worry A. more than I already had. This went on for so long that my stomach was extremely sore for a week thereafter. I couldn't even cough without considerable pain.

Then, not long after moving into a motel, I started hallucinating big time. Most of the hallucinations were intensely sexual; I could look at a newspaper, for example, and see sexual images. Then one day, while standing in line at a bank, I looked at an abstract mural on the wall and saw sexual images everywhere. I didn't panic, but being the introspective type, I thought to myself (and these were my exact nonverbal words): "I am now officially insane. Now I know what it feels like to be insane."

Somehow during all this I managed to maintain a brisk writing schedule and thereby generate a good income, but I didn't know if I could ever pull out of my self-described insanity, especially while moving from one motel room to another.

This brings me to the last conversation that I ever had with Wendy. I mentioned this phone conversation in one of my replies to Brad, but now I will explain what happened.

I was able to get out of my predicament with the Mexican Mafia in Long Beach by quickly moving to SF, after JR had kindly offered to let me stay with him for a while. Not long after I moved in, JR and I got drunk on some thick sludge that he called "beer," and, as I began to reminisce about my recent misfortunes, I felt that I needed to talk to Wendy. I didn't know exactly why, except that I felt she, and she alone, would understand the hell I had been through.

I assumed that Wendy would not answer a phone call from me, so I asked JR to call her and ask if she would talk to me. Jeff agreed, but, as I expected, Wendy refused. Then something unexpected happened: Wendy called back a few minutes later and asked to speak to me. The following is a nearly verbatim account of our very brief conversation.

"Hi, Wendy. It's good to talk to you again."

"George, this is all too painful. I can't stand it. It's too painful."

I knew exactly what Wendy meant, so I said, "Okay, I understand. I won't call again."

In those few words that Wendy said to me, spoken in a guttural voice, I detected so much honesty that I cried after hanging up the phone. Little did I know what awaited me three years later, after the publication of TRW.

Ghs

That yours is a love story, in addition to every astounding thing else, is the most poignant part of all.

This thread needs more Ayn Rand.

There! Done.

--Brant

Interesting comment. Ayn Rand played a big role in my early years, while I was developing my ideas about "rational hedonism," and she continued to play an important role thereafter. I didn't develop into a Howark Roark or a John Galt, to say the least, but there is a direct if not obvious connection between Rand's ideas and how I lived my life.

Btw, though many of my posts have focused on the downside of my experiments in rational hedonism, I don't want to give the wrong impression. Many of my experiences were extremely good. In my autobiography, Sex, Drugs, and Philosophy: In Pursuit of a Hedonistic Life (should I ever get the six or eight months needed to finish the damned thing), I will discuss both the pros and cons of my experiments in living, as well as their philosophical implications. The ideas of Ayn Rand will play a prominent role in that book, but in a way that the mind of man can scarcely conceive. :rolleyes:

Ghs

Wendy's allegation that I physically assaulted her, which I reposted here , has again reared its ugly head -- this time on the Yahoo list Left Libertarian II. In a flurry of exchanges yesterday, one J**** * O*********, an attorney in Indiana, wrote the following in four separate posts:

Earlier today on Atlantis 2, I suggested to Mr. J**** * O*********, that he discuss his allegations against me on this thread. Jim didn't say Yes or No explicitly; instead he replied:

A lot of the people on OL seem like real nutcases and dirtbags and haters of women, no wonder you like it there. Your kind of crowd.

This sounds like a big NO! to me. :lol:

Ghs

I wonder why an attorney at law would post such material in a public way. There is an Indiana attorney of that name. This doesn't mean he's the guy posting. Be very careful in your replies to this guy and extra careful in contacting him directly especially through his law firm. The actual poster may be trying to set you up some way. An attorney would be a lot more circumspect, one would think. If he's who he says he is he must have some kind of Wendy fixation. If that's the case he's probably harmless. Generally speaking, the more people sputter the less they can get it up.

--Brant

I wonder why an attorney at law would post such material in a public way. There is an Indiana attorney of that name. This doesn't mean he's the guy posting. Be very careful in your replies to this guy and extra careful in contacting him directly especially through his law firm. The actual poster may be trying to set you up some way. An attorney would be a lot more circumspect, one would think. If he's who he says he is he must have some kind of Wendy fixation. If that's the case he's probably harmless. Generally speaking, the more people sputter the less they can get it up.

--Brant

I just had this exchange with J**** * O*********, attorney from Indiana, a few minutes ago on A2:

[JO] How about we meet face to face? Or are you too much of a coward, hiding behing your keyboard?

[Ghs] Jiminy O'Gaggler, the hot-blooded Irishman, wants to duke it out! This is simply too good to be true!

[JO] I said meet face to face. Yes or No?

[Ghs] I have an idea. You live in Indiana, right? Well, as I have mentioned many times before on A2, I live in Bloomington. That may not be very far from you, so if you are willing to travel to Bloomington, tell me when and where you want to meet.

[JO] Bloomington IN? (There is a Bloomington IL).

[Ghs} Oh, damn, I guess I live in Illinois. All these Midwestern town look alike to me. 8-) Why on earth would I want to meet face-to-face with an out of control Irishman? I can always go to a nearby Irish pub for that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ghs

A lot of the people on OL seem like real nutcases and dirtbags and haters of women, no wonder you like it there. Your kind of crowd.

But!™ your ears must be ringing day and night. BTW, I’ve made you something of a bête noire on OO. Here’s the first post about you, or you might want to start at the beginning.

http://forum.objectivismonline.net/index.php?showtopic=21980&view=findpost&p=276858

It gets pretty dopey, I’m afraid.

EDIT: Add italics to But!™.

Edited by Ninth Doctor

Brant,

As unlikely as it may seem, J**** * O*********, attorney from Indiana, is legit. He has been a member for years of both LL2 and A2, long before the latest incarnation of the plagiarism scandal.

I have an idea. Maybe I could schedule a rumble with J**** * O*********, attorney from Indiana, and then send you in my place. We could put glasses and a long-haired wig on you, tied in a ponytail; and since J**** * O*********, attorney from Indiana, has never met me, he might be fooled. Moreover, we are roughly the same age, so he would expect easy pickings from an older guy.

J**** * O*********, attorney from Indiana, would be very surprised to learn that he is fighting a former Green Beret and combat veteran! How long would you give him? 15 seconds? Less? :rolleyes:

Ghs

Wendy's allegation that I physically assaulted her, which I reposted here , has again reared its ugly head -- this time on the Yahoo list Left Libertarian II. In a flurry of exchanges yesterday, one J**** *. O*********, an attorney in Indiana, wrote the following in four separate posts:

Earlier today on Atlantis 2, I suggested to Mr. J**** *. O********* that he discuss his allegations against me on this thread. Jim didn't say Yes or No explicitly; instead he replied:

Ghs

I guess the wrinkled pussy jokes didn't fly all that well over there. Oh well. Yeah, that's me, the happily married misogynist. Douche factor= 96.875% with a bullet.

rde

Wah, wah, wah.

P.S. Ghs, the personal story is knocking me out. I got right up close on this, but not nearly at that point. I had Italians chasing me for awhile, but that was years ago. But from the motel part, yeah. And all the trimmings. Sheesh. Gone days, thank heavens.

But!™ your ears must be ringing day and night. BTW, I’ve made you something of a bête noire on OO. Here’s the first post about you, or you might want to start at the beginning.

http://forum.objectivismonline.net/index.php?showtopic=21980&view=findpost&p=276858

It gets pretty dopey, I’m afraid.

The trademark symbol is priceless. But!™ You forgot the italics. :rolleyes:

Ghs

Brant,

As unlikely as it may seem, _________________, attorney from Indiana, is legit. He has been a member for years of both LL2 and A2, long before the latest incarnation of the plagiarism scandal.

I have an idea. Maybe I could schedule a rumble with __________________, attorney from Indiana, and then send you in my place. We could put glasses and a long-haired wig on you, tied in a ponytail; and since J**** *. O*********, attorney from Indiana, has never met me, he might be fooled. Moreover, we are roughly the same age, so he would expect easy pickings from an older guy.

____________________, attorney from Indiana, would be very surprised to learn that he is fighting a former Green Beret and combat veteran! How long would you give him? 15 seconds? Less? :rolleyes:

Ghs

Old soldiers don't duke it out, they just blast away.

--Brant

I always needed a weapon: I only remember one of two ways to kill somebody instantly with a knife

I only recently noticed this thread. Needless to say, nothing shocks me anymore.

This whole thing makes me think of all the women who claim they were raped, but never bother to report those rapes. I don't have much respect for such women. It seems that they just want the benefits of being a "victim" without having to do all the work. In some cases, I suspect they just want to smear someone.

If you have "overwhelming evidence," then take it to court. If you don't, then shut up.

I only recently noticed this thread. Needless to say, nothing shocks me anymore.

This whole thing makes me think of all the women who claim they were raped, but never bother to report those rapes. I don't have much respect for such women. It seems that they just want the benefits of being a "victim" without having to do all the work. In some cases, I suspect they just want to smear someone.

If you have "overwhelming evidence," then take it to court. If you don't, then shut up.

I deleted an earlier response, because I am unclear about something: Who is the "you" referred to in your final paragraph? Does it refer to me or to Wendy?

Ghs

George:

I think he was referring to women's "rape" charges, and, or women's physical abuse charges, not your case against Wendy for plagiarism.

Adam

George:

I think he was referring to women's "rape" charges, and, or women's physical abuse charges, not your case against Wendy for plagiarism.

Adam

Yeah, that occurred to me a few minutes ago, so I revised my response even before I read your post. See above. I was confused because the term "overwhelming evidence" was used by me in my claim that Wendy had lied in 1998, so I assumed Chris was talking about my plagiarism charge. But after thinking it over a bit, it seemed odd that he would change his focus at the end of a post with a vague "you." Hence my altered post.

George:

Adam

Yeah, that occurred to me a few minutes ago, so I revised my response even before I read your post. See above. I was confused because the term "overwhelming evidence" was used by me in my claim that Wendy had lied in 1998, so I assumed Chris was talking about my plagiarism charge. But after thinking it over a bit, it seemed odd that he would change his focus at the end of a post with a vague "you." Hence my altered post.

You are the woman in this case, George, until and unless Chris makes it clear you aren't. It was that way clear to me; no ambiguity.

--Brant

edit: the key is that take-it-to-court suggestion--you didn't so that's his basic criticism (why would Wendy go to court?); he's upholding minarchism; he's knocking your anarchism; he's got an arguable point, but doesn't want to argue: Drive-by!?

Edited by Brant Gaede

George:

Adam

You are the woman in this case, George, until and unless Chris makes it clear you aren't. It was that way clear to me; no ambiguity.

--Brant

edit: the key is that take-it-to-court suggestion--you didn't so that's his basic criticism (why would Wendy go to court?); he's upholding minarchism; he's knocking your anarchism; he's got an arguable point, but doesn't want to argue: Drive-by!?

You may be right, but I will wait for Chris to clarify his meaning before I repost my original reply. My reply was, shall we say, a wee-bit sarcastic. :rolleyes:

The following is another exchange that I had yesterday on A2 with J**** * O*********, attorney from Indiana. Note how J**** * O*********, attorney from Indiana, threatened to sue me if I should be so brazen as to quote his allegations in my forthcoming autobiography. It would appear that J**** * O*********, attorney from Indiana, is not willing to take personal responsibility for his malicious charges.

Ghs: One more thing. I posted your allegations, along with your full name and occupation, on OL earlier today. The anarcho-psychologist Sharon Presley should be commenting on them within the next few days, so you may wish to watch the fireworks, even if you are too much of coward to post anything on OL yourself.

JO: So you have some friend of yours come along at your request and take your side, big deal. Are you still a drug addict? Maybe that would explain (although not excuse) your behavior. The "drug addict" part of his..."biography" is the subject of long winded posts about himself on OL that he keeps writing there. Talk about self centered.

Ghs: I have found that most autobiographies are "self-centered." 8-)

JO: Are you actually writing an autobiography, or just writing long posts about your life story? If you do get it published, remind me to rush right out and buy it. I'm sure it will be a real hot seller!

Ghs: Yes, I am really writing my autobiography. That's the reason for all the autobiographical fragments on OL. I have discussed this book many times on the thread. I now plan to quote you a few times in the book. Of course, I will give you credit by name. Don't you feel honored? 8-)

JO: Wow, if that's really a highlight of your life, go for it. I feel sorry for the handful of readers, though, you must not have had a very interesting life (except maybe for the drug addiction, the other scandals and accusations, I guess). I reserve the right to take any appropriate legal action against you and your publisher, distributor, and anyone else if the situation warrants it.

Ghs: Reserve whatever rights you like. Nothing like a frivolous lawsuit to promote the sales of a book. How about if, after quoting you in the book, I attribute them to one Jiminy O'Gaggler? Would that be better? 8-)

Ghs